What's new

Trade for Ben Simmons

He had a good game against us this year. Not sure what's going on with him, tbh. But he's not worth that contract.

When he can get downhill with a clear lane is when he's best. He needs 4 shooters for it to work but not sure how great that defense would be over a long stretch or come playoffs

This in
Ben is one of the most epic playoff chokers who has a game that is ill suited for the post season and a mental game that might make the even the most skilled guy irrelevant. Sixers should have moved on last season... now they have to hope to find a deal with a bottom feeder or hope his value recovers as the regular season progresses next year... hope everyone forgets about the playoffs. Also Ben is the best thing to happen to Rudy...
This in spades.

It was actually awe-inspiring in it's historic suckitude. Boggles the mind.

He had a good game against us this year. Not sure what's going on with him, tbh. But he's not worth that contract.

We have no one who can guard big dynamic wings so no one could stay in front of him. I believe we won that game though.

I know our critical thinking and ideas are too much for you. You’re content with being mediocre and having the 2nd round as our peak.

You are the same person who thought Rudy played a great Game 6 lmao.
Never said Rudy played well. All I said was that the all the 3's Clippers got on game 6 were not Rudy solely fault, but the scheme we decided to play due to lack of perimeter defense. But yeah, I think our best chances are to keep DM and Gobert for the next couple of years and try to retool to cover our evident flaws and you think we should go for Ben Simmons.

If we traded for him, I would put Ben Simmons as the point guard.

Ben Simmons
Donovan Mitchell
Bojan
Royce O'Neale
Gobert

Then I would have him become the backup center when Rudy takes a rest. I would alternate between Ben and Rudy at the center spot.

Never said Rudy played well. All I said was that the all the 3's Clippers got on game 6 were not Rudy solely fault, but the scheme we decided to play due to lack of perimeter defense. But yeah, I think our best chances are to keep DM and Gobert for the next couple of years and try to retool to cover our evident flaws and you think we should go for Ben Simmons.

Our ceiling is capped with Rudy eating 1/3 of our cap my guy. You said perimeter defense was our problem and Simmons is the best perimeter defender in the league. Critical thinking is not something you do a lot I take it.

Stay in your lane.

Our ceiling is capped with Rudy eating 1/3 of our cap my guy. You said perimeter defense was our problem and Simmons is the best perimeter defender in the league. Critical thinking is not something you do a lot I take it.

Stay in your lane.
Let's use the critical thinking

Pros:
1) Best perimeter defense in the league. Switchable 1-5
2) Has the size to be the perfect backcourt with Mitchell, helping with rebounds on both sides of the court.
3) If we get to keep Rudy to attain him, I can see him throwing a lot of good lobs for easy 2's.
Cons:
1) How does his 30M/year contract doesn't hurt us?
2) Can't close games. Hac-a-Simmons is a thing.
3) Destroys our spacing. If you think our spacing was bad with Rubio, that will be a whole new level.
4) This is probably the most important. Mental Fortitude, we have a team of soft/unconfident players. Rudy is soft, Royce is afraid to shoot, Ingles disapears for key stretches, Bojan can't box out when it matters. Mitchell is the only one that seems ready for the moment. Simmons will not fix it, we might actually be worst on menta fortitude with him.
5) I don't care so much about it, but the guy is too arrogant. That could be a locker room problem.
6) To acquire Simmons we'd either need to get rid of Rudy or Bojan & Clarkson and in both cases that's too much of a gap to address with the remaining assets/cap space.

I see your frustration as all of us are equally frustrated. But looking pros and cons do you still think Simmons is the answer? I say no.

Ball is a better idea. He wouldn't be the best defender, but itens 2 and 3 checks(although he is way shorter than Ben, he is a better passer). It would also mean we would add at least 1 decent perimeter defender.

Let's use the critical thinking

Pros:
1) Best perimeter defense in the league. Switchable 1-5
2) Has the size to be the perfect backcourt with Mitchell, helping with rebounds on both sides of the court.
3) If we get to keep Rudy to attain him, I can see him throwing a lot of good lobs for easy 2's.
Cons:
1) How does his 30M/year contract doesn't hurt us?
2) Can't close games. Hac-a-Simmons is a thing.
3) Destroys our spacing. If you think our spacing was bad with Rubio, that will be a whole new level.
4) This is probably the most important. Mental Fortitude, we have a team of soft/unconfident players. Rudy is soft, Royce is afraid to shoot, Ingles disapears for key stretches, Bojan can't box out when it matters. Mitchell is the only one that seems ready for the moment. Simmons will not fix it, we might actually be worst on menta fortitude with him.
5) I don't care so much about it, but the guy is too arrogant. That could be a locker room problem.
6) To acquire Simmons we'd either need to get rid of Rudy or Bojan & Clarkson and in both cases that's too much of a gap to address with the remaining assets/cap space.

