What's new

Trade for Goran Dragic?

Doublea

Would you trade Enes Kanter and Jeremy Evans for Goran Dragic?

Why Utah does it: The Jazz really need a better starting point guard if they want to be relevant. Dante Exum isn't ready for this role yet and Dragic could be a good vet for him. Alec Burks has is out for the season which leaves the wings a little shallow. This will give the Jazz better depth and a better starting lineup that might even help the development of our other young guys. This could also give Gobert more minutes with the possibility of starting. This new starting line up would greatly improve the Jazz's defense which is the main weakness of this team.

Why Pheonix does it: pheonix just signed Bledsoe to a hefty new contract and also signed Thomas this last off season. These three point guards haven't necessarily worked out to well together. Kanter would give them much needed rebounding on their team. Coach Hornacek knows Kanter and Evans very well and would probably be able to utilize them for the Suns. This allows the Suns to figure out what mix of point guards they want to keep and not losing Dragic for nothing.

Overall I think this would be a great trade. I think Dragic would need to agree to sign a new contract at the end of the season. Something like 3 years 35 million. What do you guys think?

Dragic is unrestricted free agent in the summer. Why would we do it unless we have some sort of assurance he will resign?

Suns should and probably will give him the max next year. I doubt they want to give their best player for a 3rd or 4th best player on a losing team and a scrub.

Last edited:
Suns should and probably will give him the max next year. I doubt they want to give their best player for a 3rd or 4th best player and a scrub.

From what I've heard is that they probably aren't likely to keep both Bledsoe and Dragic, mainly because it doesn't seem to be working out to well. They could try trading Thomas as well. The Suns are in a bad spot though. They wanted to rebuild but we're surprised that they were a lot better. They have good young players that need to be developed and possible a high pick from the Lakers. I would through in GS 2017 pick and some second rounders in this deal as well.

I think he laughs at 3 years 35 million! More like, 4 years 60 million is what I think he's getting!

Jeremy Evans is useless.
We love him. He's a great guy but as a ball player he's a 12th man at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'd want Favors. Dragic is all-star caliber, and they like him the most of all ther PG's. They do, however, need rim protection.

I'd considerFavors and Trey for Dragic, Green, and/or Warren.

We have Rudy, and lineups with he and Favors would require Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver, and Steph Curry on our team to be effectively spaced on offense. Fat chance we get shooters like that. We can draft a one dimesonl shot blocker to handle bench minutes. They don't have to have Favors' game. Might be a little early to trade Derrick, though, he is still improving. Dragic is real nice, though. Would be a great mentor for Dante.

I am in the camp that we still don't know enough about Enes, and no other team is high enough on him, to give us something in return that comes close to his potential. Definitely wouldn't fetch us Dragic.

I don't think he'd sign with us for that money. He will probably want close to max.

That's probaby true. I was thinking it gives him better flexibility though and his contract would be up when we are looking to extend Exum.

They'd want Favors. Dragic is all-star caliber, and they like him the most of all ther PG's. They do, however, need rim protection.

I'd considerFavors and Trey for Dragic, Green, and/or Warren.

We have Rudy, and lineups with he and Favors would require Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver, and Steph Curry on our team to be effectively spaced on offense. Fat chance we get shooters like that. We can draft a one dimesonl shot blocker to handle bench minutes. They don't have to have Favors' game. Might be a little early to trade Derrick, though, he is still improving. Dragic is real nice, though. Would be a great mentor for Dante.

I am in the camp that we still don't know enough about Enes, and no other team is high enough on him, to give us something in return that comes close to his potential. Definitely wouldn't fetch us Dragic.

Hmm. Interesting with trading Favors. I wouldn't want to do it, but I wouldn't be mad with the deal. I think we need to get some proven players that still of potential for our assets soon.

Don't think Phoenix would do it for Enes and never trade big for small. Case in point, I think Utah is winning the DWill-Favors trade.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Intrigued with the Favors and Trey for Dragic and Green. Would need to have Dragic to sign an extension though!

Enes and Jeremy dont fit into Hornaceks system. You would have to include a draft pick plus a win now piece as well.

When a team trades for a UFA they usually get an agreement for the player to sign at the end of the season. Like Love and Rondo.

What agreement? Those guys just said they would be "open" to re-signing. There is no legal agreement to re-sign.

What agreement? Those guys just said they would be "open" to re-signing. There is no legal agreement to re-sign.

Which practically means they will sign there unless the team is dysfunctional.