What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Conley, Beasley, and Gay
for
Westbrook, a top 1 pick protected 2027 1st and any 2nd rounders they can give

Cut Westbrook, play the youth. Create much more cap space for next summer.
What happens if that pick is 1st? I really don't think the Lakers want it to defer to '28, since that means they can't trade '28 _or_ '29. If it means it just goes away, not sure I want that.

What happens if that pick is 1st? I really don't think the Lakers want it to defer to '28, since that means they can't trade '28 _or_ '29. If it means it just goes away, not sure I want that.
I think the Lakers would be over the moon that they got the first pick and wouldn't care that much.

I'm really frustrated that it took us so long to target Olynyk. I've been wanting to add him for years. Ugh

But back to the present, I wouldn't trade Lauri. Or Olynyk for that matter. I have never been a fan of the tank. Ever. Go out and try to win.

If we thin the roster out by shedding suspect contracts (like Conley and Gay), and we happen to lose a little more, that's understandable. Trading promising young players for more picks when we have a solid young core brewing is just unnecessary to me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

How many

I thought Westbrook only has this year left on his contract?
He does.

Conley, Beasley and Gay all have 2 years left in their deals. Beasley is a bit more flexible with the team option, but that only helps if you plan to let him go. I think it’s better to look at all of them as 2 year deals for trade purposes. (Same thing with THT, Olynyk and Clarkson).

Jazz can consolidate those 2 year deals for Westbrook and then clear out $45 million in salary cap space next offseason for a cap dump or opportunistic trade.

I think the Lakers would be over the moon that they got the first pick and wouldn't care that much.
Well, of course, but if they trade the '27 pick today (top 1 protected, else unprotected (or whatever) in '28), they can't trade any first round picks until '30. That takes away a lot of options for them. I think they'd much rather make it unprotected (or, we accept that it's top 1 protected, if it is top 1 it turns into all the 2nds).

Well, of course, but if they trade the '27 pick today (top 1 protected, else unprotected (or whatever) in '28), they can't trade any first round picks until '30. That takes away a lot of options for them. I think they'd much rather make it unprotected (or, we accept that it's top 1 protected, if it is top 1 it turns into all the 2nds).
I mean, the chances are pretty high it _won't_ be the 1st pick, so it ends up conveying to us, but in the meantime Lakers were stuck with no picks to trade.

Proposed Sacramento Kings Trade. I say no due to the Trey Lyles rule

cQZXsC.jpg

They start winning too much, they won’t admit that their roster is broken. Need to give them an exit ramp from that wreck right now and hope they take it. Otherwise, they will just admit it’s broken and punt until next year.
There is no way they punt to next year with the Pelicans getting their draft pick and LeBron at his current age.

Jazz really need the Lakers to start winning some games.
The Lakers are the only team Silver will allow to tank, to get Wemby in the big market. Gotta maximize the dollars, and Wemby in Utah doesn't do that.

Don't worry they will figure out a way around the whole pick going elsewhere thing.

The Lakers are the only team Silver will allow to tank, to get Wemby in the big market. Gotta maximize the dollars, and Wemby in Utah doesn't do that.

Don't worry they will figure out a way around the whole pick going elsewhere thing.
They won't. This is very bad. Jazz need to help LA.

The Pels control the Laker pick due to swap rights from that AD trade.

Because at this point Conley is a MUCH better point guard than Sexton. We would lose way more games with Sexton running the team than we will with Conley.
Like most reasonable people, I am sure you are basing this on Mikes extensive career playing the position, and Sextons lack of time on ball in Cleveland? He is more than capable of scoring at a higher level than Mike is now, and although he clearly is not proven as a floor general by any means , it seems fairly obvious to me, watching his mental decision making, hearing him barking out there on occasion over the past few seasons, and watching his game film from Cleveland when Garland was out. He has the chops to make it work. Don't see how Mike is really leading this team right now either, the offense is not really running through him for the most part at all, which kills your argument they would start losing adding a more efficient scorer in his place.
All that being said if Sextons oblique is major you won't see him at all for awhile.

If by Rose or Wall you mean post-devastating injuries Rose or Wall, sure.

If not, then my god man, Sexton isnt 1/10th as talented as either of those dudes.
Maybe not after injury ever reach that projection I guess, but he is paid well enough that he better be close to it by next season. Not sold you know much of anything about him though , as you clearly don't know the pulse of the players that were left on this team either

Maybe not after injury ever reach that projection I guess, but he is paid well enough that he better be close to it by next season. Not sold you know much of anything about him though , as you clearly don't know the pulse of the players that were left on this team either
He's getting paid 16 million a year and you think that means he is supposed to become John wall or Derrick Rose?

He's getting paid 16 million a year and you think that means he is supposed to become John wall or Derrick Rose?
I believe he will be worth more than his current deal if he reaches his ceiling for this team, but if he is relegated to being a bench microwave then no he will look to move on.
I think his ability to score in his season before the meniscus, was already on par with preinjury Rose. His speed and ability to push the pace is already on par with Wall pre injury, and he is a much better shooter than Wall has ever been, granted Sexton remains a far less capable defender.
So yeah in the simplist of views he is as good as both in his own right if he gets back to year 3 Sexton, and gets put at the 1 instead of having to play off ball or 6th man. When you watch how he played next to a far lesser version of Darius Garland than the one we saw last season with Sexton hurt he could have been better next to a true off ball wing just like Garland was better with Sexton out of his way.