What's new

Trade Deadline

That is the trouble with the current jazz structure. Team success has been dependent on many working parts. And it is those working parts that other teams want. Injured Alec and chuker Trey won't buy much. The OKC and GS picks don't buy much either, at least not at the deadline. They might have more value at draft time.

I also really wish Snyder would try more zone defense, specifically a 3-2 zone.

A 3-2 zone does not work that way. The bottom two defenders (generally PF/C) cover the corners, so you can force Gobert/ Favors 20 feet from the basket by putting your shooters in the corners. You don't even need a stretch 4/5 to get this outcome.

In a 2-3 you can keep Gobert near the basket regardless of perimeter ball position.

This just in from Spencer Checketts:

https://twitter.com/1280Spence/status/699371871632957440

.@ChrisMannixYS on @1280sports says the Jazz have been pursuing Jeff Teague. Hawks asked for Rodney Hood and a pick in return. Jazz said no.

Not, no, but hell no!

I'm only ever in favor of a trade that will help us win a championship, so any move that is geared more towards helping us this year than helping us down the road, I'm not a fan of.

And this seems about as bad as it gets.

A 3-2 zone does not work that way. The bottom two defenders (generally PF/C) cover the corners, so you can force Gobert/ Favors 20 feet from the basket by putting your shooters in the corners. You don't even need a stretch 4/5 to get this outcome.

In a 2-3 you can keep Gobert near the basket regardless of perimeter ball position.
That's not how it works when I use it on nba 2K

This just in from Spencer Checketts:

https://twitter.com/1280Spence/status/699371871632957440

.@ChrisMannixYS on @1280sports says the Jazz have been pursuing Jeff Teague. Hawks asked for Rodney Hood and a pick in return. Jazz said no.

Not, no, but hell no!
If this is what it takes to trade Teague... Teague ain't going anywhere but free-agency in a year or so unless his asking price goes down.
It seems like the Kings are shopping McLemore...maybe he could be a good option for the Jazz?

https://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/191064/timberwolves-in-the-mix-for-ben-mclemore.html
No. I like who we have more.

Interesting that they're still talking to Utah considering that it was well established that Utah won't give up the same quality of assets that New York, Indiana and Orlando will to get Teague.

Like many have said before, everyone's positions start out on and extreme high or low and then work toward center. If the Jazz make a deal, I'd have to think it will involve Burke, Booker and a future pick with minimal protection. Also, it will get done because of DL and Quin's relationship with Budenholzer and because the Hawks want to move Teague out of the East.

it will get done because of DL and Quin's relationship with Budenholzer and because the Hawks want to move Teague out of the East.

I've never heard of a team taking an inferior deal to keep a player out of the Conference. Smart teams try to improve themselves and not worry so much about which counterparty team they may be helping. What are the odds that helping a team will impact your team's future success?

This. A 2-3 is the only zone I'd consider if I was Quin (not Quinn some of you)...maybe some 1-3-1.

9824f0e9637320de49de4f92a41553e3040593f68703eae2b1848873b0825d62.jpg