What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Roster influencing impact aside, I was really excited for the all star festivities. I'm a huge NBA fan and it is a special event. I was too young to enjoy it the first time it came here. Now I'm trying to embrace for the cringe as Ryan Smith tries to sell SLC and make it "cool". Reminds me of the "night life" saga. No one thinks SLC is a cool party city. Having Don be the mayor of SLC right before he leaves is the cherry on top.
Ryan means well, and SLC is quite a bit different than a lot of people would expect, that’s what he wants to open up. But yeah, Donovan will be super cringe because, every NBA fan, and Utah Jazz fan is realizing he doesn’t want to be here. Ryan isn’t in charge of most of it, it’s just the Donovan thing that will be a terrible cloud hanging over everything. AS weekend will be cool to have in SLC. Frankly Donovan signing a giant contract then acting like this, after pretending like he did for a few years, is pretty scummy heading into an AS weekend season. Like the Jazz drafted him, gave him the team, have given him everything he wants, gave him a contract with literally everything in it, and he repays them with a summer full of rumors, “ask me next week” quotes, and drama heading into what should be an exciting event during a good season next year. It’s actually pretty low of he and his agency. He signed the contract, and he should have planned on honoring most of it with a decent attitude and commitment to the franchise. He’s worse than Hayward, and by quite a bit.

You guys are actually rooting for a Utah Jazz player to miss being in the All Star game that we are hosting.

I don't know if it's the fanbase or just negative toxic society in general, but you guys suck.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

What I'm rooting for is the Jazz to do something. They've won one first round series in the last four years and have no capability/abiity to adapt when Rudy is drawn out so our perimeter D is exposed; nor do we have ability to punish that defense on the other end because Rudy has hands like peels. We've known about this for years, but all those players we bring in to fix it get DNP-DP during those critical games. At this point, due to other members of the roster getting older, it is not reasonable nor logical to assume that "running it back" will achieve different results. There is a word for expecting the opposite.

Insanity.

If we have to miss sending players to the ASG, then good. Not to be melodramatic, but we're staring into the abyss and unless something changes; we're not going to blink.

Does the FO know this? Yes. Do I expect them to do anything about it? No. Do I think they want to? Absolutely.

I’d think about Kennard and Zubac if we traded Rudy… Kennard would quickly become the most hated JazzFanz guy… punchable face and maybe one of the least athletic guys I watched last year. Injury prone but good shooter and ball mover. Zubac is just like a super solid center but he’s cheap. Below average starter but fine stopgap until you have something more dynamic.

The Conley trade needs to be the KCP/Deni trade though… we need to take a chance on a guy that could pop. I think Deni is a natural jump in shooting away from being a super glue guy.

Zubac for Conley? No thanks. I'm sure there are other teams with pieces that make more sense for us.
It would have to be Kennard and Zubac to match salary. Not sure if that changes your opinion. It doesn’t get me particularly excited.

Not really, but I guess it all depends on what direction the team goes in.
I like Zubac if we traded Rudy and didn’t get a center back. I’d rather have him and his contract than Capela with his deal. He’s kinda the perfect salary and player that you can bench or minimize to spend/put in a stretch big. If Kennard is healthy his salary is okay but he makes our perimeter defense worse… which is saying something.

The fake Washington deal I made up puts Mike in a position to start on a team trying to win now and gives us two guys that help address our biggest need… plus Deni has a chance to be really good. He’s already solid and is young. Maybe he tops out as a 33% three shooter… it might be good enough to be a solid starter given his other skills.

What I'm rooting for is the Jazz to do something. They've won one first round series in the last four years and have no capability/abiity to adapt when Rudy is drawn out so our perimeter D is exposed; nor do we have ability to punish that defense on the other end because Rudy has hands like peels. We've known about this for years, but all those players we bring in to fix it get DNP-DP during those critical games. At this point, due to other members of the roster getting older, it is not reasonable nor logical to assume that "running it back" will achieve different results. There is a word for expecting the opposite.

Insanity.

If we have to miss sending players to the ASG, then good. Not to be melodramatic, but we're staring into the abyss and unless something changes; we're not going to blink.

