What's new

Trade Deadline

karl malone

With the trade deadline only 10 days away & Utah 1/2 game up on POR for the 8th seed & 4 games behind MEM for the 5th seed, what are your thoughts on what moves (if any) the FO should make?

Personally, I will be disappointed if they decide to stand pat. Obviously it will come down to what opportunities are available, but I view this as a critical point in our rebuild. I'm sure DL is looking at Burks' return as a sort of deadline addition, but with the team finally (reasonably) healthy & showing signs of life, now seems like the time to make a move.

IMO, not doing so would be sending the team (especially Hayward) the wrong message. I'm not suggesting that we overpay to bring in a short-term solution at PG, but it's hard not to wonder what this team could accomplish with more consistent play from the position (not to discredit Neto's solid play of late or Burke's improvement this year).

If they aren't going to use future assets to better position themselves for a playoff run this year, I strongly believe that they should seriously look to move Hayward. Acquiring the right player & making it out of the 1st round could go a long way to not only convincing him to re-sign, but do so at less than market value (max). Not doing so could result in watching him walk next year or being forced to deal him for less than his true value.

What are your thoughts? Will you be disappointed if they don't make a move at the deadline?

Burke could get traded, that really depends on what they can return for him though. I'd probably keep him. Does anyone know if he can be traded during the 2016 draft? I feel like **** and don't wanna figure it out myself, I kinda have a gut feeling thats when he'll get traded (if he does, and if its possible).

Tibor Pleiss should be traded for a pack of bubble gum, any sort of expiring will do.

I'd have Withey on the block in case any team wants to try and overpay, same for Trevor Booker.

I'd also look to move Ingles for any sort of expiring, thats just me though, he's obviously a placeholder here so I'd be looking for a good replacement asap. He fits with this team, he's still very replaceable IMO - they could spend his salary in a better way.

I'd also field offers for Hayward, ya never know what kinda offers are out there. they could conceivably trade him away and then try and sign him after next season too, stranger things have happened.

I'd say Burke + 1st round pick or Burke + Booker + 1st for Teague. If Hawks still don't agree, maybe Burke + Burks, we need a great PG since we have great players at every position outside PG.

Then give another 1st or maybe 2 second round picks for Lauvergne. He doesn't play a lot in Denver but he's pretty great (plus he can even shoot threes). Gobert loves him too. Plus, he's on a very good contract.

If you get both Teague and Lauvergne, the 5th seed should be reachable baring any new major injury.

Don't trade any core player though, which means not Hayward, Hood, Favors or Gobert (include Exum too, defensively he was pretty great). Any other player may be traded.

Burke could get traded, that really depends on what they can return for him though. I'd probably keep him. Does anyone know if he can be traded during the 2016 draft? I feel like **** and don't wanna figure it outmyself.

Tibor Pleiss should be traded for a pack of bubble gum, any sort of expiring will do.

I'd have Withey on the block in case any team wants to try and overpay, same for Trevor Booker.

I'd also look to move Ingles for any sort of expiring, thats just me though, he's obviously a placeholder here so I'd be looking for a good replacement asap. He fits with this team, he's still very replaceable IMO - they could spend his salary in a better way.

I'd also field offers for Hayward, ya never know what kinda offers are out there. they could conceivably trade him away and then try and sign him after next season too, stranger things have happened.

Burke can be traded at draft time.

I don't understand the Hayward talk. He will be here and we will pay him the max. To me its clear management sees Dante as the guy that blossoms that makes this team jump into the upper tier. Not sure I agree personally.

We should make a minor move because we could get pretty good by adding a rental guy or a decent pg. I don't think a Teague deal happens but if the Kings finally concede this season is over then I could see us getting in on a Darren Collison deal.

Other targets I'd look at are Teletovic (Boler can't say his name so itd be great to get him for comedic effect), PJ Tucker, Bayless (if we move Trey), Bellinelli if they want to dump his contract. Brandon Bass if we use Booker in another deal to match salaries.

We have so many second rounders... we should be able to pick up a guy on a one year rental and we should use the 2nds to do it... we have too many seconds and not enough roster spots.

I'm fine not making any moves. Not a fan of making mid season moves. Let's do that after the season is over. Don't think trading For Teague is realistic as it would take Burks+ a pick or hood. They don't need Burke, but a wing. Burke only brings back minimal talent back, hardly anything to convince Hayward to resign. I think Burke will most likely help us make a playoff run better then anyone we might trade for him.

Would you send Burke and the OKC or GSW 1st for Darren Collison. I believe Burke and Boogie are friends or at least there are pics of them hanging out I remember.

I would also like to retain Burks until this offseason and then maybe put him out there to see what we can get. I like a lot of the 2 guards in this years draft and think we should use our 1st rounder this year bring one in to develop.

Ingles is going to be our Luke Walton. We will keep him forever as long as he is willing to stay for cheap.

I'll put my life savings on our team looking the same the day after the trade dealine.

The only person of any substance that's on the block is Burke - I'm sure the rest of the non-core is available but let's face it, they're all pretty much filler at best.

I don't think The Jazz have Burks on the block being he has a broken ankle - not sure how you deal from a position of strength in that situation.

Ideally you'd want a scorer, preferably a stretch 4 coming off the bench - Teletovic, Patrick Patterson, Ryan Anderson. I'd trade Booker or Burke and a second round for any of these guys.

The only person of any substance that's on the block is Burke - I'm sure the rest of the non-core is available but let's face it, they're all pretty much filler at best.

I don't think The Jazz have Burks on the block being he has a broken ankle - not sure how you deal from a position of strength in that situation.

Ideally you'd want a scorer, preferably a stretch 4 coming off the bench - Teletovic, Patrick Patterson, Ryan Anderson. I'd trade Booker or Burke and a second round for any of these guys.

I'm sure Burks is on the block, but his trade value is probably at an all time low so it makes no sense to sell at this point.

I really don't know why Utah would want to trade Booker unless they can get a draft pick. Those guys you listed are good, but Lyles is slotted to become that guy and Booker is a nice placeholder for the time and provides a lot of intangibles to the team.

Luke Walton was vastly overpaid as a player..

Only because the Lakers had a thin roster in the lockout year, which happened to be his contract year, and he got a lot of minutes and played decently.

Maybe it was a bad example, but I think they will keep him as a locker room guy for as long as he is in the 3 million dollar range. I see Ingles leaving for Australia to finish his career at home rather than a competing team offering him anything over what we are paying him now.

I really don't know why Utah would want to trade Booker unless they can get a draft pick. Those guys you listed are good, but Lyles is slotted to become that guy and Booker is a nice placeholder for the time and provides a lot of intangibles to the team.

I don't think you can expect anything from Lyles on a consistent basis until year 3. I like some of what I've seen so far but I'm predicting a lot of peaks and valleys in his next 125 games. Any of these 3guys would make great placeholders until then.

I don't dislike Booker but you can't give the guy minutes when you're playing from behind because of his high propensity for mind boggling turnovers and dumb f**ing fouls. I'd gladly trade one thunder dunk and one offensive rebound or hustle play for a 4 that you have to guard from 25 feet out on every single possession.

If we didn't go after Teague then I would say that to get some bench scoring would be nice. But that's pretty much the same thing as getting Burks back from injury.