What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Ayton is probably not going to move before the KD situation resolves. Bogdanovic might not move before the KD situation resolves, and he could be connected to the Hawks as well. I'm wondering how long things are going to be on hold.

Trust me I understand it from both sides. I think part of me really doesn’t want to sit through and endure another rebuild. I like being good and being in the playoffs.

There are a lot of people genuinely do not like Mitchell though and people have openly admitted it.
I think "good" is a very relative term. I don't consider us good. For me it is either a 6-7 game competitive WCF series or bust. I do not see any conceivable way of reaching that right now or in the near future.

I disagree on the dislike/hate of Mitchell. Maybe, a poll is necessary to see if it is the genuine dislike or just so called business.

If we are keeping Donovan I think I am more intrigued with adding Collins and using Vanderbilt as the "center". I also think we could do Bogey for JC (saves them some money) or add Beasley or Clarkson for Bogdon to save them some additional money this year and next. Bogdon has struggled to be healthy and is coming off knee surgery. I could see that swap being appealing as it moves them further from the tax and now they have two reliable guys instead of question marks. If we need to add the worse of the Philly/Minny picks top 20 protected I would do that I guess... they sold pretty low on Huerter imo and I think it was to cut costs.

Ayton is probably not going to move before the KD situation resolves. Bogdanovic might not move before the KD situation resolves, and he could be connected to the Hawks as well. I'm wondering how long things are going to be on hold.
If the Suns or another team sign Ayton he can't be traded for a while, 6 months to a year, IIRC.

If the Suns or another team sign Ayton he can't be traded for a while, 6 months to a year, IIRC.
Ayton gets resolved in the next week no matter what. That is adding some urgency for both Phoenix and Brooklyn imo.

I don't think Indiana will do anything sneaky though. When they signed Brogdon they gave up a pick to Milwaukee and didn't find it good business just to present a toxic offer sheet... they don't seem like the types to sneak in on Ayton and cause issues.

Ayton is better than Collins but we can get both.
Perhaps, but I feel Collins gives you a bit more positional flexibility. I don’t want to have too much money tied up in a center that can only play one position again.

But getting both without losing Don would be perfect. I don’t want to tank. I want to have fun watching Jazz basketball, even if they’re not playing for a championship but for a 6th seed. Knowing we have a lot of picks in the future is ok, but doesn’t make watching a gutted team fun. And yes, maybe Don demands a trade next year, but Ainge can deal with that then. Perhaps this is not the wisest road for the future, but I’m a Jazz fan, not an investor.

Perhaps, but I feel Collins gives you a bit more positional flexibility. I don’t want to have too much money tied up in a center that can only play one position again.

But getting both without losing Don would be perfect. I don’t want to tank. I want to have fun watching Jazz basketball, even if they’re not playing for a championship but for a 6th seed. Knowing we have a lot of picks in the future is ok, but doesn’t make watching a gutted team fun. And yes, maybe Don demands a trade next year, but Ainge can deal with that then. Perhaps this is not the wisest road for the future, but I’m a Jazz fan, not an investor.
Vanderbilt makes this kinda interesting. Ideally I'd want one more wing that we don't have to do:

Don/Bev/Blank?/Collins/Vanderbilt

That could be interesting. I prefer just tearing it all down... but this would at least be interesting.

Vanderbilt makes this kinda interesting. Ideally I'd want one more wing that we don't have to do:

Don/Bev/Blank?/Collins/Vanderbilt

That could be interesting. I prefer just tearing it all down... but this would at least be interesting.
Vanderbilt could be the guy who changes everything. His defensive capabilities and positional flexibility give us so many options.

I think Collins is a no brainer if we can get him at an affordable price.

Center options at that point:
Vanderbilt
Collins
Kessler
Dok

Getting Ayton would be great, but I worry about an overpay there.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

They can’t in Brooklyn, they can in Utah. Ironically, Simmons and Don would make an excellent backcourt pair, if only Simmons wasn’t a complete *ssh*t with a broken back.
I heard that there was some rule that prohibited Don and Ben from being on the same team. Rules expert, please educate me.

I would take the over on those vegas odds any ol day with the current team. But the team is not going to be what we have now...

Or is it!!! Bum bum buuuuuum.

I heard that there was some rule that prohibited Don and Ben from being on the same team. Rules expert, please educate me.
You can’t trade for 2 players that are on the contract that Don and Simmons are on, but you can trade for one when you’ve drafted the other. Since Utah drafted Don, they can add Simmons through trade. Brooklyn would have traded for both, which is not allowed.

You can’t trade for two players off of their max rookie extension but if you signed one yourself you can trade for another.

So we can add one with Donovan and Miami can with Bam but Brooklyn can’t because they traded for Simmons and didn’t sign him.

Before tanking, I’d focus on flipping the roster to get younger, bigger and more athletic.

I’d be fine with getting Collins, but have no interest in Ayton. The combination of cost and contract makes that feel like an extremely risky move. Even then, I think the key to a successful rebuild is holding multiple unprotected assets from other teams and hoping they bottom out while you focus on adding the best 8 players you can.

Jazz should absolutely look to move Conley, Clarkson and Gay this year. It would be nice to get young players, picks or pick swaps with these guys, but I’d be happy to get guys on expiring contracts and add salary cap flexibility starting next offseason.

IF they do decide to trade Donovan, they should wait until next offseason. I’d like to see what a revamped roster and new system under Hardy looks like before they move on from him.