What's new

Trade Deadline

So Detroit just ripped off Orlando... Harris for Jennings and Illyasova... reportedly no picks.

Ehh, Harris has sucked this year and was a bad contract. He didnt fit the team and got in the way of Aaron Gordon's development. Good on Orlando for getting out of a bad contract though the fact they couldnt secure draft picks does suck.

Detroit is incredible.

Orlando now has three ball dominant pgs, and lose a lot of rebounding inside with Harris gone. Something else is going to move.

That seems like a really bad deal but so have all of Orlando's previous moves and they've kind've worked out.

Detroit is incredible.

Orlando now has three ball dominant pgs, and lose a lot of rebounding inside with Harris gone. Something else is going to move.

Hmm I have like Oladipo for a long time. A late first and Trey Burke for him?

Detroit is incredible.

Jennings is an expiring contract. This deal was done to get out of Harris, not get Jennings.

I think Victor Oladipo could be had. He's still a high-upside talent, elite physically. Not sure what Orly is looking for, but Oladipo is a buy-low prospect right now.

You gotta think with Payton/Fournier/Oladipo/Jennings, somebody else is moving..

Maybe Oladipo, but getting Jennings has no impact on anything. He is an expiring contract.

Their depth chart is pretty solid now that Harris is gone:

Payton/Jennings
Oladipo/
Fournier/Hezonja
Gordon/Illyasova
Vucevic/Frye

Ehh, Harris has sucked this year and was a bad contract. He didnt fit the team and got in the way of Aaron Gordon's development. Good on Orlando for getting out of a bad contract though the fact they couldnt secure draft picks does suck.

His contract will be a bargain compared to what is handed out this summer. He doesn't fit, but I still think you could get more. He was being used as a SF and is best used as a stretch 4 combo type forward. If they just wanted to get off his contract I think they could have gotten picks or something better. I think they are stopping short on their rebuild in a panic to win now. Glad the Jazz have more vision than this.

Maybe Oladipo, but getting Jennings has no impact on anything. He is an expiring contract.

Their depth chart is pretty solid now that Harris is gone:

Payton/Jennings
Oladipo/
Fournier/Hezonja
Gordon/Illyasova
Vucevic/Frye

Payton/Oladipo/Gordon are not good shooters... Fournier is too small to play SF. That lineup is less good to me than with Harris.

His contract will be a bargain compared to what is handed out this summer. He doesn't fit, but I still think you could get more. He was being used as a SF and is best used as a stretch 4 combo type forward. If they just wanted to get off his contract I think they could have gotten picks or something better. I think they are stopping short on their rebuild in a panic to win now. Glad the Jazz have more vision than this.

According to Zach Lowe Harris is "divisive players in the league among front office types".

I dont think the trade was a panic/win now trade. I think it was just "let's clear cap room so we have more money this FA to go after players that are actually worth money". Harris isnt worth 16 million even in the new CBA.

I've been thinking about Oladipo. I'm just not sure how he fits into things here having Hayward and Hood. I guess if you trade out Burke and Burks and take back Oladipo as a combo guard?

According to Zach Lowe Harris is "divisive players in the league among front office types".

I dont think the trade was a panic/win now trade. I think it was just "let's clear cap room so we have more money this FA to go after players that are actually worth money". Harris isnt worth 16 million even in the new CBA.

When every NBA guy reporting on this comes back and verifies that there are no picks included in the deal then you know it was a bad deal. While having a down year he is still top 15 in RPM for small forwards. I'd love him as a third big even though he's highly paid. They could have done a salary dump in the offseason when every team has cap space if they found a player interested in going there. Clearing the space without knowing what you can bring in is iffy when there are more dollars than players available this offseason.