What's new

Trade for Ben Simmons

Simmons has been overly criticized for his playoff performances. If you look at this stats, they are great in the playoffs.

I think him and Gobert would work. Quin would have to change up his system a bit. Ben could really thrive in a space where he will get less media focus. Gobert is also a player who is massively hated by general nba fans, so Simmons/Gobert could bond over being villains in the NBA. The defense with Gobert/SImmons/Royce would just be incredible. Mitchell can be an *** defender if he wants to be and it wouldn't matter much as long as the 5th guy is league average.

Assuming the Jazz can swing a Simmons deal, they will be giving up Bogey/Conley/Ingles at a minimum most likely.

That means you still have Royce and Mitchell as starters, who would fit perfectly with Simmons/Gobert. The 5th starter would ideally be some kind of solid defender who could also shoot from the guard position. House could potentially be that guy. Justin Holiday would be a perfect fit IMO in terms of obtainable vets.
But he's SUCH a dick. I'd almost rather suck. Almost.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Eh, I just don't see it happening with Harris. Way too much dang money this year, next year, etc.

Are we really going to trade Conley, Bojan, Clarkson, Ingles and 2 1sts for Simmons and Harris? Do you see what that does to our cap the next few years?

If we could do it for Conley, Bojan, and a 1st, I would do it. We would save a boatload in luxury money this year and next year.

I just see it being extremely unrealistic.

**** no.

Maxey, Thybulle, Harris, Curry and two 1sts for Mitchell and Conley

Maxey-Butler
O’Neale-Curry
Bogey-Thybulle
Harris-Gay
Gobert-Whiteside

Not sure how I feel about that. Not thrilled. But we’d be adding toughness and rebounding and stretch 4 which we need. We’d be adding defense with Thybulle and Maxey. And Maxey is legit. And as crappy as Harris’s contract is, we’d be sending out to big *** ones.

Last edited:
Eh, I just don't see it happening with Harris. Way too much dang money this year, next year, etc.

Are we really going to trade Conley, Bojan, Clarkson, Ingles and 2 1sts for Simmons and Harris? Do you see what that does to our cap the next few years?

If we could do it for Conley, Bojan, and a 1st, I would do it. We would save a boatload in luxury money this year and next year.

I just see it being extremely unrealistic.
More than 2 teams can be involved in a trade genius.

More than 2 teams can be involved in a trade genius.
Who is the third team dying to have Harris who wouldn't make us dump yet another draft pick?

There is this thing called supply and demand. There is no demand for Tobias at his number right now.

Who is the third team dying to have Harris who wouldn't make us dump yet another draft pick?

There is this thing called supply and demand. There is no demand for Tobias at his number right now.
Any playoff team who thinks they are one piece away and want to speed up their timeline to win now.

I know you are perpetually thinking about "what if" and "4 years from now" but some teams actually like winning.

Any playoff team who thinks they are one piece away and want to speed up their timeline to win now.

I know you are perpetually thinking about "what if" and "4 years from now" but some teams actually like winning.
Name that playoff team

Yeah, we're really winning right now. I'm so happy being a pretend contender. Seems like everybody around here is happy "winning" as you put it.

What are you even talking about?
You still haven't named a playoff team willing to take Harris without us shelling out more assets.

We aren't a contender so you're comment about people "like winning" is bogus. We aren't contenders, and most everybody sees that. Change is necessary and it's coming.

You still haven't named a playoff team willing to take Harris without us shelling out more assets.

We aren't a contender so you're comment about people "like winning" is bogus. We aren't contenders, and most everybody sees that. Change is necessary and it's coming.
Again, who is this "we" you are talking about? I was talking about others teams who like to win, so they would trade for a player who would help them win, and not being obsessed with the pretend future like you are.

Again, who is this "we" you are talking about? I was talking about others teams who like to win, so they would trade for a player who would help them win, and not being obsessed with the pretend future like you are.
We is the Utah Jazz. We aren't a contender.

Trading Conley for Jerami Grant doesn't tank us. What are you talking about? All the ideas are out there with the goal to make us (meaning the Utah Jazz) win.

Please make sense.

We is the Utah Jazz. We aren't a contender.

Trading Conley for Jerami Grant doesn't tank us. What are you talking about? All the ideas are out there with the goal to make us (meaning the Utah Jazz) win.

Please make sense.
Trading Conley does tank us if we dont get a high level PG back.

You arent a Jazz fan. Dont use "we". I wasnt even referencing the Jazz when you said that.

Trading Conley does tank us if we dont get a high level PG back.

You arent a Jazz fan. Dont use "we". I wasnt even referencing the Jazz when you said that.
Lol. Okay. Yeah, I hate the Jazz because I'm don't play fanboy to the players you are fanboy too.

We tank without Conley? Do you realize that outside of the Memphis series (#1 vs #8), that we have a better playoff record when Mike sits than when he plays?

Simmons is a guy who could be MVP if he actually dedicated himself offensively.

But he won’t and never will. Plus he’s a massive douche.

That’s a nice way of saying that I don’t want him and why most teams around the league don’t want him.

Lol. Okay. Yeah, I hate the Jazz because I'm don't play fanboy to the players you are fanboy too.

We tank without Conley? Do you realize that outside of the Memphis series (#1 vs #8), that we have a better playoff record when Mike sits than when he plays?
Huge sample size

Simmons is a guy who could be MVP if he actually dedicated himself offensively.

But he won’t and never will. Plus he’s a massive douche.

That’s a nice way of saying that I don’t want him and why most teams around the league don’t want him.
Or maybe he just isnt good at the things some people want him to be good at and he just needs to be on a team that let's him play his game?

He's an incredible offensive and defensive player.

You know Lopo is just being a difficult douchebag when he acts like Harris is untradeable when this man has made over 1000 terrible trade ideas in the trade machine.