What's new

Trade for Ben Simmons

"Sag off him and pack the paint". Imagine that concept in Quins offense. DM and our outside shooters(if we still have Inlges, Bojan, or Clarkson) would make a living off of that. Teams would not be able to pack the paint and in return Ben could penetrate and get to his spots and dish out assist or get an easy 2.

Oh you thought I said sag off everyone.
No I said sag off him. Pack the paint with his guy plus our big that's already in the paint.

I'd sag off Ben so he can't penetrate. If he can't penetrate then he has nothing. If does end up penetrating still then foul him lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Those three would only be 95M of cap and we’d be close to the 136M luxury tax with everyone else. It’s not that hard to fathom. Just think of combining Clarkson/Royce/Ingles into one salary.

If you believe in Simmons you have those three locked up for 3-4 years and you go for it.
“Believe” is really an interesting word to use here. I mean, it’s almost the kind of scenario where you need to ignore the fact that there’s no EVIDENCE that Simmons can help you win the most important games, and just say “**** it, I believe there is a humanoid-like creator of the universe... I believe there’s a heaven and a hell... why not believe that Ben Simmons plays winning basketball?”

I would have concerns matching up with Milwaukee, the Lakers and Denver though.

Also Memphis, suns, Portland, golden state, sixers...... There are still quite a few more teams that use a traditional big than teams than don't. Hell, even if we got Simmons so we could match up with the clippers small ball they could always flip the script and go back to using zubac, cousins, ibaka.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Ben is one of the most epic playoff chokers who has a game that is ill suited for the post season and a mental game that might make the even the most skilled guy irrelevant. Sixers should have moved on last season... now they have to hope to find a deal with a bottom feeder or hope his value recovers as the regular season progresses next year... hope everyone forgets about the playoffs. Also Ben is the best thing to happen to Rudy...

Simmons playing the 5 would be pretty crazy with shooters.
And this is basically what I'm proposing.

But yeah, advocating trading for Ben Simmons is a sign of how nuts this place has gotten but Jesus ****ing Christ, games 5 and 6 were back-breakingly and mind-shatteringly terrible. Every team left (assuming we beat the Clippers, obviously) play traditional centers and don't scare me.

Last edited:
If Ben Simmons at the 5 was so viable and elite, why don't the Sixers stagger Simmons/Embiid and not play Howard?

If Ben Simmons at the 5 was so viable and elite, why don't the Sixers stagger Simmons/Embiid and not play Howard?
He is not a rim protector. He is really a good perimeter defender but his size doesn’t translate in the paint.

Ben at the 5 should be an elite roll man but then you need an initiator and shooting around it... I think it would be an offense only strategy and not sure it’s better than going 5 out with a solid but not amazing 5 like Kelly Olynyk.

I listen to The Rights to Ricky Sanchez guys a lot because they are funny and just hilarious when bad things happen to the sixers. They are so frustrated with his limitations... he needs to go to a team that has sucked and explore the space a bit. I don’t think he’s a guy you want on a team trying to win a title. Either a lotto team or a team that hasn’t made the playoffs forever. Like maybe Minny or like Sacramento can build something where he can maximize his abilities.

He had been defending him all year and was asked if Ben could be a playoff quality point guard Doc said "I don't know."
Cuz Doc knows either he goes under the bus or Ben does. Joel killed him too.

I think Doc was there before Morey... guessing there will be a change there this year or next.

He had been defending him all year and was asked if Ben could be a playoff quality point guard Doc said "I don't know."
He also asked if Ben would be their PG going forward, and he also said he didn't know. Ouch.

I don't think Ben is the answer. If he would be more dominant on offense and could get to 70% from the FT line, maybe. He is an excellent defender, but too much of a liability on offense, especially when you imagine Ben and Gobert on the court at the same time.

I think Simmons could be gotten cheap, his salary and what we'd have to move to make a trade work is the problem.

His value will never be lower. We should call Philadelphia as soon as possible.

Bogdanovic/Clarkson/30 for Simmons

Maybe Conley wants to go there and we keep pick 30 in the deal by adding Conley.

Simmons fits our timeline and he is a great defender. I know he isn’t a favorite around here but it’s definitely worth exploring.
I am ill just reading this. Are you out of your mind?