What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Absolutely no thank you to any trade offer from Miami though. All they can offer is Herro, Robinson, filler and picks way down the road.

Agree, although I do wonder if the heat could get Spida to play defense. I really think he might optimize his potential there.

Herro + Strus + Jovic + 2023/2027/2029 unprotected 1sts and 2024/2026/2028 pick swaps.

Yeah.. that’s so bad. Critical thinking is hard sometimes.

Fair point - I’m trying to remember, did Simmons give them a list of where he wanted to go? It seems like Don really wants to end up in one of two really specific places.
If Don asked the team to trade him with 3+1 left on his deal do you think we’d make his dream of going to Miami/New York come true? Or do you think we’d be public about shopping him like the Spurs just did with Murray and move him for the best package?

Herro + Jovic + 2023/2027/2029 unprotected 1sts and 2024/2026/2028 pick swaps.

Yeah.. that’s so bad. Critical thinking is hard sometimes.
Its just not amazing... the salary filler they would send is also a problem. Lowry or Duncan are not contracts I would love.

Everyone is praising the Spurs for getting unprotected 2025/2027 1sts for Murray. I’m not sure what you guys are really expecting.

It seems like most star players ask out with significantly less time in their contracts though. The only exception I can think of is Paul George, who quietly asked out

He told Indiana a year before his contract expired that he wasn't planning to re-sign. Mitchell has 3 years before his player option.

Everyone is praising the Spurs for getting unprotected 2025/2027 1sts for Murray. I’m not sure what you guys are really expecting.
The same type of package from one of the worst franchises of the last 20 years that is desperate to be relevant: the quality of their future assets would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

I’m not interested in the Heat offer either.