What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Well if the interest is to try to bring him here and let him loose I would expect it would kind of take away from others currently more important to this rosters plans unless of course he is just taking the JC roll and he was traded somewhere else. Either way the only way I agree to trade Mike to them for Dlo, is if we fully expect Mike to be unreliable for them due to injuries all season.
Well I mean he wouldn’t be doing anything minutes’ wise that Conley isn’t already doing so I don’t see how it could hurt development. Also, that opposition post up play that exposes Conley as a mouse in the house will be their problem not ours.

Look if you can get a real first (not one of those top 27 protected firsts that turns into a second round pick) for any of:

- Mike
- Vando
- Beasley
- KO
- Maybe even Sexton - I love him but I get the roster fit potential issues that can come with a player like him... I'd want a good first for him and don't really think that is out there right now so I'm not super serious on this one.

then you do it.. as long as the contracts you take back aren't too bad.

Like say NY would do Beasley for Fournier and one of the firsts they own... sure... I do that.

Indiana wants to give us the Boston first they own this year for Vando.... Done!

Mike to LA for some combo of Kennard/Covington/Wall and a first... then Mountain Mike becomes Hollywood Mike.

The value in picks is easier to use in a trade to acquire real long-term pieces that fit. It provides more ammo that is easier to transfer. Get more ammo if you can... even if you already have a **** ton of it.
conley for kennard and a first. yes please.

conley for kennard and a first. yes please.
Based on connecting all the rumor stuff... I'd guess its RoCo and Wall for Mike. I think might just have to waive Wall... I think RoCo can be flipped or take the Gay minutes.

Might end up being Kennard and Wall, but I think if they do a Conley deal that Wall is likely involved as part of the matching salary.

I wonder what Indiana is thinking on Chris Duarte. Wonder if Vando for Duarte straight up or with a second would be a deal they consider. Struggled coming back from injury and is a bit of an afterthought when all of Haliburton/Hield/Mathurin/McConnell are all healthy. If we found a home for Beasley I'd be a fan of getting Duarte on a buy low type of deal.

I think if a Conley/Clips deal happens it's going to be like Wall/Covington/2nd rounder + either Preston or Boston Jr for Conley.

Pretty sure the Clippers only have a 1 available 1st to trade (could be wrong). I doubt they want to give up Kennard since they are going all in and he is a contributor.

I wonder what Indiana is thinking on Chris Duarte. Wonder if Vando for Duarte straight up or with a second would be a deal they consider. Struggled coming back from injury and is a bit of an afterthought when all of Haliburton/Hield/Mathurin/McConnell are all healthy. If we found a home for Beasley I'd be a fan of getting Duarte on a buy low type of deal.
I'd be very angry if we gave up Vando for Duarte and a 2nd.

Do we need a Dawg on our team? When I watched the replay of the Spurs/Nets game with Sochan and Morris going at it... I am not sure we have that guy that on our roster that sets the tone.

Vando can somewhat but I think we are going to have to draft some guys to fit that role.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inUeaqGS_tE

Hah. No I understand a comment someone made about Rodman still playing for San Antonio.

I'd be very angry if we gave up Vando for Duarte and a 2nd.
They have the Rockets second... so #31. I could see them moving that since they have like 26 and 30 as well. Duarte was good last year and fine to start the year.

Its funny that Chris will be on his rookie deal for 2.5 more years... and he is already like 2 years older than Vando though.

They have the Rockets second... so #31. I could see them moving that since they have like 26 and 30 as well. Duarte was good last year and fine to start the year.

Its funny that Chris will be on his rookie deal for 2.5 more years... and he is already like 2 years older than Vando though.
K, it being a Rockets 2nd would make it a bit more appealing.

PK actually made a point that hit home with me. The Jazz have done so well with trades this season that the law of averages say that there has to be some reversion to the mean. Maybe it's better to take our winnings and leave the table.

I’d be interested in the 2023 Clippers 1st that OKC can swap. Has the potential to be a pretty decent pick in the late teens.

PK actually made a point that hit home with me. The Jazz have done so well with trades this season that the law of averages say that there has to be some reversion to the mean. Maybe it's better to take our winnings and leave the table.
With Beasley and Vando I feel like its more like we are playing with house money. Those guys were kinda the throw ins... get another first for em and I'd feel pretty happy.