What's new

Trade Deadline

Nice troll post. I'll bite.

How many assist videos have you watched on nba.com/stats? I don't believe you believe all assists are created equally.

How is that a troll comment? I think it's very accurate. In fact, I'd wager that most of Burk's assists come from penetrating and kicking out.

I heard oladipo is available. Is he someone we would want? I haven't watched any of the magic games to know enough about him. He plays defense right?

I heard oladipo is available. Is he someone we would want? I haven't watched any of the magic games to know enough about him. He plays defense right?

He plays defense, the asking price will be too high though. And he's kinda stuck between the guard positions

He plays defense, the asking price will be too high though. And he's kinda stuck between the guard positions

He's a hard player to fit in somewhere. I also think he's over valued a bit.

So i think the Jazz would rather have George Hill than Teague. I think he's of an age when his contract expires that he won't need a huge deal like Teague and may be ready to come of the bench.

3 team deal where burks and Burke go to Atlanta Teague goes to Indiana and hill comes to Utah. I think it would be more than a rental.

Also, the NBA is extremely generous in assists. Burks gets a lot of his assists by making a simple swing pass. Hood creates real assists.

Watch the assists on nba.com/stats. They're giving assists to players who throw an entry pass to a high post who holds the ball for 3 seconds and then takes a shot. That's the type Burks gets.

The last assist Burks was awarded before his injury 0:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKafx1g7N0

???

Under-performing after several injuries is not going to raise their value. Burks has very little potential intrigue left. We know what he is. Add a couple more years onto that and any growth intrigue left will go into reverse as far as value is concerned. He needs to be traded today to a team making a push. The only thing that will increase his value is chopping off years from that ****ty contract DL gift wrapped him.

Exum still has intrigue as a number 4 pick. That's going to dry up fast after his injury and another season like he had last year.

Both players need to go. Today.

Basic statistics maybe. Hood crushes Burks in TS% (the most important offensive metric IMO. Jordan, LeBron, Durant, Curry lead that ****).

Burks is down a notch below the Monta Ellis type offensive efficiency, but he can't score in volume like players of that caliber. If he defended he would make up for it, but he doesn't.

Plus Hood is early and on the rise. Bring this up in two years when it's relevant.

Also, the NBA is extremely generous in assists. Burks gets a lot of his assists by making a simple swing pass. Hood creates real assists.

Watch the assists on nba.com/stats. They're giving assists to players who throw an entry pass to a high post who holds the ball for 3 seconds and then takes a shot. That's the type Burks gets.

Spot on. Franklin has been killing it lately.

The last assist Burks was awarded before his injury 0:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKafx1g7N0

Watching Burks on the ground like that in so much pain makes me ill.

I still don't think it was a bad foul by pierce but pierce is a bitch for not even trying to see if alec was ok. Burks was ****ed up and pierce didn't even care

Watching Burks on the ground like that in so much pain makes me ill.

I still don't think it was a bad foul by pierce but pierce is a bitch for not even trying to see if alec was ok. Burks was ****ed up and pierce didn't even care

Such a dick move. After watching those highlights I just want Alec back... eff trading for Teague we can play Burks, Hay, and Hood to finish games. He's got to be like a couple weeks away right?

What about Burke, Burks and a 1st if we need to for Dragic? Maybe toss in McRoberts?

I think Dragic's numbers in PHX were fluky. I'm not convinced he's worth his contract and I wouldn't give up that much to get him. Think Miami will regret that move sometime.

His contract is also too long... blocks Dante's development.

What about Burke, Burks and a 1st if we need to for Dragic? Maybe toss in McRoberts?
I would do that (depending on how long dragics contract is)

But I was really high on dragic in Phoenix. Don't know how good he is now though.

Suns dragic would be awesome with the rest of the jazz starters

I would do that (depending on how long dragics contract is)

But I was really high on dragic in Phoenix. Don't know how good he is now though.

Suns dragic would be awesome with the rest of the jazz starters

He's not that same player or the Heat would be much better, he's declined.

I don't think we do anything big, but I think we move Trey Burke. Possible destinations would be PHX, NY, Sacramento, and Brooklyn

Yeah nothing big. Id like to see if we could get some more depth though. Help the bench out.

I'd like to see maybe a Burke for O' Quinn deal. Think Kyle can play with all three of our other bigs. Would bring some of the offensive rebounding and toughness that Booker brings just in a less spastic way.