Does the FO know this? Yes. Do I expect them to do anything about it? No. Do I think they want to? Absolutely.
The last time a bunch of us clamored for them to so "something" they brought in Conley. I am not too convinced the FO are capable of moving the needle that much tbh.

The fake Washington deal I made up puts Mike in a position to start on a team trying to win now and gives us two guys that help address our biggest need… plus Deni has a chance to be really good. He’s already solid and is young. Maybe he tops out as a 33% three shooter… it might be good enough to be a solid starter given his other skills.
Do you really like KCP, or are just willing to take him to get Deni?

Could we really play Deni next to Gobert if he's only shooting 33%?

Do you really like KCP, or are just willing to take him to get Deni?

Could we really play Deni next to Gobert if he's only shooting 33%?
Oh Deni is the prize for sure. He is a great defender… on ball and in help. He’s also a good passer. Those are 3 things we desperately need.

KCP is a good energetic defender and adequate shooter… he’s on an expiring deal so even if he doesn’t work it’s fine. He’s decent at guarding the type of fast guards that smoke us. Also KCP in a contract year has generally been the best KCP.

Deni’s shooting doesn’t bother me much. One guy shooting 33% isn’t the end of the world. I think he can get higher than that and that is where he gets super interesting

I’d think about Kennard and Zubac if we traded Rudy… Kennard would quickly become the most hated JazzFanz guy… punchable face and maybe one of the least athletic guys I watched last year. Injury prone but good shooter and ball mover. Zubac is just like a super solid center but he’s cheap. Below average starter but fine stopgap until you have something more dynamic.

The Conley trade needs to be the KCP/Deni trade though… we need to take a chance on a guy that could pop. I think Deni is a natural jump in shooting away from being a super glue guy.
I think Kuxma would probably be more attainable.

I'd like to know what the Wizards think of their trio of forwards. Rui/Kuxma/Deni, it makes sense to trade one.

I think Kuxma would probably be more attainable.

I'd like to know what the Wizards think of their trio of forwards. Rui/Kuxma/Deni, it makes sense to trade one.
I think they’d rather trade Rui for sure. I get the feeling they love Kuzma. I think they are all in on keeping Beal and trying to win like 45 games that’s their owners MO. I think Deni is attainable but could be wrong… I’d take Kuzma or Deni but prefer Deni.

I think they’d rather trade Rui for sure. I get the feeling they love Kuzma. I think they are all in on keeping Beal and trying to win like 45 games that’s their owners MO. I think Deni is attainable but could be wrong… I’d take Kuzma or Deni but prefer Deni.

tradenba-snap-1652285250615.png

You see this trade I made in the other thread?

I like Zubac if we traded Rudy and didn’t get a center back. I’d rather have him and his contract than Capela with his deal. He’s kinda the perfect salary and player that you can bench or minimize to spend/put in a stretch big. If Kennard is healthy his salary is okay but he makes our perimeter defense worse… which is saying something.
Zubac is hard-nosed with grit we need that

We should keep Conley and deal Mitchell to Miami for a package that includes Herro. Possibly flip the other pieces we’re getting to a third team for another starter to replace Royce in the starting lineup.

View attachment 12090

You see this trade I made in the other thread?
Lots of moving parts... kinda cross eyed lol.

From a quick scan...

- I don't think Wiz do it... the Duncan contract is really terrible.
- I don't think the Bulls do it.
- I see you are finally coming around to my boi the Bald Eagle!!!! Told yall.

I don't think its like wildly lopsided... just not sure those teams would go for it. On the Bulls I think the buy low guy might be Lonzo. He played well and is like the perfect guard to put next to Donovan but that health has to be super concerning for the Bulls. He has missed a lot of games. Sometimes guys miraculously stay healthy like Steph did and become huge values. Horford was another guy that had some shoulder injuries that seemed like they may follow him his whole career. Brook Lopez with the foot stuff too... we have to take some swings so if they are uncomfortable with Lonzo I'd give it a go.

I'm also not a Herro fan... he's fine but I think he's a bit overrated.