What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Is Vanderbilt the Artest/Tucker type who ppl wouldn’t **** with lest they risk death? The type to maybe start a fight. Because I would also love someone like that on the team.

If we get five firsts in 2023, hopefully one is #1 for Wemby, one is a long versatile wing who can do a bit of everything (a longer more athletic Hayward), one is a killer shooter, one is a badass lockdown defender who will start fights, and one is an instant offense type.

Is Vanderbilt the Artest/Tucker type who ppl wouldn’t **** with lest they risk death? The type to maybe start a fight. Because I would also love someone like that on the team.

If we get five firsts in 2023, hopefully one is #1 for Wemby, one is a long versatile wing who can do a bit of everything (a longer more athletic Hayward), one is a killer shooter, one is a badass lockdown defender who will start fights, and one is an instant offense type.
No.

vando is unique. he's not necessarily that type, but his motor might be the best in the league. he's sorta the dictionary definition of that cliche'd guy who can impact a game without scoring. but no, i wouldn't call him an enforcer or intimidator.

On ESPN700 Andy Larsen said the Jazz are receiving a lot of interest in Vanderbilt but they aren't receiving the kind of interest in Conley, Bogey, Beasley, Clarkson and Beverley that they thought they would, though he does think Bogey has more value than the other guys.

On ESPN700 Andy Larsen said the Jazz are receiving a lot of interest in Vanderbilt but they aren't receiving the kind of interest in Conley, Bogey, Beasley, Clarkson and Beverley that they thought they would, though he does think Bogey has more value than the other guys.
I still look at that Lakers deal as super juicy for them and us. Supposedly the Indiana deal with Hield and Turner is dead because Lakers wouldn't pony up a second pick. Given that the Lakers have like 2 good players on their roster I really think Bev/Bogey/Vando/JC is a lot better than Turner/Hield... Turner is a better player than Vando but how you gonna bank on both Turner and AD being healthy? They need shooting, a bit, perimeter defense, and another guy that can create shots... we check all those boxes and they can still pursue Kyrie next year as a FA.

I would consider 27/29 unprotected picks for that package or 28 unprotected and swaps in 27/29.

Those guys will get more interest when rosters are more set, maybe even into the season when teams know if they might be a playoff team or in the hunt.

Those guys will get more interest when rosters are more set, maybe even into the season when teams know if they might be a playoff team or in the hunt.
I think Bogey gets a top 10 protected pick plus requisite expiring salary.

JC might be worth an expiring plus a second or two. Maybe you get a first from Phoenix for taking back some bad salary.

Bev is likely worth a few second rounders unless you take on future bad salary.

Mike might net an expiring contract of a bad player right now. He's the guy I keep and show teams he's still good. Wait for an injury.... he can work with the kids.

This is why I advocate going and getting Westbrook and firsts by packaging a bunch of those guys together. Maybe we tried and it isn't there for us... but come Sep 6th I'd like that Lakers trade announced please.

I think Bogey gets a top 10 protected pick plus requisite expiring salary.

JC might be worth an expiring plus a second or two. Maybe you get a first from Phoenix for taking back some bad salary.

Bev is likely worth a few second rounders unless you take on future bad salary.

Mike might net an expiring contract of a bad player right now. He's the guy I keep and show teams he's still good. Wait for an injury.... he can work with the kids.

This is why I advocate going and getting Westbrook and firsts by packaging a bunch of those guys together. Maybe we tried and it isn't there for us... but come Sep 6th I'd like that Lakers trade announced please.

So Conley and Bogey for LA’s 27 and 29 unprotected 1sts for Westbrook or something? Then we buy that psycho out?

I think BOgey/Conley/Clarkson all probably have more value at the deadline when teams know if they are actually competing or not.