What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Olynyk's been good, but I still think Conley is the head of the snake for us. Despite his poor shooting, he's doing a terrific job leading the team and running the offense. Replacing him in the starting lineup with Sexton would do wonders for the tank. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll be able to move him this season.

Olynyk's been good, but I still think Conley is the head of the snake for us. Despite his poor shooting, he's doing a terrific job leading the team and running the offense. Replacing him in the starting lineup with Sexton would do wonders for the tank. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll be able to move him this season.
Why would Sexton taking over there make the tank better? I think there is a misconception out there surrounding Sexton and his ability to run an offense. Is he Trae or Ja nope, but he can easily be Rose or Wall

Why would Sexton taking over there make the tank better? I think there is a misconception out there surrounding Sexton and his ability to run an offense. Is he Trae or Ja nope, but he can easily be Rose or Wall

Because at this point Conley is a MUCH better point guard than Sexton. We would lose way more games with Sexton running the team than we will with Conley.

Jazz waited too long to trade Bogey and it bit them.

They should offer Conley, Beasley and Gay to the Lakers for Westbrook, cash, a pick swap in ‘23, a pick swap in ‘27 and a couple of 2nd round picks.

Lakers get to keep their picks, but risk losing some value on them, while adding 3 +value shooters to their roster now and dumping the cancer that’s hurting them. Plus, they save several million $ in the process.

Jazz clear out $40+ million in cap space for next year (while taking the hit now and buying out Westbrook) and they get a couple of lottery tickets from the Lakers that may or may not pan out. Best part is they open up a pathway for a LOT more playing time for Sexton, Agbaji and Fontecchio.

If by Rose or Wall you mean post-devastating injuries Rose or Wall, sure.

If not, then my god man, Sexton isnt 1/10th as talented as either of those dudes.

Honestly the only move that really needs to be made to make this team complete *** is trade Kelly Olynyk. He is probably our MVP currently.
Funny you say this because before last game (after the first three wins) KO was literally dead last in plus/minus for the jazz.
Just checked that stat again with all games included. KO moved up to 2nd to last. Only player with a worse plus/minus than KO is THT.

They should offer Conley, Beasley and Gay to the Lakers for Westbrook, cash, a pick swap in ‘23, a pick swap in ‘27 and a couple of 2nd round picks.

Lakers get to keep their picks, but risk losing some value on them, while adding 3 +value shooters to their roster now and dumping the cancer that’s hurting them. Plus, they save several million $ in the process.

Jazz clear out $40+ million in cap space for next year (while taking the hit now and buying out Westbrook) and they get a couple of lottery tickets from the Lakers that may or may not pan out. Best part is they open up a pathway for a LOT more playing time for Sexton, Agbaji and Fontecchio.
I like it.

I like it.

Sexton, NAW, Bolmaro
Clarkson, THT, Agbaji
Markkanen, Fontecchio
Vanderbilt, Olynyk
Kessler, Azibuike

And then add a couple of guys who were recently cut and some 10-day guys. Look to trade Clarkson, Olynyk and maybe even Sexton and THT if the right opportunity comes around.

Jazz should still be focused on adding assets and maybe trying to build around Markkanen.

KO is also our leader in BPM. I just think KO makes the Jazz a very unique team that's hard to guard. Without him we are a lot less diverse and easier to guard. Plus KO is dirty as **** so he gives us that dirtball edge.

Kessler/Udoka would have days where they get absolutely cooked by the NBA and we would lose a ton of games.
So Kessler and Udoka need to play a LOT more.

#benchKO

Sexton, NAW, Bolmaro
Clarkson, THT, Agbaji
Markkanen, Fontecchio
Vanderbilt, Olynyk
Kessler, Azibuike

And then add a couple of guys who were recently cut and some 10-day guys. Look to trade Clarkson, Olynyk and maybe even Sexton and THT if the right opportunity comes around.

Jazz should still be focused on adding assets and maybe trying to build around Markkanen.
Eh, Clarkson is off my list. He is a keeper.

I still dont understand why 1 first round pick for all those players is too much to ask from us taking Westbrook off their hands and making them as deep as the Clippers?

I still dont understand why 1 first round pick for all those players is too much to ask from us taking Westbrook off their hands and making them as deep as the Clippers?
A.) I don’t think Conley or Beasley have enough value for an unprotected pick coming back.

B.) Rudy Gay is still a negative asset this year.

C.) Taking Westbrook as a buyout is the most valuable thing happening in this deal, and might be worth a great asset - but only if they’re willing to pay that. I don’t think they are. I’d rather have the $45+ million in savings next year for salary dumps or to take a value trade into cap space to build around Markkanen and our draft picks.

D.) If they work it out so they can use any of their current picks for the swaps, the Jazz could potentially land a great asset. It could bust, but it would be nice to have it as an option along with all the other picks we have coming our way.

How many
A.) I don’t think Conley or Beasley have enough value for an unprotected pick coming back.

B.) Rudy Gay is still a negative asset this year.

C.) Taking Westbrook as a buyout is the most valuable thing happening in this deal, and might be worth a great asset - but only if they’re willing to pay that. I don’t think they are. I’d rather have the $45+ million in savings next year for salary dumps or to take a value trade into cap space to build around Markkanen and our draft picks.

D.) If they work it out so they can use any of their current picks for the swaps, the Jazz could potentially land a great asset. It could bust, but it would be nice to have it as an option along with all the other picks we have coming our way.
I thought Westbrook only has this year left on his contract?

In a perfect Jazz world.

Jazz get Westbrook for Conley, Beasley, Gay, etc.

Westbrook in a small market with no pressure gets confidence back and plays remarkable.

Brooklyn & Philly both miss playoffs.

Minnesota is a play in team.

Jazz win the Finals. Westbrook says he was wrong about Utah and loves playing here, and signs a generous deal in the off-season.

Jazz get a lotto pick out of the Brooklyn trade, and a mid teens pick with the Wolves pick. They trade up into the top 10 and get a league ready stud.