What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I've heard lately that LAL can't sink a penny in the ocean. They Cleary need Shooting like Clarkson.
We're all impressed by those three victories. Let's be honest - players do their Job and that is great BUT this Team is not built for Championship We desperately need franchise talent like 1-5 pick or luck like Donovan at 13
THIS IS FO JOB to get those talent to UTH. Owner have also said lately we need to built through draft. So NOW we're waiting for Danny's next move.........

I'd be surprised if we make a trade any time soon now. Especially a trade with either Conley or Clarkson. That probably only happens if we hit a wall and start filling up the loss column. We can take our foot of the pedal when the playoffs start to become out of reach.

All of this kind of sets up well for us if you ignore our own draft pick (something that is tough to ignore... I see you @NUMBERICA ).

To make a trade now we need a solid offer... all the guys have increased their value. We have a much more credible threat of "we are fine being a competitive team... look at our record... so make a real offer."

We also could be opportunistic and go get someone another tanker is selling off... I wouldn't do it unless the price was phenomenal.

In almost exactly a month all our guys are trade eligible... a few weeks after that the guys that signed contracts league wide can be moved (for the most part). That is more likely when we make a pivot trade one way or another.

Didn't he airball a 3 immediately after making one?
The two he hit from from the corner... he shot one that missed everything above the break. If you have shot on an nba striped court you will know how different those two shots are.

I don't think he can shoot... but I want to see 200 corner threes from him this season.

All of this kind of sets up well for us if you ignore our own draft pick (something that is tough to ignore... I see you @NUMBERICA ).

To make a trade now we need a solid offer... all the guys have increased their value. We have a much more credible threat of "we are fine being a competitive team... look at our record... so make a real offer."

We also could be opportunistic and go get someone another tanker is selling off... I wouldn't do it unless the price was phenomenal.

In almost exactly a month all our guys are trade eligible... a few weeks after that the guys that signed contracts league wide can be moved (for the most part). That is more likely when we make a pivot trade one way or another.
Honestly all of this.

Everything is still there for us. We could still quite easily tank, and we could not, but that's what ****s with anyone trying to leverage us.......they now have none. They dont know up from down with us and cant size us up. If you want a deal with us, do a solid, straight deal or GTFO. Honestly this start is killer for us, we have nothing to really lose either way. Wemby isnt promised to anyone.

The Lakers probably want Olynyk, so it may be a wait... which brushes dangerously close to a lost season for LA.

I think the danger is too great. I think they pull a trigger on a trade with the Jazz before that where we move Beasley, Conley, and Gay.

I would like to point out the stats of the two untouchable players from the Bulls and Knicks of this past offseason.

Patrick Williams

5.7 PPG, 2 RPG, 33% from the field in 22.7 minutes per game.

Quentin Grimes

2 DNP’s

L O ****ING L
Grimes has a hurt foot.

I would like to point out the stats of the two untouchable players from the Bulls and Knicks of this past offseason.

Patrick Williams

5.7 PPG, 2 RPG, 33% from the field in 22.7 minutes per game.

Quentin Grimes

2 DNP’s

L O ****ING L
Pat Williams is off to a really bad start... Grimes just an injury so whatevs... but man Markanaan, Vando, Kessler are making the Don and Rudy trades look great so far. All any pundits talked about were the picks... if we cashed in Lauri, Vando right now it'd take a few unprotected picks (not that we would or we should try to just wanted to translate players to picks for measurement purposes).

Honestly all of this.

Everything is still there for us. We could still quite easily tank, and we could not, but that's what ****s with anyone trying to leverage us.......they now have none. They dont know up from down with us and cant size us up. If you want a deal with us, do a solid, straight deal or GTFO. Honestly this start is killer for us, we have nothing to really lose either way. Wemby isnt promised to anyone.
I don't think we can tank to a level that some (myself included) would prefer but a move to take us to 5th or 6th is still something I can see happening. Just pray Karma helps us or basketball gods or some ****. Conley is providing value on court and as a mentor... JC, Vando, Kessler, Lauri all could be part of the next Jazz team that makes the top 6... so if they drive winning so be it I guess.

The Lakers probably want Olynyk, so it may be a wait... which brushes dangerously close to a lost season for LA.

I think the danger is too great. I think they pull a trigger on a trade with the Jazz before that where we move Beasley, Conley, and Gay.
Lakers are going to be in full on panic mode in a week... which isn't great timing as you alluded to. I think if they do a panic deal its the Indiana trade... but Turner is already hurt... not sure that's the guy they want to bank on with their picks. So maybe we find a deal that works IDK.

I don't think we can tank to a level that some (myself included) would prefer but a move to take us to 5th or 6th is still something I can see happening. Just pray Karma helps us or basketball gods or some ****. Conley is providing value on court and as a mentor... JC, Vando, Kessler, Lauri all could be part of the next Jazz team that makes the top 6... so if they drive winning so be it I guess.

4th has a 48.1% chance at a top-4 pick

5th has a 42.1% chance at a top-4 pick

6th has a 37.2% chance at a top-4 pick

7th has a 31.9% chance at a top-4 pick

8th has a 26.2% chance at a top-4 pick

Just wanted to throw these numbers out there for discussion. Houston and OKC are both already 0-3 and are looking pretty bad.

Pat Williams is off to a really bad start... Grimes just an injury so whatevs... but man Markanaan, Vando, Kessler are making the Don and Rudy trades look great so far. All any pundits talked about were the picks... if we cashed in Lauri, Vando right now it'd take a few unprotected picks (not that we would or we should try to just wanted to translate players to picks for measurement purposes).
Pat Williams is a low motor player too. One of those guys that got drafted high due to physical profile but has limited skills and plays with no energy.

He played in the final preseason game and Knicks fans are calling it a mysterious foot injury.
And he missed the first three preseason games with it. Been bugging him a while, seems like the Knicks are downplaying it, but it is clearly the reason he is missing games.

And he missed the first three preseason games with it. Been bugging him a while, seems like the Knicks are downplaying it, but it is clearly the reason he is missing games.

Why are you defending Grimes so hard lol. It was literally meant as a joke and we ended up with Lauri because of the Knicks incompetence.

Just wanted to throw these numbers out there for discussion. Houston and OKC are both already 0-3 and are looking pretty bad.
FWIW the team with the 7th worse record has gotten lucky with the lottery balls moving up to a top 4 pick every year since they implemented the new system in 2019. Pelicans won the Zion lottery with the 7th worst record.

If our young guys were "too good" and we end up 6th or 7th after selling off the vets at a decent price... then I'm fine with a mediocre *** tank. The draft should be fairly good and even if we stayed at 6 or 7 I feel we can hit pay dirt.

Minny is off to a sluggish start... Brooklyn and Philly both look like they could struggle more than anticipated. IDK maybe we are okay?

If our young guys were "too good" and we end up 6th or 7th after selling off the vets at a decent price... then I'm fine with a mediocre *** tank. The draft should be fairly good and even if we stayed at 6 or 7 I feel we can hit pay dirt.

Minny is off to a sluggish start... Brooklyn and Philly both look like they could struggle more than anticipated. IDK maybe we are okay?
We also have enough capital to trade up to just about any spot we want within reason.