What's new

Trade Mitchell (Include Clarkson)

I’ve had absolutely no heart for this team this year. Earlier on, I was wondering if I was just being a bitch.... turns out I was just a reflection of the team.

I said this several games ago: it looks like a squad that needs to be shaken up with a trade.
It’s hard for the team to have heart when the “leader” of the team has no investment in wanting to be here or connection to a point he really wants to win here. He wanted his pay day before. He has no passion or want to play for this community/fanbase like someone such as Dame or Giannis, and you can see it manifest with how little he cares night in and night out anymore. Others care more when #1 cares more.

Some kind of trade has been long overdue and the Jazz probably missed their chance to do so this summer.

The offense as a whole is not the problem. This team still ha the best offense in the league despite Mitchell and Clarkson chucking everything, but their chucking is still a problem on its own.

It sounds great to have an over abundance of offense firepower. If one guy is having an off night the others step up and maybe the struggling player can put more effort in other areas on the court. You get more system baskets because off all the different weapons available.

But that’s not how it works in practice. What really happens is that guys need their shots first, easy baskets second. Whether Mitchell and JC are off or on, their shot attempts are first priority. They have to have them no matter how low quality their looks are. Our hyper efficient role players are the one’s who get squeezed out, and overall defensive and rebounding effort is chalked because everyone is angry that they don’t get to touch the ball.

This problem was easy to see coming. It’s been this way for years. I wasn’t sure coming into the season who would be better, Bogey or Clarkson, but that is a laughable comparison right now. Truth is we should have traded JC when his value was peaked this summer.

Bring in the Pied Piper of Brooklyn!

Let's be realistic here, D.M.'s trade value isn't at an all time high. How many teams out there would be willing to trade one of their best players for an undersized and largely unproven combo guard? There's still one trade option out there that could benefit both parties in untold and perhaps unanticipated ways and that involves Uncle "No Vaccine Mandates" Drew. Sure we'd be taking in an expiring contract and sure Kyrie would likely bolt, but think of all the positive P.R. it would do in terms of destination desirability for future free agents etc. He goes to Brooklyn and look at all the thoroughbreds that followed him. That franchise was on the ropes and he changed the whole culture or should I say brand perception.

But why give up our star who we have on contract for the next four years. Grow up people, the minute he starts really flowing (not sure in what universe that actually happens) he'll demand a trade to, you guessed it, New York! Anyway hear me out on this, I say we give up Mitchell, Azubuike and the D. Favors exception for Irving, Nic Claxton and Summer League MVP, Cam Thomas. Have you guys seen this kid Thomas? Actually plays a lot like Mitchell only taller and from what I've seen more clutch. I mean we could do the trade differently and include Clarkson or Ingles instead of the trade exception if necessary.

The Jazz need a physical, athletic wing. They have too many finesse players, and they're getting physically overmatched on a regular basis. The refs aren't giving the Jazz the calls they got last year.

Right now, our guards are getting bullied because we're too small and soft defensively. Perimeter players can just get where they want on the floor. One night it's Desmond Bane going off. The next it's Lu Dort.

I wouldn't trade Mitchell though. I'd trade Conley or bring him off the bench before I trade Mitchell.

Last edited:
The Jazz need a physical, athletic wing. They have too many finesse players, and they're getting physically overmatched on a regular basis. The refs aren't giving the Jazz the calls they got last year.

Right now, our guards are getting bullied because we're too small and soft defensively. Perimeter players can just get where they want on the floor. One night it's Desmond Bane going off. The next it's Lu Dort.

I wouldn't trade Mitchell though. I'd trade Conley or bring him off the bench before I trade Mitchell.
Or a big point guard/playmaker. They missed Rudy wide open down there so many times it's criminal. And Jingles regression this year doesn't help the case either.
JC/DM/Conley backcourt combo is definitely not gonna get the job done this year. Their size limitation is being figured out and exploited on nightly basis. Rule change on the whistle is a big factor and also we relied too much on our shooting and the fact that they changed the game ball this year meaning its becoming more likely than not for our shooters to have off nights. Our roster just isn't built to win ball games with low field goal percentage.

Last edited:
At this point I would take Lonzo Ball over JC on any day of the week but unfortunately I'm afraid the ship has sailed on this one. The perfect time would be to sell high on him last season.

I’ve had absolutely no heart for this team this year. Earlier on, I was wondering if I was just being a bitch.... turns out I was just a reflection of the team.

I said this several games ago: it looks like a squad that needs to be shaken up with a trade.
Coming into the season, I wondered if I soured on basketball. Turns out I ****ing enjoy basketball, just not the Jazz anymore.

I basically don't have much hope for this team unless they change how they approach to basketball.

Last year's offense was freaking great, why the **** would any player walk away from it? How many times does Quin need to repeat the same stuff before he quits? Then may be players can really understand that it's their fault and not say stuff like it's on us, we let down Quin or something on repeat.

Don is and has been our best postseason player. Without him, we would have gotten destroyed. He is definitely struggling this year, but scapegoating him is ridiculous.

I think we have too many players who need the ball in their hands and too few of guys like Royce.

I agree with this. There are plenty of scorers and not enough defenders/role players.

I'm not quite there yet with Donovan but I have to admit the selfishness and unwillingness to pass and trust his teammates is getting harder and harder to watch. I would've traded Clarkson long before now as I don't think he will ever be even close to an efficient offensive player and I don't think he can be broken of his selfish play style. This is Donovan and Rudy's 5th season together and if they once again go out in the first or second round then it's probably time to blow the whole thing up and start rebuilding, especially when you look at the ages of most of the rest of our core.

Heroball is what happens late in games and definitely in the playoffs. For as good as our regular season offensive and defensive numbers look, they don't translate in the times that matter most.

Don is and has been our best postseason player. Without him, we would have gotten destroyed. He is definitely struggling this year, but scapegoating him is ridiculous.

I think we have too many players who need the ball in their hands and too few of guys like Royce.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Gotta mention that Crowder is having a good year with phoenix and might just be the type of guy we need on the roster. he still doesn't shoot well but that's ok. you don't really need to shoot well to win ball games.

Anyone that watched those Jazz teams with Crowder, Rubio and Favors in the playoffs would beg to differ.
A lineup featuring Crowder+ rubio+favs. yes, it'd be a recipe for disaster. but just adding Crowder alone to a group of playmakers/shot creators is the perfect roster balancing act, like what the Phoenix is doing right now.

The irony is we had a chance to bring him back last offseason, but DL chose Favs instead, which is why we probably deserve to be watching Crowder helping his team reach back-to-back NBA finals from home.

Last edited:

Right now, our guards are getting bullied because we're too small and soft defensively. Perimeter players can just get where they want on the floor.
Is this post from 3 years ago?

And 2 years ago, and last year, and this week, and next week, and next month, and during the next playoffs, ad nauseum.
Yep. I don't think we can win a title relying so much on 3 small guys who just aren't great defenders. Many have been saying that for a while now. Don, Conley and JC worry me when we lack so much in perimeter defense.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

3 months ago (or was it 3 weeks ago) I was getting crucified for wanting a more athletic/defensive wing. It’s been obvious the whole time.