What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I just think with Toronto you have a lot of similiarishly sized/skilled players who all take a lot of shots and kind of play in similiar spots on the court. OG is 4th on the team in shots, and that's right in front of Scottie Barnes (who prior to this year had just insane hype about him being HIM). IDK, they are just a very strange team to me and I can see why OG has stalled out because I think it's a team of players who are all trying to be the guy who takes that next step.

In Utah he would be the clear #3 behind JC/Lauri. He'd have an opportunity to surpass JC the following year. Feel like he could get a lot of opportunity here and his game fits.
I just don't see how he ramps up the offensive volume... some midpost stuff maybe but how efficient is that when you figure we have the number 4 offense. The defense is obviously great and would help a lot. I just think the jump is priced in to the purchase and it is not certain by any means.

If the two options we have are Beasley 2 unprotected picks for OG or Beasley Vando for Collins and a pick from Atlanta... I'm taking option #2 without thinking twice really.

I also hate the idea of trading for 2027 stuff. I want some immediate gratification, or at least in 2024.
I'm okay with it, but when you already have 6 picks in 27 and 29 I would prefer something in 24... we also have no picks next year so would be nice.

I just don't see how he ramps up the offensive volume... some midpost stuff maybe but how efficient is that when you figure we have the number 4 offense. The defense is obviously great and would help a lot. I just think the jump is priced in to the purchase and it is not certain by any means.

If the two options we have are Beasley 2 unprotected picks for OG or Beasley Vando for Collins and a pick from Atlanta... I'm taking option #2 without thinking twice really.
I thought it was Beasley/Sexton/pick? Or was it Ochai/Sexton/1st? I cant remember lmao.

EIther way, I think we put out a starting 5 of Mike/OG/JC/WK/Lauri we can be a 2nd round playoff team right away.

Last edited:
I thought it was Beasley/Sexton/pick?
The price someone said was Sexton/Ochai/Unprotected pick... I don't think that gets it done. I would understand us going for that but I would pass... its a fair price.

I think the more like price would be Beasley/2 unprotected picks/Ochai - I can see the price getting high and it would make sense for a team like Memphis or Phoenix that thinks they can win this year... NO too I guess but they are already good on the wing. I could see Memphis giving 2-3 meh picks and Zhaire Williams or Phoenix offering up expirings and 2-3 picks.

The price someone said was Sexton/Ochai/Unprotected pick... I don't think that gets it done. I would understand us going for that but I would pass... its a fair price.

I think the more like price would be Beasley/2 unprotected picks/Ochai - I can see the price getting high and it would make sense for a team like Memphis or Phoenix that thinks they can win this year... NO too I guess but they are already good on the wing. I could see Memphis giving 2-3 meh picks and Zhaire Williams or Phoenix offering up expirings and 2-3 picks.
I would be more hesitant with 2 unprotected picks. Would probably want to keep Ochai if we giving two picks.

I also hate the idea of trading for 2027 stuff. I want some immediate gratification, or at least in 2024.
My preference is getting picks farther out because it keeps us from having to have the commitment too soon and to mostly use them as value in trades. Being far enough out allows you to have some market value fluctuates and let’s you cash in when it’s inflated (and it’s almost always inflated).

My preference is getting picks farther out because it keeps us from having to have the commitment too soon and to mostly use them as value in trades. Being far enough out allows you to have some market value fluctuates and let’s you cash in when it’s inflated (and it’s almost always inflated).
If the pick has protections though... I hate being that far out. I think it hurts the value of the picks a ton in trade.

OG is potentially a 1.5 year rental though. That’s the biggest issue to me.
Yep. At this point there is no way I'm trading for a guy that is a free agent after next year unless the cost is dirt cheap. We can't afford to risk losing guys for nothing and I'm also worried about getting locked into a bad max or near max contract.

Jazz stuff starts at 8:50-ish. Not really worth watching because the posters on this board have been providing such astute analysis, this video by Bobby Marks pales in comparison to the sage wisdom of Jazzfanz

I haven't really followed the reporting on OG, but last I heard I thought they were asking for a package similar to Murray? Not worth it.

If you're going to spend big on someone from Toronto, it should be Siakam.

I absolutely love OG but not on a 1.5 year deal. I think our championship window is open at the earliest in the 2024-25 season (depending on few key additions)... and that is exactly when OG could walk out meaning all assets we give for him wont serve our window. Making us slightly more competitive for this and next season and getting inside track on resigning him are not worth those assets.