What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

You know that DM would never be traded for OG. First OG has been hurt a lot. Secondly, he is limited on the offensive end. I am not confused at all. I understand the difficulty of trading Rudy due to his contract. That is the major reason why he is not traded in my opinion is due to his contract and age. If he were 24 years old the likely hood of him being traded would increase but the contract could still make it difficult. OG is more desired due to his age/contract and the fact that Wings are more coveted than centers in today's NBA. However, Rudy is still the better player if you look at his accomplishments and ignore the rest. So I am in agreement with you about the reasons why OG is not going to be traded for Rudy, but you are missing the point. My point is Rudy is the better player and has accomplished more than OG so straight up it would be a no brainer to trade for RUdy based upon talent. I know that is not how trades work though.

OG isn't a three-level scorer. He's a switchable, 3D wing who can spot up, attack close-outs and slash a bit. He doesn't have much on-ball creation or mid-range scoring ability. I've been following him since he was at Indiana. This idea that he's an amazing offensive player is a myth. I'm not sure he's even a top-50 player, tbh.

OG isn't a three-level scorer. He's a switchable, 3D wing who can spot up, attack close-outs and slash a bit. He doesn't have much on-ball creation or mid-range scoring ability. I've been following him since he was at Indiana. This idea that he's an amazing offensive player is a myth. I'm not sure he's even a top-50 player, tbh.
You are right, 3 and finisher on offense. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/og-anunoby-shot-chart

I agree.

I don't know if anyone thinks his offense is amazing.

He's top 40-80 range - https://theathletic.com/2753332/202...heck-in-at-tier-4-alongside-40-other-players/

Good discussion guys.

We aren't contenders no matter what we do. Rudy's value is as high as its ever gonna be.

Trade him. Get youth. Get multiple pieces. Hire a great coach. Pray

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
If you want to get youth, and other assets, trade Mitchell, and trade JC. Build properly around Gobert and GIVE HIM THE HELP HE NEEDS!! He can’t be the only one defending and playing help defense.

If I'm the Knicks there's absolutely no way in hell that I'm giving Brunson a max contract. I'd offer those 3 1sts I just got from the Thunder for #11 and Mitchell Robinson in a S&T.

I could still see a Gobert deal happen with the Hawks, possibly with Capela ending up in Minnesota. See what AJ Griffin looks like in Summer League and see if that makes a difference to where things stand.

T'wolves also picked up Walker Kessler, Wendell Moore and Kendall Brown in the draft, who could be interesting young prospects to include in a deal.

Last edited:
I could still see a Gobert deal happen with the Hawks, possibly with Capela ending up in Minnesota. See what AJ Griffin looks like in Summer League and see if that makes a difference to where things stand.

T'wolves also picked up Walker Kessler, Wendell Moore and Kendall Brown in the draft, who could be interesting young prospects to include in a deal.
Not happening. Atlanta was going to get involved in the Ayton race but Trae went and said, he wants Capela to stay at all cost. Trae plays really well off Clint.

You think that you guys would pony up Collins + 3 1sts for Murray?
Hell no! Many of our fans want to but they aren't thinking long term. Murray will get a max in two years. If that backcourt is too small, it's too expensive to remake it whereas they can remake the current one in another year. It would just have too much cost and not enough reward.

Oof. Trae wants Capela? So then where is the improvement going to come from?
Trae. He has to be the one being better off the ball, more willing passer with the ball and better on defense.

Everyone has to improve. Hunter, Kevin, Capela, Okongwu. Bogi and JJ are hurt so they won't get a summer to improve. JC needs to get it together, he will always be shopped, part of being a stretch 4 in a NBA where teams wants 4s who defend multiple positions at a high level. Something, he cannot do.

Hell no! Many of our fans want to but they aren't thinking long term. Murray will get a max in two years. If that backcourt is too small, it's too expensive to remake it whereas they can remake the current one in another year. It would just have too much cost and not enough reward.
Murray's skinny but he's tall with length and solid defensively, I just don't know how well it would work because both guys are super ball dominant players.

Why is your front office so adamant on moving Collins?

Trae. He has to be the one being better off the ball, more willing passer with the ball and better on defense.

Everyone has to improve. Hunter, Kevin, Capela, Okongwu. Bogi and JJ are hurt so they won't get a summer to improve. JC needs to get it together, he will always be shopped, part of being a stretch 4 in a NBA where teams wants 4s who defend multiple positions at a high level. Something, he cannot do.

There's been a lot of talk surrounding the Hawks that they want to shake up their roster, that a bunch of guys are available for trade, and that their defense needs to take a big step forward. Otherwise, they're another 1st-round out. Also, Trae isn't going to improve defensively. That's not a strategy.

This will probably be unpopular, but I’d trade Mitchell or Young from the hawks straight up for Murray.

There's been a lot of talk surrounding the Hawks that they want to shake up their roster, that a bunch of guys are available for trade, and that their defense needs to take a big step forward. Otherwise, they're another 1st-round out. Also, Trae isn't going to improve defensively. That's not a strategy.
They made a lot of calls but in 2022, everyone has an ideal as well as what's acceptable for what they want and if it doesn't fall into that paradigm, they stick to their cards.

The owner gave a mandate to improve but he wants long term success like the Warriors. That's smart trades, cap moves, but he has to be willing to pay. He says he is....

When you are the worst defensive player I've ever seen, I clearly think you can improve. He has the hands, instincts, and lateral quickness to be a decent defender but his stamina on defense is horrible, he instantly dies on screens and he breaks the integrity of a defense at the rate of prime LeBron to other teams in the playoffs. His effort has to be possession by possession which is critical.

He can definitely improve.