What's new

Trade Deadline

It begins.

That's a way better offer than anything that I would be willing to give them.

the Jazz aren't gonna overpay for him, like some of us said from the get-go..

consider that tweet the kaiboshing of all the Teague to Utah rumors, the Jazz won't beat that offer. they'll be fishing for the highest bidders, Dennis Lindsey isn't that guy.

nIZj3wu.png

As good as Lindsey's been as the GM, overpaying for Trey Burke, then overpaying for Jeff Teague to replace him wouldn't really look good... It'd leave Exum out to dry too.

With the trade deadline only 10 days away & Utah 1/2 game up on POR for the 8th seed & 4 games behind MEM for the 5th seed, what are your thoughts on what moves (if any) the FO should make?

Personally, I will be disappointed if they decide to stand pat. Obviously it will come down to what opportunities are available, but I view this as a critical point in our rebuild. I'm sure DL is looking at Burks' return as a sort of deadline addition, but with the team finally (reasonably) healthy & showing signs of life, now seems like the time to make a move.

IMO, not doing so would be sending the team (especially Hayward) the wrong message. I'm not suggesting that we overpay to bring in a short-term solution at PG, but it's hard not to wonder what this team could accomplish with more consistent play from the position (not to discredit Neto's solid play of late or Burke's improvement this year).

If they aren't going to use future assets to better position themselves for a playoff run this year, I strongly believe that they should seriously look to move Hayward. Acquiring the right player & making it out of the 1st round could go a long way to not only convincing him to re-sign, but do so at less than market value (max). Not doing so could result in watching him walk next year or being forced to deal him for less than his true value.

What are your thoughts? Will you be disappointed if they don't make a move at the deadline?

Dalamon,

Please scrap this and go back to the Karl Malone impersonations. It was brilliant.

TIA

Hawks are deciding whether to blow it up....

IND seems to be dangling George Hill for Teague. Doesn't seem to make sense from ATL's point of view.. Hill is owe $8m for this year and next so he'll be gone the same time as Teague.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14745595/atlanta-hawks-entertain-deals-al-horford-jeff-teague-kyle-korver-trade-deadline

The Hawks have been gauging the market for point guard Teague, who has started 345 games for Atlanta over the past four and a half seasons. Sources say the Indiana Pacers have made inquiries and have dangled guard George Hill as a possible swap. The Magic are also potential suitors for Teague, sources confirmed.

Teague's favorable contract, which will pay him $8 million in 2016-17, coupled with the potential shown by backup Dennis Schroder, has rendered the seven-year veteran shoppable. Schoder, chosen with the 17th overall pick in the 2013 draft, emerged last season as a potent, if sometimes erratic weapon off the bench. In addition, the coaching staff admires the 22-year-old's competitive streak, a quality the mellower Teague exhibits more sparingly.

Looks like Burke is on the block. Is out tonight and not traveling with the team which means out tomorrow. Seems like it's more than an upset stomach that's keeping him out.

Andy LarsenVerified account
‏@andyblarsen
Trey Burke is OUT for tomorrow's game against Dallas.

Looks like Burke is on the block. Is out tonight and not traveling with the team which means out tomorrow. Seems like it's more than an upset stomach that's keeping him out.

I really wonder what they're looking to return for Burke. I hope its a long-term asset, not a short-term one. That probably isn't the case though.

Trey Burke for Lou Williams works in the trade machine, would anyone here do that?? He's got a few girlfriends, he'd fit right in here in that regard.

He's signed for the next 2 seasons for $7,000,000 per

Can you go look at DL bedroom and find out for me please? I know you can!

The whole reason they're shopping Teague is to free up time for Schroeder. Hill makes zero sense as it would leave them exactly where they are.

The whole reason they're shopping Teague is to free up time for Schroeder. Hill makes zero sense as it would leave them exactly where they are.
I don't see why they'd want Burke then. How about some draft picks? Sounds like that will be the thing they covet most going forward.

I don't see why they'd want Burke then. How about some draft picks? Sounds like that will be the thing they covet most going forward.

cheap contract, player they think will defer to Dennis, and low risk altogether. Plus, he may play better with the Hawks system then ours. AND, he suits their rebuilding plan rather well.

Burke, Burks + picks is far superior to just George Hill. It would need to be Burke + at least two first rounders in order to take Burks out of the mix though.

keep in mind the offer that we snagged Al Jefferson for. It'll likely be something similar for Teague in my opinion. Both fringe all-stars that don't fit with the long-term focus of a team intent on rebuilding around a younger player of a similar position.

Dalamon,

Please scrap this and go back to the Karl Malone impersonations. It was brilliant.

TIA

haha. Similar writing style, but I'm for sure not antsy to make a deal. I'm fine with standing pat for this deadline. I'd definitely want to do some pickups next season though.