What's new

Trade Mitchell (Include Clarkson)

That’s a sub 500 team in the west.

Where does our scoring come from? No one on that team takes over games in the 4th. You are all bat **** crazy! Don has what not many have. Yes he is struggling. I will give you that. But we aren’t winning **** without Don or Gobert. Don isn’t the issue. We don’t get past the first round without him last year. We beat the clippers if he’s healthy. We have our foundation it’s Rudy and Don. If they choose to not build around them two that’s on the front office. Don is the offense and Rudy is the defense. 2 headed monster who is capable to win it all with the right pieces around them.
No team that starts Gobert is going to be sub 500

Somehow I have more belief in the mad bomber Clarkson turning it around than Mitchell abandoning Hero Ball in the closing minutes of close games. Hayward was terrible in clutch time and im starting to feel the same about Mitchell. I’d really like to see the numbers on Mitchell’s clutch time success rate. I mean him going one on five just seems like an excercise in futility to me. Hes not Kobe or Jordan or Lebron. He’s like 6’2” with the added disability of freakishly big feet for Pete’s sake but he wants to drive through the trees or pull up on a 6’7”. Ugh

Last edited:
Somehow I have more belief in the mad bomber Clarkson turning it around than Mitchell abandoning Hero Ball in the closing minutes of close games. Hayward was terrible in clutch time and im starting to feel the same about Mitchell. I’d really like to see the numbers on Mitchell’s clutch time success rate. I mean him going one on 5 just seems like an excercise in futility to me. Hes not Kobe or Jordan or Lebrun. He’s like 6’2” with the added disability of freakishly big feet for Pete’s sake but he wants to drive through the trees or pull up on a 6’7”. Ugh
Even the superstars you mention have low success rates. Yet hero ball permeates. I wish better plays were designed by the coaching staff to help ensure a score, and if it breaks down then resort to hero ball as a last resort, instead of having no real play and hoping for a great personal play.

I dont watch enough Blazers to know, but could the Jazz swing a Bogey for Covington type deal? Covington is having a down year stats wise because he's getting less touches. Is his defense still upper level in terms of team defense?

It would have to include other pieces, but it seems like Utah should get some assets back as well considering Covington is expiring this year and Bogey is the better overall player.

Even the superstars you mention have low success rates. Yet hero ball permeates. I wish better plays were designed by the coaching staff to help ensure a score, and if it breaks down then resort to hero ball as a last resort, instead of having no real play and hoping for a great personal play.
Hero Ball is fine, but like in the last game, Mitchell had a pass to Gobert available. I don't mind the heavy iso stuff late in games. Refs let a lot of contact go off ball, making it hard to run sets that require precision of off ball movement, but Mitchell has to be more aware when guys are open.

The best semi-realistic trade idea I saw posted is @KqWIN ’s idea of JC to Cleveland, Markanan to SA, White to Utah… Cleveland losing Mobley for a few weeks and now Markanan playing in his correct position may put a kink in that… it would help if they lost a few more games. Cleveland having a little success and getting overly excited to keep the momentum going is a team that might make a short term move to ensure they make the play in.

JC trades are difficult to make.
The best semi-realistic trade idea I saw posted is @KqWIN ’s idea of JC to Cleveland, Markanan to SA, White to Utah… Cleveland losing Mobley for a few weeks and now Markanan playing in his correct position may put a kink in that… it would help if they lost a few more games. Cleveland having a little success and getting overly excited to keep the momentum going is a team that might make a short term move to ensure they make the play in.

JC trades are difficult to make.
Raptors, Celtics, and Bulls have the lowest scoring benches in the league, fwiw. All three have aspirations this year, I think

Cleveland had JC and traded him to Jazz
Why would they want him back
Because Sexton is out for the year and is a free agent. They may not want to pay his going rate. They need some on ball help... its Rubio and Garland and that is it. Ricky is also going to miss games at some point.

And they may not want him. Its all projection of course.

Raptors, Celtics, and Bulls have the lowest scoring benches in the league, fwiw. All three have aspirations this year, I think
Maybe the Raps... maybe they send out Dragic (who isn't playing for them). I think they are doing a wait and see approach and are more likely to sell pieces and tank than to add pieces but who knows. I think JC makes matters worse for Boston. Chicago... I think they have enough creation.

I dont watch enough Blazers to know, but could the Jazz swing a Bogey for Covington type deal? Covington is having a down year stats wise because he's getting less touches. Is his defense still upper level in terms of team defense?

It would have to include other pieces, but it seems like Utah should get some assets back as well considering Covington is expiring this year and Bogey is the better overall player.
I watched a few games... he's been unimpressive when I have watched. I think he's pretty over-rated but maybe he finds his groove at some point. I think Bogey makes it even tougher for them to have a somewhat credible defense but maybe they'd try and triple or quadruple down on offense and screw trying to balance it out. IDK

This thread is a perfect example of why I try to stay off this forum. The Jazz have been playing poorly and are still third in the west in a conference and a league that is wide ****ing open why the **** would you trade our best player? Only the playoffs matter to this team at this point and yes, the guys need to figure out how to motivate themselves to get up and play better against sub-500 teams in the regular season. But we are legit ****ing contenders and throwing away some games to bad teams early in the regular season doesn't change that. Touch some grass. Everyone just can't wait to be a mid-lottery team again. Loser mindset has a hold over this fanbase.

