What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'd really like college bball to start soon so I can get hyped on some prospects.

We also have enough capital to trade up to just about any spot we want within reason.
If this year's draft sets up like some think it will I am not sure we will be able to move up from like the mid 20s late teens to the late lotto at a cost that I would pay anyway.

At very least I'd like our pick to be in the mid lotto and be able to use other stuff to jump to the 12-15th range (assuming the Minny and phi/bkn picks are in the 20s).

If this year's draft sets up like some think it will I am not sure we will be able to move up from like the mid 20s late teens to the late lotto at a cost that I would pay anyway.

At very least I'd like our pick to be in the mid lotto and be able to use other stuff to jump to the 12-15th range (assuming the Minny and phi/bkn picks are in the 20s).

I was more so thinking like moving from 8th to 3rd or something like that.

Start getting hyped for upperclassmen who are going to fall to the 20's, cuz that's who the Jazz are going to be in line for.
We'll see... Minny beat OKC twice... once barely the second time when they say SGA.

If Silver is serious on getting tough on tankers OKC playing Mike Muscala like 10 minutes a night when he is way better than any other center on their roster in addition to yanking SGA in and out of the lineup is a place #1 to investigate imo.

We'll see... Minny beat OKC twice... once barely the second time when they say SGA.

If Silver is serious on getting tough on tankers OKC playing Mike Muscala like 10 minutes a night when he is way better than any other center on their roster in addition to yanking SGA in and out of the lineup is a place #1 to investigate imo.
The NBA has the market cornered on limpest dicks. Zero chance anything at all comes from this. Most certainly not this year.

The NBA has the market cornered on limpest dicks. Zero chance anything at all comes from this. Most certainly not this year.
I generally agree... I think there will be complaints from other teams that get loud this year that may change things in the future or at very least lead to some strongly worded memos (sarcasm).

It's probably a good thing I'm not GM...I'm so desperate to get rid of Gay that I'd throw in Beasley just to get it done. Really, really want those minutes to go to Fontecchio and *hopefully* Agbaji.

Beasley can get hot with his shot but tbh I don't really see anything else he adds to the mix. Some team desperate for shooting could really use him though.

It's probably a good thing I'm not GM...I'm so desperate to get rid of Gay that I'd throw in Beasley just to get it done. Really, really want those minutes to go to Fontecchio and *hopefully* Agbaji.

Beasley can get hot with his shot but tbh I don't really see anything else he adds to the mix. Some team desperate for shooting could really use him though.
I think the idea of Beasley is better than actual Beasley. I think his shooting will pick up but I see him as like a poor man's version of Tim Hardaway Jr. Less excited about him on ball than THJ but I think he is a slightly better defender... or at least he looks like he is trying there I guess.

I'd move him for value as I don't want to pick up his option... I'd rather use that space to acquire picks or players with more upside.

A deal we definitely would not do... but that I'd consider is Mike, Beasley, Gay for Russ and some seconds and a swap with the pick the lakers have this year. LA gets the lesser of the NOP or their own pick... I'd love to have the option to swap the Philly/BKN pick or the Minny pick with the backend of the swap NO owns. I think it would move us up 4-5 spots potentially in NO struggles with health. Worst case scenario we have opened up another 20M in space and likely aided the tank by quite a bit. LA can salvage their early season and potentially repackage the players later if a big opportunity arise with their picks (it won't).

I'm fairly certain we can get a first for JC at some point if we want and that we can get one for Vando... I'd use a Lakers deal to clear the roster a bit.

Sadly Conley looks like he is losing more value than gaining. He's still a great game manager type, but no one wants a 20+ million game manager who will get cooked by anyone with size and can't hit his shots.

I'm also fine keeping JC long term. He has shown some nice improvements as a passer and is more committed as a defender. He's a legitimate good vibes guy (not like some fake good vibes guys) and has clearly bought in.

I'm also fine keeping JC long term. He has shown some nice improvements as a passer and is more committed as a defender. He's a legitimate good vibes guy (not like some fake good vibes guys) and has clearly bought in.
He will continue to be a great sparkplug off the bench once we get the starting 5 we really need, no doubt. I am a fan. It would take some great value to consider moving him, on the order of 1st round pick(s) and other assets.

Sadly Conley looks like he is losing more value than gaining. He's still a great game manager type, but no one wants a 20+ million game manager who will get cooked by anyone with size and can't hit his shots.
Should not have played him last night... that was so dumb. Could tell he had no legs and didn't want to shoot it... guys dropped under the screen and he wasn't even thinking about it.

Need to really manage his games played so when he does his legs are live. I think his 3 point shot comes around.

I think the idea of Beasley is better than actual Beasley. I think his shooting will pick up but I see him as like a poor man's version of Tim Hardaway Jr. Less excited about him on ball than THJ but I think he is a slightly better defender... or at least he looks like he is trying there I guess.

I'd move him for value as I don't want to pick up his option... I'd rather use that space to acquire picks or players with more upside.
Same.

Maybe I'm just infatuated with the idea of Agbaji since he was a lottery pick for crap sake. After watching him at Kansas and in the summer league his skill and size might overlap with Beasley a bit although Agbaji seems to be the more athletic player from the glimpses I've seen.