What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

They’ve been like a ball bounce away from the eastern conference finals twice. It hasn’t always been pretty but they had possibly the weirdest run of bad luck with Ben, Markelle, and they whiffed on Okafor… bunch of failed trades… still have Harden, Embiid, Maxey and will have as good a shot at the finals this year as we ever had. It’s a damn good run… they don’t all end in trophies but they’ve certainly had a couple chances.

And those two semifinals were more competitive than anything we’ve played in in the semis, despite being up 2-0.

This coming year, the Sixers could be very good. They dumped three bums (Green was fairly cooked) and added Tucker, Melton and House.

Wait! Does Vegas not know that DM is an all time top 5 playoff scorer? All time!
New coach
All Star traded
All Star linked to rumors
Roster construction underway
New jerseys

There's a lot in motion right now, and you're gonna site the odds on July 5th and use it to somehow take shots? Interesting

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Vanderbilt makes this kinda interesting. Ideally I'd want one more wing that we don't have to do:

Don/Bev/Blank?/Collins/Vanderbilt

That could be interesting. I prefer just tearing it all down... but this would at least be interesting.
@Saint Cy of JFC say we add in Yuta to the starting lineup above... what ya think?

lmao.

I dont like him that much, but I guess at this point there might not be better options.
Was just thinking what big wings were out there… new coach so maybe we try some switching… we also have full MLE… could sign the Heat Martin Twin.

New coach
All Star traded
All Star linked to rumors
Roster construction underway
New jerseys

There's a lot in motion right now, and you're gonna site the odds on July 5th and use it to somehow take shots? Interesting

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I see you are already working on your excuse list for next year.

Was just thinking what big wings were out there… new coach so maybe we try some switching… we also have full MLE… could sign the Heat Martin Twin.
I’d rather not use the MLE this year. Nobody out there really feels like it’s worth using up the rest of our cap space for them.

Instead, the Jazz should look at using their cap space and two trade exceptions to take players into their cap for a team looking to duck the tax at the deadline. In fact, I’d try to cut salary by making moves that get us off Conley, Bogey, Clarkson and Gay. Try to open up a little bit more cap space in the process so you can use two of those trade exceptions (Jingles/Royce) to add additional assets.

I’d rather not use the MLE this year. Nobody out there really feels like it’s worth using up the rest of our cap space for them.

Instead, the Jazz should look at using their cap space and two trade exceptions to take players into their cap for a team looking to duck the tax at the deadline. In fact, I’d try to cut salary by making moves that get us off Conley, Bogey, Clarkson and Gay. Try to open up a little bit more cap space in the process so you can use two of those trade exceptions (Jingles/Royce) to add additional assets.
I'd hold on to that for in season but if something came up now then sure.

I think you could get a value deal on someone like Martin and have it be an asset too. Do like a three year 20M deal that descends and has a team option at the end... the few players still out there might be running out of options.

I just don’t see that but by the amount of people agreeing with you I must be in the minority.

If adding Collins/Ayton leaves us outside of the playoffs still then we are going to need 4-5 years of tanking maybe more. Our next 3 picks we can only hope to be as good as those three.
I just don't think you can throw those three together with a new coach and gel immediately. I suspect it would take a year at least to figure stuff out and patch whatever holes show up. I think you will have talent and young talent, but so does New Orleans and they seem to spin out of control a lot.

I'd hold on to that for in season but if something came up now then sure.

I think you could get a value deal on someone like Martin and have it be an asset too. Do like a three year 20M deal that descends and has a team option at the end... the few players still out there might be running out of options.
I’m not sure you can get Martin for that, but I’d be open to a deal like that. Just don’t want to tie up cap space moving forward on another overpriced vet that can’t get off the bench like Favors or Gay. Save the MLE for next year when you open up a lot more flexibility. Still think cap space is going to be the most valuable commodity at the trade deadline.

I’m not sure you can get Martin for that, but I’d be open to a deal like that. Just don’t want to tie up cap space moving forward on another overpriced vet that can’t get off the bench like Favors or Gay. Save the MLE for next year when you open up a lot more flexibility. Still think cap space is going to be the most valuable commodity at the trade deadline.
We don't have space... we have TPEs though.

The other option is you could take the MLE and split it and give Hernangomez a 3/10M deal with team option on last year... same for a guy like Yuta... and you may end up with a good value that helps future planning or becomes a trade asset.

Yeah most of the guys worth the MLE or tax payer MLE are already off the market.

We don't have space... we have TPEs though.

The other option is you could take the MLE and split it and give Hernangomez a 3/10M deal with team option on last year... same for a guy like Yuta... and you may end up with a good value that helps future planning or becomes a trade asset.
This is correct. Not sure what I was thinking. We’re $11 million below the tax line. I’d like to see them use strategic trades to get further below that line so we can use both trade exceptions to gain assets at the deadline.