What's new

Trade ideas

Indiana is another oft mentioned spot for Siakham
Siakam is a poor shooter and has lost a step significantly. Indiana needs a shooting big who can also run at Haliburton's pace like Lauri, Porzingis or Collins.

Siakam fits a team like NOLA, Warriors or Phoenix that does plenty of iso and needs someone who can do a bit of everything to add different elements to their game.

Danny’s got to do something with our guard situation. I’d be surprised if we still have Clarkson and THT after Feb 8th.

Siakam is a poor shooter and has lost a step significantly. Indiana needs a shooting big who can also run at Haliburton's pace like Lauri, Porzingis or Collins.

Siakam fits a team like NOLA, Warriors or Phoenix that does plenty of iso and needs someone who can do a bit of everything to add different elements to their game.
I doubt that they would do it, but would Toronto trade Siakam to the Jazz for a package around Collins? Say, Collins, THT, and some draft considerations? One man's trash is another man's treasure trade? If no one else is interested then at least our "versatile big" can shoot threes. Tee hee. THT is expiring so they can restart... right? Surely we have something they want outside of Lauri and our youth...

Yeah, probably not. Still...

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ympdmjyb

Perhaps a little more realistic but hardly...

Jordan Clarkson and Kelly Olynk for Siakam.... but then again they are both rather redundant players. Kelly is someone they want in Canada I guess. Now I just sound desparate. Collins doesn't fit here. Clarkson is a great contract and great talent but we are not his home methinks. Siakam feels like he is on the island of misfit toys now and I like the idea of Siakam next to Lauri. Perhaps it is a lateral move and he doesn't bring any more than Collins, but it just sounds cool.

Jordan Clarkson and Kelly Olynk for Siakam.... but then again they are both rather redundant players. Kelly is someone they want in Canada I guess. Now I just sound desparate. Collins doesn't fit here. Clarkson is a great contract and great talent but we are not his home methinks. Siakam feels like he is on the island of misfit toys now and I like the idea of Siakam next to Lauri. Perhaps it is a lateral move and he doesn't bring any more than Collins, but it just sounds cool.
Siakim is a worse fit than Collins

There’d be some picks in there. I just don’t think you get a guy that can be an unrestricted FA

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You also have to play Siakim more than you have to play Collins.
Oh now we care about the cap? I’m not saying go get him but comparing him to Collins is dumb. He’s sooooo much better than him it’s not funny.