What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Yep. Didn’t know we are still 21+M over the cap too.

Looks like we have almost 12M in tax space so I wonder if we would trade Conley’s 22+M salary for like garbage 27M that expires in 2023 and a 1st. Don’t see why we wouldn’t. Conley for Love is super close to the 125% and could make a lot of sense for both teams, no? They add a needed vet and presence and someone to replace Sexton. They save 5M this year. Maybe a 2026 1st which I’m cool with. Just not sure that’s worth a 1st to Cleveland and I also think it’s just outside the 125%.
I think they love Love. He had a miraculous resurgence last year and is a key piece for them. It's hard to find a good match right now. Things might just need to play out for a while.

Would love to figure out a way to make it a Sexton sign-and-trade but I'm not sure how that would really work.

Maybe… I think bogey has really good value too. Has a bigger contract. I would just be laser focused on premium draft assets. The lotto protected picks are fine but we can find those in salary dumps and selling off Beverly types… I’d rather lump a few guys to get and get a premium pick like those Laker picks will be than 4-5 other firsts. At some point it’s hard to efficiently use them all in trades and picking players.
Ex-****ing-zactly.

I think they love Love. He had a miraculous resurgence last year and is a key piece for them. It's hard to find a good match right now. Things might just need to play out for a while.

Would love to figure out a way to make it a Sexton sign-and-trade but I'm not sure how that would really work.
Beverley or Beasley for Sexton. I’m not adding any assets to get him. If they take it, great. If not. . . then I pass.

Beverley or Beasley for Sexton. I’m not adding any assets to get him. If they take it, great. If not. . . then I pass.
I think I'm with you on not sending any draft assets. At most I would send a late 1st or some 2nds (if we had any, which is exactly why we need to restock the cupboard).

But yeah, either of those pieces might actually just do the trick (depending on what we have after going hard after the Lakers draft stuff).

Undersized 5 who can't shoot.

You can turn first round picks into rentals of high quality starters like jerami grant or Malcom brogdon
And he’s cheap now which is nice but will get an extension when we flip the switch so won’t be as great of a value.

Undersized 5 who can't shoot.

You can turn first round picks into rentals of high quality starters like jerami grant or Malcom brogdon
So are Rondo and Simmons undersized 5’s? Was Kidd an undersized 5 most of his career?
Aren’t you just painting anyone that “can’t shoot” as a 5?

Is the Joker an oversized 1?

Sexton is the guy whose teammates or coaches or both basically said doesn’t understand how to play basketball his rookie year. The guy who the Cavs evidently have zero interest in re-signing.

Why the heck would we want that? Unless Danny thinks he is the perfect tank commander.

So are Rondo and Simmons undersized 5’s? Was Kidd an undersized 5 most of his career?
Aren’t you just painting anyone that “can’t shoot” as a 5?

Is the Joker an oversized 1?
He also doesn't handle the ball. He literally just goes out there and out hustles everyone, which is great! But limited. Also limited value for the Jazz since his utility as an ace switchable defender won't matter on a team that sucks horse ***.

Sexton is the guy whose teammates or coaches or both basically said doesn’t understand how to play basketball his rookie year. The guy who the Cavs evidently have zero interest in re-signing.

Why the heck would we want that? Unless Danny thinks he is the perfect tank commander.
1 - he's not a rookie and hasn't been for a long time
2 - the guy can pour in buckets efficiently and did so two seasons ago
3 - he's a hard worker
4 - buy low opportunity; the Jazz don't have to keep him forever, they could also flip him later.

I don't think the Jazz are approaching this from any other angle than that it might be a buy-low opportunity.

Cavs aren’t exactly the gold standard in talent evaluation, development, contract negotiating, or anything really…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you ever wonder how many bowling alleys they destroyed when they made these commercials?

3gLQjjq.gif