What's new

Trade Mitchell (Include Clarkson)

3 months ago (or was it 3 weeks ago) I was getting crucified for wanting a more athletic/defensive wing. It’s been obvious the whole time.
No you weren’t. You were being mocked, by me at least, for reinventing the wheel. And for not being more specific while doing so. And for puffing like teh reaaal original. Almost all of your claims had posted in this site for 3+ years. I’ve been solidly in that crowd, fwiw.

The fact that you have this perception (quoted above) is just another reason to lol at you.

If Mitchell won’t play the point he should be traded. He can’t match up defensively and be elite at any position but point guard. I don’t understand what the reluctance is to play that position full time. Conley needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can probably get with the notion that we may need to see what we can get for Clarkson. But trading Donovan or Mike right now is pretty dumb unless you get like 1.50 on the dollar and a player that fits too.

I can probably get with the notion that we may need to see what we can get for Clarkson. But trading Donovan or Mike right now is pretty dumb unless you get like 1.50 on the dollar and a player that fits too.
The problem is the size of the starting backcourt. Mike, Don, and Royce are all small and outside of Don playing his best, they don't make up for their lack of size in other aspects.

Royce is not starting material. Can only hit 3s when wide open, and is not the defender the Jazz try to make him out to be. This years rule changes allowing tighter D with more contact, makes him look even worse.

Mike probably makes the most sense depending on what we can get for him. I like him a lot, but not in a backcourt with Don.

We should trade the guy who has scored 30+ efficiently in the last two playoffs… because he sucked in a few regular season games.
I hate how Donovan plays most of the time. The basis of my continued support is that he legit plays like a superstar in the playoffs and that ability is beyond priceless.

That being said, if this team fizzles out before the WCF, then the Jazz should blow this up and see what premium assets they can get while the pieces we have have any value.

I get there is no chance we trade Mitchell though. New owner isnt going to let his top commercial asset go and go through a rebuild or risk being worse without Mitchell.

Jazz should consider trading Royce
They looked pretty good with out him last night
Let Ingles start and split time with Gay
See what Jazz might get for Royce or not start him and cut his minutes

We should trade the guy who has scored 30+ efficiently in the last two playoffs… because he sucked in a few regular season games.
Context matters. like what i said about Crowder, the player himself really isn't the problem, but the type of lineup we throw the guy into is. Putting Crowder into a group of shot creators means back-to-back NBA finals, but putting him into a lineup of Rudy/Rubio/Favors, it means terrible spacing and bad offense.
DM works best if we surround him with size and spacing, and not relying on him to be the perimeter stopper or ballhandling playmaker. Like if you put Kyrie next to the playmaker in Lebron it means championship, but if you put him next to another iso-scorer in Tatum, it means stagnant offense/second round exit.

Do you want a medal for taking the courageous position that murder is bad, or that the sky is usually blue?

I’m not taking a victory lap, I’m wondering why the hell we ignored the obvious issues for years. This amnesia that some people get from time to time seems to be shared by the FO. Some people do forget the sky is blue when it comes to our very obvious defensive issues. If you’re upset by this, don’t be one of those people.

I would never claim that this is original or hot take. Some moves, or lack thereof, are exceedingly more frustrating because of how obvious they are. This is one of them.

My guess is that we go on another run at some point, we forget that we had issues in the first place, and we likely see the same fate in the playoffs. Is that expert analysis? No, that’s just what you should expect from almost the exact the same team.

I’m not taking a victory lap, I’m wondering why the hell we ignored the obvious issues for years. This amnesia that some people get from time to time seems to be shared by the FO. Some people do forget the sky is blue when it comes to our very obvious defensive issues. If you’re upset by this, don’t be one of those people.

I would never claim that this is original or hot take. Some moves, or lack thereof, are exceedingly more frustrating because of how obvious they are. This is one of them.

My guess is that we go on another run at some point, we forget that we had issues in the first place, and we likely see the same fate in the playoffs. Is that expert analysis? No, that’s just what you should expect from almost the exact the same team.

Jazz are a system team for the most part, and so their player evaluation is skewed by putting the player in that context. For example, the appeal of Royce O'Neale is that he plays hard on defense, moves the ball on offense and doesn't use too many possessions. He gets some of the most open shots in the league, and he knocks some of them down. He scores 6 or 7 points, grabs 5 or so rebounds and everyone's happy for him.

The problem is that the Jazz already have an undersized backcourt, so playing a somewhat undersized wing next to them exacerbates the Jazz's lack of size. The other problem is that Royce is a limited player offensively, and when teams switch on us to stifle our ball movement, Royce can't do much. It becomes a 4-on-5 situation more or less. The Jazz could be getting the same defensive impact, more offensive impact and more rebounds with another complementary player. More minutes for Rudy Gay would be a good start.

3 months ago (or was it 3 weeks ago) I was getting crucified for wanting a more athletic/defensive wing. It’s been obvious the whole time.
Crucified? By whom? Most of us have been clamoring for that for THREE YEARS now? Don't pretend this is some new grand controversial idea. That is what most of us wanted INSTEAD of Conley. That's been the team's single biggest need since before the Conley trade.

Crucified? By whom? Most of us have been clamoring for that for THREE YEARS now? Don't pretend this is some new grand controversial idea. That is what most of us wanted INSTEAD of Conley. That's been the team's single biggest need since before the Conley trade.

It wasn't, but people have amnesia and forget when we stomp bad teams. The point is that it could not be more obvious and it's insane that we keep neglecting the obvious issues.

It wasn't, but people have amnesia and forget when we stomp bad teams. The point is that it could not be more obvious and it's insane that we keep neglecting the obvious issues.
The FO has been neglecting it for 4 years now. No surprise there. Still frustrating as hell. Let's go get another slow backup center rather than a wing who could contribute. Yay.

A lineup featuring Crowder+ rubio+favs. yes, it'd be a recipe for disaster. but just adding Crowder alone to a group of playmakers/shot creators is the perfect roster balancing act, like what the Phoenix is doing right now.

The irony is we had a chance to bring him back last offseason, but DL chose Favs instead, which is why we probably deserve to be watching Crowder helping his team reach back-to-back NBA finals from home.
Back to back? Counting them chickens huh?