What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Nope Gobert did now he is traded so they won't happen again
Can't be exploited in the playoffs if you don't even make the playoffs.
smart-thinking.gif

Again an excuse from the cult of Gobert
You're a bad troll. You'll get no more engagement from me.

Joker owns Rudy he is the 2 time mvp and can play both sides of the ball. Gobert isn't on the Joker's level
Again, duh. MVP is different than DPOY but what does that have to do with anything. Yay, the best player overall in the NBA is better than the arguably best defensive player in the NBA.
I don't get your point. Is that supposed to prove Rudy is a bad player?

Anyway I'm done with this. Back to where the Jazz go from here and any rumors about it.

Again, duh. MVP is different than DPOY but what does that have to do with anything. Yay, the best player overall in the NBA is better than the arguably best defensive player in the NBA.
I don't get your point. Is that supposed to prove Rudy is a bad player?

Anyway I'm done with this. Back to where the Jazz go from here and any rumors about it.
It's not hard and don't twist the Gobert content. Jokic is way better than Gobert at all facets of the game. Maybe Gobert got the edge on d but that doesn't count because Gobert gets owned easily in the playoffs just ask Lu and Kidd

I'm tired that I got involved in the Rudy conversation. Ugh. Back to the present and future.

I think the smartest trade for Brooklyn would be sending KD to NOLA for Brandon Ingram and a ton of their picks. New Orleans instantaneously becomes a contender. It would be the best chance in the franchise's history to contend. For Brooklyn, they get an All Star, and NOLA could send them a ton of picks. They have I think 3 or 4 extra 1st round picks the next few drafts.
Would KD go to NOLA with the other star having played 85 games in 3 years? Is there any confidence Zion will even play? I would think he might veto that thing.

As a basketball fan, I’m excited to watch the tank. It was fun in the Core 4 era, wondering if Exum would be a star, etc. Also excited to see how the Rudy experiment works.

There’s some rumblings Toronto is the favorite to land KD. If Scottie Barnes is included in that trade, would you send Mitchell to the Nets for Barnes + filler?

As a basketball fan, I’m excited to watch the tank. It was fun in the Core 4 era, wondering if Exum would be a star, etc. Also excited to see how the Rudy experiment works.

There’s some rumblings Toronto is the favorite to land KD. If Scottie Barnes is included in that trade, would you send Mitchell to the Nets for Barnes + filler?
No chance that Toronto trades Barnes.

This is a bit over the top too. There are many ways to carry a team, and generally playoff wins are team wins. Did DM carry the Jazz to a win? I'm pretty sure that even though he played his guts out we still lose without the rest of the team, Rudy included. In the playoffs when teams break out their real schemes, then they devote most of their game plan to limit Rudy's impact... that should tell people how much "respect" they have for him. When they game plan to take him out of the series and force the rest of the team to beat them... doesn't that mean he is carrying the focus of the other team and now it's up to his teammates to help out and the coaches to counter?

I won't take anything away from DM, because he's on another level in the playoffs, but to discount the other teammates like DM is the only one doing anything out there, and to pin a donkey tail on Gobert for being the heart of the other teams scheme is disingenuous.

Let's all take a breath, and be happy or sad Rudy is gone and move on with our lives. The fact that we can talk basketball instead of Trump or some other stupid world event is a good thing. Let's not make basketball as divisive as everything else.
Well there is some evidence to this as well. The series Mitchell scored 50 in 2 different games, he allowed his counterpart to do the exact same thing. If you cannot stop anyone then you are in a shoot-out, and if the other guy has more bullets, well that's it you're done. That series was really the most eye-opening for our terrible perimeter D and how bad a pairing of Conley and Mitchell in the back court was for defense. Then we lost for the same reason to the Clippers, no perimeter D at all, with Gobert trying to cover for every other Jazz player who couldn't do anything to stop anyone. Then this year was the icing on the cake with Mitchell the traffic cone and Conley the hobbled old man who couldn't take a sideways step to save his life. We lost all of those series on team D, mainly no perimeter D, so no D from the guards and wings. That is the fact. The cold hard truth is our defense was deplorable, and otherworldly bad on the perimeter, and we never did anything to fix it. So Gobert couldn't cover for everyone, no one can play 1 on 5 defense.