What's new

Trade ideas for teh lolz

Or how about we get a little crazy....

Golden State gets Rudy and Ed Davis
Detroit gets Wiggins and Bradley
Utah gets Blake Griffin, #2, and Doumbouya

Golden State probably wouldn't trade us Green for Gobert straight up. Green is a massive part of their identity and he fits with Klay and Steph. Rudy also fits with them as a screener and rim protector.

Detroit has zero identity. Wiggins isn't perfect, but he's cheaper, much younger, and much easier to market to Detroit fans than Blake Griffin. Maybe if he's the complete offensive focal point (not overshadowed by Towns or the GS guys), maybe he becomes some version of James Harden?

We get a player for now (Blake), player for the future (Doumbouya) and the #2 pick which could be useful for both.

Or how about we get a little crazy....

Golden State gets Rudy and Ed Davis
Detroit gets Wiggins and Bradley
Utah gets Blake Griffin, #2, and Doumbouya

Golden State probably wouldn't trade us Green for Gobert straight up. Green is a massive part of their identity and he fits with Klay and Steph. Rudy also fits with them as a screener and rim protector.

Detroit has zero identity. Wiggins isn't perfect, but he's cheaper, much younger, and much easier to market to Detroit fans than Blake Griffin. Maybe if he's the complete offensive focal point (not overshadowed by Towns or the GS guys), maybe he becomes some version of James Harden?

We get a player for now (Blake), player for the future (Doumbouya) and the #2 pick which could be useful for both.

You could, but then Blake Griffin breaks another bone, the #2 doesn’t provide a large impact for a few years, and the third guy is low key enough that we don’t even half to address it. Considering this is a very real scenario if we did this trade, we’d be in the running with last years Timberwolves or suns. Maybe 30-35 wins. Maybe...

You could, but then Blake Griffin breaks another bone, the #2 doesn’t provide a large impact for a few years, and the third guy is low key enough that we don’t even half to address it. Considering this is a very real scenario if we did this trade, we’d be in the running with last years Timberwolves or suns. Maybe 30-35 wins. Maybe...
That's why I wouldn't touch Rudy right now. Over half of our players in the rotation wouldn't be in this league without Rudy's helping defense. Keep Rudy and trade Conley to Detroit for Griffin and Doumbouya. Give them another expiring like Ed to balance the deal. They will happily go into rebuild with massive cap space in 2021

Sure, if Griffin is hurt, #2 is a flop, and Doumbouya doesn't help at all, sure its a bad trade. I think Griffin has sat so much the last couple years because there is absolutely nothing to play for.

Gobert is a great player, but how much more does he have left at a high level? What does he expect in his next contract? Does he really compliment our main star that well on and off the court?

I would like to keep Rudy, but I'm afraid of the next contract. If he doesn't dominate the playoffs at 28, why would we expect him to at 29, 30, 31...

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

That's why I wouldn't touch Rudy right now. Over half of our players in the rotation wouldn't be in this league without Rudy's helping defense. Keep Rudy and trade Conley to Detroit for Griffin and Doumbouya. Give them another expiring like Ed to balance the deal. They will happily go into rebuild with massive cap space in 2021
I like this trade best too. Bradley and Conley for Blake and Doumbouya.

Then trade Ed Davis in a three team deal:
Portland gets Ed Davis
Jazz get Ntilikina
Knicks get Hezonja, minor draft assets from Jazz

Re-sign Clarkson

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I think we overpaid Royce. He is just a role player
A role player who also happens to be our only 3nD type. He is just as irreplaceable as DM and Rudy. You don't get starting caliber 3nD without paying the big bucks unless you draft and develop one yourself.

I wish we had advanced to the second round. This forum would not be so full of topics about trades that are never going to happen.
We'll be running back the same team.

You really wrote this.

Yep. He is our only 3nD type wing on this current roster with a passable perimeter D. You can't sub his minutes with Niang, Clarkson, Bojan or Ingles. Unless you wanna drain DM once more and put him on Murray, then you saw what happened.

No Green. If people think Rudy is already on the downside of his career, wait until you see that Green's a few switchbacks further down the backside of the mountain than that. And his momentum is only accelerating because he's getting heavier and heavier.