This thread is a perfect example of why I try to stay off this forum. The Jazz have been playing poorly and are still third in the west in a conference and a league that is wide ****ing open why the **** would you trade our best player? Only the playoffs matter to this team at this point and yes, the guys need to figure out how to motivate themselves to get up and play better against sub-500 teams in the regular season. But we are legit ****ing contenders and throwing away some games to bad teams early in the regular season doesn't change that. Touch some grass. Everyone just can't wait to be a mid-lottery team again. Loser mindset has a hold over this fanbase.
* 2nd best player

Defensive intensity increases in the last few minutes of close games, which means offensive strategies get more difficult as well. Which teams don't see a lot of hero ball in the closing minutes of a close game?

I think any JC deal likely is a three team deal. One that might be out there is I could see NO wanting to get better and sending out Satoransky for JC. Now I am not sure we'd want Sato but he has a 10M expiring deal... we'd flip that to another team looking for salary relief that has a player that might fit in better. Boston might be willing to offload Josh Richardson for relief if their team doesn't show improvement. That might be a gamble I'd make.

I think any JC deal likely is a three team deal. One that might be out there is I could see NO wanting to get better and sending out Satoransky for JC. Now I am not sure we'd want Sato but he has a 10M expiring deal... we'd flip that to another team looking for salary relief that has a player that might fit in better. Boston might be willing to offload Josh Richardson for relief if their team doesn't show improvement. That might be a gamble I'd make.

Richardson is interesting, but I still think Smart is the prize there in Boston. I don't know how we get Smart, but I feel like Smart is one of the more likely players in the league to be traded in the near future. I would try to swing for Hart before Richardson, but as time goes on that window seems to be closing. It never made sense in the first place why NOP didn't want Hart, but maybe pressure from Hart to be traded can swing that deal. NOP traded a first to go from Ball to Graham and moved down+traded a first to get Val this summer. I'm hoping they have another dumb move in them but at 5-17 they might have come to their senses.

It would have been a really good move to trade Clarkson at his highest value and with more options available this summer, but that's easy to say in hindsight. I was more open to moving Bogey at the time, and who knows, maybe in a few weeks we think differently about those two again. It does feel like it has to be a three teamer at this point. Lauri, maybe even Collin Sexton if CLE knows he's gone this summer, and potentially Malik Beasley are some younger pieces on teams that might want an upgrade now.

If we're being honest, however, the Jazz made their decision this summer to run it back and even if they have had a change in heart it probably can't happen until the summer.

Richardson is interesting, but I still think Smart is the prize there in Boston. I don't know how we get Smart, but I feel like Smart is one of the more likely players in the league to be traded in the near future. I would try to swing for Hart before Richardson, but as time goes on that window seems to be closing. It never made sense in the first place why NOP didn't want Hart, but maybe pressure from Hart to be traded can swing that deal. NOP traded a first to go from Ball to Graham and moved down+traded a first to get Val this summer. I'm hoping they have another dumb move in them but at 5-17 they might have come to their senses.

It would have been a really good move to trade Clarkson at his highest value and with more options available this summer, but that's easy to say in hindsight. I was more open to moving Bogey at the time, and who knows, maybe in a few weeks we think differently about those two again. It does feel like it has to be a three teamer at this point. Lauri, maybe even Collin Sexton if CLE knows he's gone this summer, and potentially Malik Beasley are some younger pieces on teams that might want an upgrade now.

If we're being honest, however, the Jazz made their decision this summer to run it back and even if they have had a change in heart it probably can't happen until the summer.
Money and fit tells me if Smart ends up here it was Bogey that got moved. I don't think they can move Smart unless its a great deal. I think Stevens would catch so much ****.

NO does dumb things... as long as Griffin is fighting for his job we should call them every day... Every. Damn. Day.

If we were willing to take on some money (I don't think we are)... we could probably swing a deal for Eric Gordon as a three team deal.

Money and fit tells me if Smart ends up here it was Bogey that got moved. I don't think they can move Smart unless its a great deal. I think Stevens would catch so much ****.

NO does dumb things... as long as Griffin is fighting for his job we should call them every day... Every. Damn. Day.

If we were willing to take on some money (I don't think we are)... we could probably swing a deal for Eric Gordon as a three team deal.
They would also have no PG other than Schroeder if they trade Smart.

Don't think they do any deal that deals Smart without getting another high IQ guard back.

They would also have no PG other than Schroeder if they trade Smart.

Don't think they do any deal that deals Smart without getting another high IQ guard back.
I agree. Payton Pritchard has really sucked this year. Weird that he isn't getting real run though. I thought he was solid.

They probably need a real full time point guard to help get possessions allocated to their wing guys. I think if they move Smart it might be part of a Ben Simmons package... If Morey decides to finally sell low. IDK... Boston is so wonky.

Defensive intensity increases in the last few minutes of close games, which means offensive strategies get more difficult as well. Which teams don't see a lot of hero ball in the closing minutes of a close game?
I don't disagree, but the Jazz don't even attempt to get an advantage from a set. They just set a pick at the time and pray.

Of
Of course that doesn’t take away from the fact that some players due to physical attributes are better suited to going one on five. Then, even more importantly there is the clutch gene which I’m not convinced Don possesses. For whatever reason, seems like we lose an inordinate number of close games.