What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

With regard to Toronto I like OG… but getting to the right salary gets really tricky without Trent in the deal… I can’t see them giving up both guys. Would be a good get for us of course. If you could get OG and cap filler plus a first that is about as good as you could hope imo. OG is basically what the highest end outcome could be for Deandre Hunter… who likely never gets that good.

Yeah, taking a quick look at their salary it’s either OG and Trent or they’re moving OG and 4 other players.

I posted a couple weeks ago about a OG/Trent for Gobert trade but it sounds like the Raptors wouldn’t go for that.

Fischer also states that Toronto values Siakam more than Gobert.

Yeah, taking a quick look at their salary it’s either OG and Trent or they’re moving OG and 4 other players.

I posted a couple weeks ago about a OG/Trent for Gobert trade but it sounds like the Raptors wouldn’t go for that.

In a trade negotiation, Toronto would be highly motivated to value Siakam over Gobert regardless. I could see it though.

Not if you want to go deep in the playoffs. He can be shut down or rendered inefficient by bigger, longer defenders. But he's a great #2 guy. He's like Brad Beal or maybe Damian Lillard.
I don't agree with that at all. He completely torched Denver, Memphis, and the Clippers. Yes he's got to defend better, but his offense isn't an issue.

We built around this pick and roll game that can be stopped. Conley can't create space/offense and the opponent just stays tight on Bojan. That leaves Royce and Rudy who can't do much without being spoonfed. When all of the other 4 are pretty easily nullified, Don has to be a miracle worker. In a 5 out offense, he would feast.

In this situation, Jazz might have to send Mitchell to Sacramento at #4, then move #4 and assets from Sacramento to Houston for #3. That assumes Houston is luke warm on Banchero and likes Ivey. It's a bit of a long-shot.

Or just see if Banchero somehow drops to #4.
I'd just take Sochan or Ivey at 4

I don't agree with that at all. He completely torched Denver, Memphis, and the Clippers. Yes he's got to defend better, but his offense isn't an issue.

We built around this pick and roll game that can be stopped. Conley can't create space/offense and the opponent just stays tight on Bojan. That leaves Royce and Rudy who can't do much without being spoonfed. When all of the other 4 are pretty easily nullified, Don has to be a miracle worker. In a 5 out offense, he would feast.

Mitchell is best in a 5-out set, true. But teams are going to make him score in isolation and he's going to have to score over bigger defenders. Another comparison would be Kyrie. He's a great 2nd-option, but he can't carry a team on his own. Maybe Mitchell just needs one more guy who is close to his level to play with, say like a Brandon Ingram. Then the two could create some space for each other.

In the end, a team needs an unstoppable offensive player, and someone with size and the ability to create some space will always have an advantage over a small guard. The playoffs have been dominated by 6'7" - 6'9" scoring wings -- Tatum, Brown, Butler, Doncic, Klay. Giannis is a freak, but he plays like a big wing.

Last edited:

OG and Trent would make sense for Toronto.

Then the Raptors can play massive lineups with Siakim/Gobert/Barnes in the front court.

They can start Yuta at the 2 guard and be an absolute defensive unit.

They would need some more shooting, but they have the 33rd pick on the draft that could be used to address that.

Mitchell is best in a 5-out set, true. But teams are going to make him score in isolation and he's going to have to score over bigger defenders. Another comparison would be Kyrie. He's a great 2nd-option, but he can't carry a team on his own. Maybe Mitchell just needs one more guy who is close to his level to play with, say like a Brandon Ingram. Then the two could create some space for each other.

In the end, a team needs an unstoppable offensive player, and someone with size and the ability to create some space will always have an advantage over a small guard. The playoffs have been dominated by 6'7" - 6'9" scoring wings -- Tatum, Brown, Butler, Doncic, Klay. Giannis is a freak, but he plays like a big wing.
I highly disagree with this notion that Mitchell is better with 5 out. His best offense is PNR and his best weapon is off the dribble 3's coming off screens.

With regard to Toronto I like OG… but getting to the right salary gets really tricky without Trent in the deal… I can’t see them giving up both guys. Would be a good get for us of course. If you could get OG and cap filler plus a first that is about as good as you could hope imo. OG is basically what the highest end outcome could be for Deandre Hunter… who likely never gets that good.
For some reason Raptors’ players are a complete blind spot for me. What might OG and Trent each fetch if they played their average production with healthy seasons next year? If the Jazz can flip them for picks then I am in. I would rather stop ****ing around with this dead-end build, but will accept a lame-duck season if we can still flip players for decent return later.

In the end, a team needs an unstoppable offensive player, and someone with size and the ability to create some space will always have an advantage over a small guard. The playoffs have been dominated by 6'7" - 6'9" scoring wings -- Tatum, Brown, Butler, Doncic, Klay...
With a more balanced roster built more towards realistic playoff basketball, Donovan would dominate. Of course we need a great two way player who can score which would make Donovan that much more effective.

Based off these rumors (OG and before Conley for LeVert).... what about?
We get out of the luxury completely.
Don, Trent Jr and OG could create a long future together.

1654013875793.png

Based off these rumors (OG and before Conley for LeVert).... what about?
We get out of the luxury completely.
Don, Trent Jr and OG could create a long future together.

View attachment 12159

I don’t know I’d rather have LeVert than the extra throws ins-in that deal.

Move Gobert/Conley/Royce and get back OG/Trent/LeVert/23 and I think we’d be close to ducking the tax.