Yep. He is our only 3nD type wing on this current roster with a passable perimeter D. You can't sub his minutes with Niang, Clarkson, Bojan or Ingles. Unless you wanna drain DM once more and put him on Murray, then you saw what happened.
He's overrated on defense, but he does hustle. You also can't call him a 3 player if he won't shoot wide open three's in the playoffs. He passed up so many that his teammates saw an open man and went to pass the ball but realized who it was and had to adjust because it's a waste to pass to him. The only reason guys pass the ball to him is to restart their dribble or try to get a defender switch. He's a nice role player but easily replaced.

Last edited:
Royce should be working on dribbling a half hour every day, shooting about 100 free throws, and 500 threes. We need him to become more comfortable from deep, shooting 5-6x a game.

Royce is overrated and we overpaid

I posted this after Game 2:

Comparable players to O'Neale (starter/borderline starter in their mid-twenties non-centers not on an expiring or rookie contract)

Rodney Hood - $6+
Dennis Shroeder - $15.5
Evan Fournier - $17
Cedi Osman - $8
Dante Exum - $9.6
Larry Nance - $11
Jerami Grant - $9.4
Will Barton - $13+
Tony Snell - $11.4+
Josh Richardson - $10+
Kyle Anderson - $9+
Justise Winslow - $13+
Taurean Prince - $14+
Caris LaVert - $16.2+
Dinwiddie - $11.4+
Caldwell-Pope - $8+
Trey Lyles - $5.5
Norman Powell - $10.1+
Delon Wright - $9
Marcus Smart - $12.5+
Cory Joseph - $12+
Jabari Parker - $6.5
Jeremy Lamb - $10.5
TJ Warren - $10.8+
Bobby Portis - $15+
Julius Randle - $18.9+
Elfrid Payton - $8

As a starter at 26, I think he's in company with these guys. These are all starters or heavy rotation types, but not stars on their team. There are a couple really good deals in there, but there are also some really bad ones. He's a better perimeter defender than almost every guy on that list and he's the best perimeter defender on our team. Gotta pay for those guys.

Overall, I think Royce got a very fair deal and not a deal worth complaining about.

I posted this after Game 2:

Comparable players to O'Neale (starter/borderline starter in their mid-twenties non-centers not on an expiring or rookie contract)

Rodney Hood - $6+
Dennis Shroeder - $15.5
Evan Fournier - $17
Cedi Osman - $8
Dante Exum - $9.6
Larry Nance - $11
Jerami Grant - $9.4
Will Barton - $13+
Tony Snell - $11.4+
Josh Richardson - $10+
Kyle Anderson - $9+
Justise Winslow - $13+
Taurean Prince - $14+
Caris LaVert - $16.2+
Dinwiddie - $11.4+
Caldwell-Pope - $8+
Trey Lyles - $5.5
Norman Powell - $10.1+
Delon Wright - $9
Marcus Smart - $12.5+
Cory Joseph - $12+
Jabari Parker - $6.5
Jeremy Lamb - $10.5
TJ Warren - $10.8+
Bobby Portis - $15+
Julius Randle - $18.9+
Elfrid Payton - $8

As a starter at 26, I think he's in company with these guys. These are all starters or heavy rotation types, but not stars on their team. There are a couple really good deals in there, but there are also some really bad ones. He's a better perimeter defender than almost every guy on that list and he's the best perimeter defender on our team. Gotta pay for those guys.

Overall, I think Royce got a very fair deal and not a deal worth complaining about.

With all respect to Royce was his d potent against Murray ? Did he get **** scared to shoot the 3 yes?! Why did we pay him so much ? Did he let off after the extension ? Yes

Okay. So a 3nD wing with decent defense is as hard to find as a guy who can get 50 in playoff games? Or a two time DPOY?

With all respect to Royce was his d potent against Murray ? Did he get **** scared to shoot the 3 yes?! Why did we pay him so much ? Did he let off after the extension ? Yes
Well there was G2 and G3 in which he limited Murray to less than 20 pts. But I get what you at sayin. That's why I said he had a “passable” perimeter defense, not great, not good, but “passable”.