What's new

Trade for Ben Simmons

I think Ben Simmons would actually look pretty good on our team in Oni's role. Would we have to pay his salary or could Philly loan him to us like they do in soccer?

I think Ben Simmons would actually look pretty good on our team in Oni's role. Would we have to pay his salary or could Philly loan him to us like they do in soccer?
Agreed. Ben would look great sitting on the bench for the entirety of 90% of our games and playing like 6 minutes in the other 10%.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

On paper, offensively Ben Simmons running the pick and roll as ball handler from the 5 spot, either being guarded by the 5 man who most likely can’t guard him and having 4 40% shooters surrounding, or being guarded by someone smaller and just crashing to the rim every time… seems really tantalizing (if he could realize the potential). Easy to forget how he annihilated us in SLC without Embiid but that’s exactly what happened.

I don’t get hung up on the doucheyness as much. I think he fronts a lot for sure and I think he could be a beast if pushed in the right direction. A lot of “ifs” there but it’s not everyday a multi time all star becomes available for possibly pennies on the dollar so it’s not the craziest idea in the world.

On paper, offensively Ben Simmons running the pick and roll as ball handler from the 5 spot, either being guarded by the 5 man who most likely can’t guard him and having 4 40% shooters surrounding, or being guarded by someone smaller and just crashing to the rim every time… seems really tantalizing (if he could realize the potential). Easy to forget how he annihilated us in SLC without Embiid but that’s exactly what happened.

I don’t get hung up on the doucheyness as much. I think he fronts a lot for sure and I think he could be a beast if pushed in the right direction. A lot of “ifs” there but it’s not everyday a multi time all star becomes available for possibly pennies on the dollar so it’s not the craziest idea in the world.
He should be viewed as a something like a poor(broke?)-man's Giannis, and would benefit from a roster built along similar principles.
As to who the next Brook Lopez is that falls out of the sky is a real question, but that's what you look for.

I'd go for him as a 4 who could be an elite passer in the short roll (draymond's role on offense). But our fanbase seems to hate him, so it seems unlikely.

Simmons would be just another case of system overkill. We need players who can contribute both offensively and defensively. Not just playing one side of the ball game while hurting us on the other end.

I thank God LoPo and White Chocolate are not part of Jazz FO.

I know our critical thinking and ideas are too much for you. You’re content with being mediocre and having the 2nd round as our peak.

You are the same person who thought Rudy played a great Game 6 lmao.

He had a good game against us this year. Not sure what's going on with him, tbh. But he's not worth that contract.