What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Cy will say the opposite of what the consensus is.

We all love Kessler so he started a stupid *** thread stating he shouldn’t play unless KO is traded.

We all want Kessler to start going forward and don’t really like watching KO so Cy made up that we really miss KO when we’re 6-3 without him.

We all don’t like watching THT so Cy purposely became his biggest stan.

You get where I am going with this.
I think there is only 1 poster on jazzfanz who I have seen get defensive when Rudy gay is criticized.

I just think we could sell high on Malik and finesse our way to getting a guy like Fournier or Robinson that provide a lot of the same things... while collecting assets on both sides of the transaction.

With OG... I think you can get the budget version of him at like 25% of the price... and we are at a place where the difference doesn't matter all that much.

Beasley to Memphis for Green, Tillman and the worse of their 2024 picks (they own GS and their own)

Danny Green stays on the roster to mentor Ochai and maybe we sign him next year... I still like Tillman... he's a solid backup 5 and cheap... and then the pick obvi.

I just think we could sell high on Malik and finesse our way to getting a guy like Fournier or Robinson that provide a lot of the same things... while collecting assets on both sides of the transaction.
100% in the trade Beasley camp, I dont think you need to replace him though. Just bring up NAW's minutes. I'd focus on draft capital or young rookie contract player.

I think OG has a legit chance at making another step in his career. Him and Lauri could be a dynamic 1/2.
That is baked into the premium you pay in the trade and that is kinda my issue... he has had the health issues... and on a team desperate for half court offense he has not taken that step. I haven't watched them much so maybe its on Pascal/FVV/Barnes.

I also think the price would be Beasley, Ochai and two unprotected picks... so he kinda has to take that step based on the price. If he goes to a team that starts to really worry about their ability to keep him I'd trade for him next deadline... but obviously that may not happen.

100% in the trade Beasley camp, I dont think you need to replace him though. Just bring up NAW's minutes. I'd focus on draft capital or young rookie contract player.
And that is fine too... I just think there is an opportunity for one of those guys to rehab their value in that role and you get a pick (or two) for taking on the deal. I also kind of like having the bench flamethrower but if you draft Jett or Dick that is a role you'd give to them off the bench.

I just would cash in on Malik if their is a first or interesting prospect on the table.

That is baked into the premium you pay in the trade and that is kinda my issue... he has had the health issues... and on a team desperate for half court offense he has not taken that step. I haven't watched them much so maybe its on Pascal/FVV/Barnes.

I also think the price would be Beasley, Ochai and two unprotected picks... so he kinda has to take that step based on the price. If he goes to a team that starts to really worry about their ability to keep him I'd trade for him next deadline... but obviously that may not happen.
I just think with Toronto you have a lot of similiarishly sized/skilled players who all take a lot of shots and kind of play in similiar spots on the court. OG is 4th on the team in shots, and that's right in front of Scottie Barnes (who prior to this year had just insane hype about him being HIM). IDK, they are just a very strange team to me and I can see why OG has stalled out because I think it's a team of players who are all trying to be the guy who takes that next step.

In Utah he would be the clear #3 behind JC/Lauri. He'd have an opportunity to surpass JC the following year. Feel like he could get a lot of opportunity here and his game fits.

Also, I think a core of JC/OG/Lauri/WK would be pretty formidable. Then you can use your two picks (this is assuming it takes the Brooklyn pick) to fill in the roster with high end talent. You also still have plenty of ammo to trade for a star should they become available.

THat' front court trio wingspan would be 6'11, 7'2, 7'4

Bobby Marks just posted a trade deadline watch for every EC team. He posted one trade each team should do. Two involved the Jazz:

Brooklyn trades Day’Ron Sharpe, Kessler Edwards and Philadelphia’s 2027 top-8 protected 1st for Jarred Vanderbilt.

Miami trades Dewayne Dedmon and their 2023 top-14 protected 1st for Jarred Vanderbilt.

He just did the WC side of this. Four involved the Jazz:

Memphis trades Danny Green, Xavier Tillman Sr and a 2024 top-14 protected 1st for Malik Beasley.

New Orleans trades Garrett Temple, Jaxson Hayes and a 2024 top-10 protected 1st for Jordan Clarkson.

Dallas trades Tim Hardaway Jr and a 2027 top-7 protected 1st for Jordan Clarkson and Rudy Gay.

Memphis trades Danny Green, Kennedy Chandler and a 2024 top-10 protected 1st for Malik Beasley.

I wouldnt say OG is ideal though. Ideally I'd want someone with a bit more playmaking ability (like a Khris Middleton type), but OG is a great option with his combination of defensive and scoring ability.

Memphis trades Danny Green, Xavier Tillman Sr and a 2024 top-14 protected 1st for Malik Beasley.

New Orleans trades Garrett Temple, Jaxson Hayes and a 2024 top-10 protected 1st for Jordan Clarkson.

Dallas trades Tim Hardaway Jr and a 2027 top-7 protected 1st for Jordan Clarkson and Rudy Gay.

Memphis trades Danny Green, Kennedy Chandler and a 2024 top-10 protected 1st for Malik Beasley.
Just speaking to the Memphis trade, I'd gladly take Chandler over Tilman if it meant dropping 4 protection spots.

Yes to the Memphis deals... no to the others.

JC is worth at least a basically unprotected pick and expiring salary. Even then I'm likely a no... to take back bad salary on top of it is stupid.