I see your frustration as all of us are equally frustrated. But looking pros and cons do you still think Simmons is the answer? I say no.

Ball is a better idea. He wouldn't be the best defender, but itens 2 and 3 checks(although he is way shorter than Ben, he is a better passer). It would also mean we would add at least 1 decent perimeter defender.

You could move Clarkson/Royce/Ingles for Simmons and keep Bogey for spacing.

It is not happening but it’s an interesting idea. I’m all in on Ball but not sure how realistic that is. He’d be my #1 realistic option. He fits Donovan’s timeline too.

Stay in your lane.
Perimeter defense without rim protection would be fun. They force a switch and attack one of Clarkson, Mitchell, Ingles or Bogey while Simmons is stuck in the corner like when Kyrie, Kawhi, Trae dropped 40+ and Simmons was guarding some bum.

You need at least 4 plus defenders if you want to switch. Jazz have Royce and Rudy.

Simmons' historically bad shooting means he HAS to be surrounded by players that at least CAN shoot. Having both Simmons and Gobert (again, with their salaries and egos) is an absolute non-starter.

This only begins to make sense if the Jazz trade Gobert and overpay for Serge Ibaka or some ****.

Simmons' historically bad shooting means he HAS to be surrounded by players that at least CAN shoot. Having both Simmons and Gobert (again, with their salaries and egos) is an absolute non-starter.

This only begins to make sense if the Jazz trade Gobert and overpay for Serge Ibaka or some ****.
This is spot on. And Simmons had the best possible scenario given this fact, right there in Philly. And look where it ended up. He had arguably the best center in the league, at least 2nd best, maybe the best shooter from 3 at the center position, but when the moment came, Simmons fell apart.

Why in the everloving ****ity **** would we want a choke artist of that epic level on our team?

He passed up a ****ing dunk, at 6'8"! Bogey, Ingles, hell even Niang would have thrown that ****er down!

Just say **** the ****ing **** no to Simmons.

Can we close this travesty against the NBA and this treason against the Jazz thread now please?

Lol Simmons and Gobert defensively would be crazy good but offensively yikes. I don’t think Simmons is broken I think Quin could get the best out of him. If we could upgrade Royce and bring him off the bench somehow that would help.

Mitchell
Upgrade
Bogdanovic
Simmons
Gobert

Royce as 6th man

Does this make us better? I don’t know but it could.

This is spot on. And Simmons had the best possible scenario given this fact, right there in Philly. And look where it ended up. He had arguably the best center in the league, at least 2nd best, maybe the best shooter from 3 at the center position, but when the moment came, Simmons fell apart.

Why in the everloving ****ity **** would we want a choke artist of that epic level on our team?

He passed up a ****ing dunk, at 6'8"! Bogey, Ingles, hell even Niang would have thrown that ****er down!

Just say **** the ****ing **** no to Simmons.

Can we close this travesty against the NBA and this treason against the Jazz thread now please?

You are giving way too much credit to Ingles and Niang athleticism wise lol.

You are giving way too much credit to Ingles and Niang athleticism wise lol.
lol

Did you watch that play at all? We've seen both Ingles and niang throw down dunks this season with less space than Simmons had on that play.

lol

It's not as much the 3pt shooting but the fact that he won't attack the spaces either.

Jazz aren't playing static like Philly does with Embiid. Gobert is highly mobile, setting screens, moving around and that creates spaces for our players. Simmons in theory, could attack the spaces and keep the ball moving. He is a nifty passer with great vision and is able to pressure the rim. If he has any chemistry with Rudy on PnRs, having 2 guys going at the rim isn't necessarily bad thing. Plus the defense would be suffocating.

But this is all in theory. Simmons is stubborn as hell and has already made up his mind in how he wants to play. But then again, this failure could also be a catalyst and open him up to a new coach.

It's not as much the 3pt shooting but the fact that he won't attack the spaces either.

Jazz aren't playing static like Philly does with Embiid. Gobert is highly mobile, setting screens, moving around and that creates spaces for our players. Simmons in theory, could attack the spaces and keep the ball moving. He is a nifty passer with great vision and is able to pressure the rim. If he has any chemistry with Rudy on PnRs, having 2 guys going at the rim isn't necessarily bad thing. Plus the defense would be suffocating.

But this is all in theory. Simmons is stubborn as hell and has already made up his mind in how he wants to play. But then again, this failure could also be a catalyst and open him up to a new coach.

Spot on.

lol

Did you watch that play at all? We've seen both Ingles and niang throw down dunks this season with less space than Simmons had on that play.

lol

Simmons said he thought Gallinari was going to come over his back.

Simmons is closer to being a role player than being a star, and the media anointed him a superstar in his second rookie season. On the bright side, he didn’t miss a single shot in the series in the 4th quarter.