What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

It appears that a majority of the trade Mitchell or Gobert rumors are originating with CAA a sports management agency. The Knicks President is a former agent there and Mike Conley is a current client. Let the conspiracy theories begin.

The buzz around Mitchell wanting a trade is probably coming from CAA, especially in NY since they have former CAA guys in the front office. However, the buzz around Rudy is coming from media reporting teams that would be interested in trading for him. For example, the reports that Atlanta and Toronto would be interested in trading for Gobert have nothing to do with CAA.

That says a lot about whether the team is focused on a championship or making sure Ryan's new toy looks good for all his billionaire BFFs.

Well, I guess I can see it. A small market team winning a championship is a once-in-a-generation type event. Whereas, Jazz ownership get revenue, publicity and prestige from things like the All Star weekend.

If it were me, I'd trade Gobert while a few teams still want a high-paid, defensive center. Mitchell will still probably make the ASG, even if the league has to add him as a last-minute injury replacement.

He has a bit of a personal agenda to sell Salt Lake City as a 'cool place' to live and do business in general. I'm not sure why exactly.
AS game ain't changing that one way or another. Its some stupid ****.

Also can you imagine if Donovan doesn't make the team and either leaves town or has to be the mayor of AS weekend and he ain't on the team!!!

If the AS is a priority we will likely try and boost Don's numbers and dumb **** like that.

You can't be serious with using that video for anything. It is a highlight video that isn't even impressive. Mitchell has his strengths and weaknesses. Right now his weaknesses are starting to outnumber his strengths because his defense is approaching all time bad level and he is extremely selfish when he goes into hero mode. At the same time you are correct that this team isn't built well around Donovan. This is just poorly constructed team altogether and it has been that way for years. It started with Rubio and Favors in the starting lineup together and ended with the worst perimeter defensive team imaginable. It is crazy how badly jazz management has handled the last 4 years when it comes to actually building a complete basketball team.
I can show a ton of videos that show Donovan scores in the paint despite having to go right through Rudy's guy or Hassan's guy too. Certain guys just prefer to score certain ways and Don likes to attack the rim. Always having a big man who can't stretch at all probably isn't the best fit.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Okay, let's run through this...

All Star Bigs: Jokic, Gobert, Towns...Davis or maybe Ayton?
All Star Guards & Wings: Lebron, Kawhi, Paul George, Ja, CP3, Booker, Steph, Luka...

Mitchell could be on the bubble if he's not having a good season. Zion, Ingram, SGA, Ant could all be knocking on the door.

Ryan-Smith-qualtrics-GETTY.jpg

Ryan Smith needs to stop worrying about having All-Stars on the Jazz during All-Star weekend and start worrying about how his hair is going to look during ASG.

Ryan Smith needs to stop worrying about having All-Stars on the Jazz during All-Star weekend and start worrying about how his hair is going to look during ASG.
Hey his stylist spends hours every day making sure his hair has exactly the right amount of "just rolled out of bed" insouciance. Give the guy a break!

Okay, let's run through this...

All Star Bigs: Jokic, Gobert, Towns...Davis or maybe Ayton?
All Star Guards & Wings: Lebron, Kawhi, Paul George, Ja, CP3, Booker, Steph, Luka...

Mitchell could be on the bubble if he's not having a good season. Zion, Ingram, SGA, Ant could all be knocking on the door.
One wonky popular vote guy gets in like Wiggins did this year and he in real trouble.

Also hilarious we are worried about having the two guys that are picked last for AS game and clowned on by the cool kids. He just doesn’t get it… it doesn’t matter at all.

I remember being a wee lad when we had AS game last time… I was supposed to go to some event but the snow and roads were so bad we couldn’t get there at the right time. Inviting everyone for a weekend when it’s cold as **** ain’t going to change anyones mind about the state. Lebron was in Cleveland and people didn’t want to go there.

Jimmy Butler got a good return when Chicago moved him to Minnesota -- Lavine, Dunn and #7 pick. That's three lottery-level talents.

I might be willing to move Mitchell for #4 in this draft, plus a young player, plus another lottery-level pick. That's because I believe in Jaden Ivey being able to replace Mitchell.

The Magic make sense to me here with Franz Wagner their lotto pick this year and for filler all they have are young players. I really like Wendell Carter Jr for part of the filler.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

You guys are actually rooting for a Utah Jazz player to miss being in the All Star game that we are hosting.

I don't know if it's the fanbase or just negative toxic society in general, but you guys suck.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Also hilarious we are worried about having the two guys that are picked last for AS game and clowned on by the cool kids. He just doesn’t get it… it doesn’t matter at all.

I remember being a wee lad when we had AS game last time… I was supposed to go to some event but the snow and roads were so bad we couldn’t get there at the right time. Inviting everyone for a weekend when it’s cold as **** ain’t going to change anyones mind about the state. Lebron was in Cleveland and people didn’t want to go there.
Just sad. If you can move Rudy and/or Don and make moves that are better for the long-term survival of the franchise you don't miss out on that to have 2 all-stars play in a pointless game.

Just sad. If you can move Rudy and/or Don and make moves that are better for the long-term survival of the franchise you don't miss out on that to have 2 all-stars play in a pointless game.
The millers didn’t always spend what I wanted and sometimes set their sights too low (after Larry died) but they were always above this loser ****.