What's new

Trade for Ben Simmons

Which means he was either:
-Scared of the Gallinari blocking his shot (?)
-Scared of going to the foul line

Probably figured why get blocked or fouled when Thybulle has an easier shot. I don’t know what Simmons was thinking.

So weird to harp on one play though. What was going through Rudy’s mind when he stood and looked at Mann for 3 seconds and not even contesting one of his threes? Nobody is talking about that.

Probably figured why get blocked or fouled when Thybulle has an easier shot. I don’t know what Simmons was thinking.

So weird to harp on one play though. What was going through Rudy’s mind when he stood and looked at Mann for 3 seconds and not even contesting one of his threes? Nobody is talking about that.
Lmao.

There seems to be plenty of conversation about how playing Rudy while the Jazz were getting barraged was at the heart of the problem. Hard to choose *A* play when they give up EIGHTY ONE POINTS in the second half. So I disagree with the premise.

Secondly, Simmons' shot (or lack thereof) in question was to tie the game and a bunny in a low-scoring game.

Lastly, I'm not sure the relevance of comparing Gobert to Simmons here.

There seems to be plenty of conversation about how playing Rudy while the Jazz were getting barraged was at the heart of the problem. Hard to choose *A* play when they give up EIGHTY ONE POINTS in the second half. So I disagree with the premise.

Secondly, Simmons' shot (or lack thereof) in question was to tie the game and a bunny in a low-scoring game.

You’re right. I digress. Trading for Simmons isn’t happening so no real need to talk about it anymore.

We did talk about that. A lot. Threads were started to discuss trading Rudy because of that.

This thread is specifically about Simmons. Why would anyone randomly bring up Rudy in a thread about Simmons?

Oh yeah, straw man. Carry on.

You beat me to it.

We did talk about that. A lot. Threads were started to discuss trading Rudy because of that.

This thread is specifically about Simmons. Why would anyone randomly bring up Rudy in a thread about Simmons?

Oh yeah, straw man. Carry on.

Definitely grasping at straws lol. Made more sense in my head.

Get it done. Resume speaks for its self. Unfairly took all the blame for the 76ers playoff woes. Gives the Jazz everything they are missing. Defense, offense, rebounding, ball handling, basketball IQ, passing, additional star power. Will be out to make a lot of people look silly, deep down the 76ers know this!

Do folks think we have an offer that interests the Sixers?

I'm curious, cause I don't know. Does an offer around Conley catch their attention?

I'd love this trade. Not sure what gets it done though... not sure if salaries match but Conley/Bogey/Filler for Simmons/Harris? Is that even possible?

Do folks think we have an offer that interests the Sixers?

I'm curious, cause I don't know. Does an offer around Conley catch their attention?
I think Conley would interest them and it should. But I think they are pretty set on waiting this year out and pursuing a much bigger trade unless someone blows their doors off. Which Conley isnt going to do. I think they want Harden and think the off season is a better time to make a big trade. I am not a Simmons fan but I think its worth the risk if they were interested. Try to pry Thybulle away as well.

Trade Conley, Clarkson, Azubuike, and Hughes for Simmons, Green, and Thybulle. We can throw in some picks as well and could also swing players to different teams and make it a multi team deal.

Conley & Bogey for Simmons and Thybulle works. 76ers may not give up both due to what Thybulle gives the defensively. But Conley and Bogey can help Embid win now while he is in his prime. Don't think they will get too many better offers.

I think Conley would interest them and it should. But I think they are pretty set on waiting this year out and pursuing a much bigger trade unless someone blows their doors off. Which Conley isnt going to do. I think they want Harden and think the off season is a better time to make a big trade. I am not a Simmons fan but I think its worth the risk if they were interested. Try to pry Thybulle away as well.

Trade Conley, Clarkson, Azubuike, and Hughes for Simmons, Green, and Thybulle. We can throw in some picks as well and could also swing players to different teams and make it a multi team deal.
Anything less than Conley and Bogey wont get it done. It is a massive risk but the reward is even bigger. From my fellow aussie spies, Ben has been putting his time away from the game to good use, working on things he needed to. Hearing there is lots of fire in his belly. This is an all chips in type move.

Anything less than Conley and Bogey wont get it done. It is a massive risk but the reward is even bigger. From my fellow aussie spies, Ben has been putting his time away from the game to good use, working on things he needed to. Hearing there is lots of fire in his belly. This is an all chips in type move.
Swap pretty much anyone but Mitchell and Gobert and its still all good. I prefer to keep Bogey, but if they prefer him over Clarkson then no problem. But I still think there is no chance with our package to land him before the trade deadline.