What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I don't see how DM can get to the Nets. Simmons value has hit such a low mark at this point, the Nets would have to really take a hit on trading him to another team to facilitate DM.
The Nets might value him enough to move Durant and Simmons.

I don't see how DM can get to the Nets. Simmons value has hit such a low mark at this point, the Nets would have to really take a hit on trading him to another team to facilitate DM.
His value is low but he isn't a negative asset yet. He shouldn't be hard to move assuming they aren't looking for a huge return.

So Brooklyn wants Mitchell, another good player and a bunch of picks? What does that leave for Utah? There are just not enough FRP to go around. I can't see how Donovan ends up in Brooklyn.

FWIW:
Utah and Miami have not spoken to each other since Thursday night of last week. Miami has a strong package for Spida however Utah has gone cold for a while, Miami does feel that nothing else can be done on that front unless he asked out of the situation which is already common knowledge around the media.

If Spida becomes available they will pull offer on Brooklyn and move towards that package instead as its not as steep to get.

FWIW:
Utah and Miami have not spoken to each other since Thursday night of last week. Miami has a strong package for Spida however Utah has gone cold for a while, Miami does feel that nothing else can be done on that front unless he asked out of the situation which is already common knowledge around the media.

If Spida becomes available they will pull offer on Brooklyn and move towards that package instead as its not as steep to get.

Source?

So Brooklyn wants Mitchell, another good player and a bunch of picks? What does that leave for Utah? There are just not enough FRP to go around. I can't see how Donovan ends up in Brooklyn.
I'd imagine that it'd be Utah sending Don to Brooklyn while getting a pick or two from Phoenix then getting something from the team that took Ben Simmons.

What if Ben went with KD to Phoenix? I have no idea what Ben’s value is… it’s a falling knife. Brooklyn gets Bridges, Don, Ayton… phx get KD and BS… we take all the Phx picks and swaps plus whatever contracts they need to use to match… from both sides.

Listened to a Heat podcast and they are like “why are we giving Herro???? Murray got 3 picks… we give Duncan and some picks… we are in the driver seat here… who wants this guy”

It was hilarious… NY pod guys say they don’t want to give the big package now because they will surely get him later…

I hope Danny sends him somewhere else and we get a ton of picks from another team… so arrogant and so many assumptions.

The only urgency I have is Beal and Fame will be traded in the next 12 months… right now Don is the best second place trophy… at the deadline there might be a bit of market saturation.

I do hope Don stay and we add one or two pcs to make the team competitive. We sucks in the past mostly because the duo we set up did not work. Now give the key to Don and see what he really got. We won't get an all star player at this level ( except lucky draft) in Utah soon.
And for Rudy nostalgic people let's see what he is doing in Minny. My french friend always say that Rudy was misused at Utah and that he is much better than what we saw. I like Rudy a lot but i think he don't do better at Minny. Minny might be very good but it will be because of the 5 good players they got ( including Rudy).

I’m sure I’ll probably get cooked for this, but if Utah ultimately decides to hang on to Mitchell and retool around him, I just don’t see there being this massive drop off that both fans and media are so certain of.

If keeping Mitchell ends up being the move, I think Ayton ends up in Utah and possibly Collins too. I like a Don/Ayton/Collins core more than I like a Don/Rudy/Conley core. I don’t undervalue Rudy, and realize that our rim protection will NEVER be the same, but when adding Vanderbilt, Beasly, and hopefully Beverly into the equation, I think we’ve drastically improved our perimeter D as well as our offense. Rudy is a future HOF’er and 27 will hang from the Vivint rafters someday, but this team was never correctly built to maximize Rudy’s strengths come playoff time.

If Ayton and Collins are both added, Ainge should be able to make that happen without sending away every single draft asset gained from the Rudy deal. So it’s not like we will have added these 2 players and we’re right back to square one with no assets. Also, I’ve said it in another post but it bears repeating: While the Jazz didn’t get a single all star out of the Rudy deal, I think we’re really overlooking the players we acquired in that trade. There’s some value there.

I’m sure I’ll probably get cooked for this, but if Utah ultimately decides to hang on to Mitchell and retool around him, I just don’t see there being this massive drop off that both fans and media are so certain of.

If keeping Mitchell ends up being the move, I think Ayton ends up in Utah and possibly Collins too. I like a Don/Ayton/Collins core more than I like a Don/Rudy/Conley core. I don’t undervalue Rudy, and realize that our rim protection will NEVER be the same, but when adding Vanderbilt, Beasly, and hopefully Beverly into the equation, I think we’ve drastically improved our perimeter D as well as our offense. Rudy is a future HOF’er and 27 will hang from the Vivint rafters someday, but this team was never correctly built to maximize Rudy’s strengths come playoff time.

If Ayton and Collins are both added, Ainge should be able to make that happen without sending away every single draft asset gained from the Rudy deal. So it’s not like we will have added these 2 players and we’re right back to square one with no assets. Also, I’ve said it in another post but it bears repeating: While the Jazz didn’t get a single all star out of the Rudy deal, I think we’re really overlooking the players we acquired in that trade. There’s some value there.
Agreed. I think Beasley and Beverly both have trade value with their expiring deals. We currently have $52M in expirings so if we do decide to go full tank mode we could potentially take on a ton of bad salary to add more draft picks.

That will be a good news if Don decide to stay. After that i trust Danny to put around him some better players to compete. And if on top of that Don decide to play defense as well, cherry on the cake !!