What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

They’re looking for a backup big. They might if we added Vando or KO. I’d take it even if it was lightly protected.
Vando might be interesting there ... the salary with Mike is hard enough on the matching. Adding in KO makes it more wonky.

I don't think DA does it without a legit first... so if its protected it needs to roll forward and convey later.

Vando might be interesting there ... the salary with Mike is hard enough on the matching. Adding in KO makes it more wonky.

I don't think DA does it without a legit first... so if its protected it needs to roll forward and convey later.
I think they can do a 28 swap and a 29 unprotected. Covington/Jackson would work salary wise for Conley/Vando (unless the trade checker is lying to me)

The magic are an interesting team to keep an eye on. They are finally healthy and may even be able to make a playoff push. The big weakness for them right now is the backcourt where they don't have a consistent scorer. A guy like Sexton could make sense for them since he is an established scorer on a good contract that fits the age of their core guys. I probably have an unwarranted fondness for Jalen Suggs even though he continues to struggle but I would see if they would consider a Sexton for Suggs and Bamba deal.

I think they can do a 28 swap and a 29 unprotected. Covington/Jackson would work salary wise for Conley/Vando (unless the trade checker is lying to me)

It would likely be Kennard/Jackson I think but Covington/Jackson does work.

They’re looking for a backup big. They might if we added Vando or KO. I’d take it even if it was lightly protected.

I would definitely give them KO+Gay for Kennard if the Conley deal doesn't get done. It's kind of a log jam with the undersized guards, but that would allow us to move Beasley more confidently.

Yeah but Jackson is still a guy I think can and will contribute for them.. we wouldn't want RoCo but he isn't like the worst contract so whatevs. I just am not sure THAT team should quadruple down on vets. IDK.

It would likely be Kennard/Jackson I think but Covington/Jackson does work.
I think it could be Kennard/Covington or they try and send Wall out somehow. I think Reggie is a better post season performer than Luke and Kennard is struggling to stay on the court again.

Here we go...

Mike/KO for Kennard/RoCo/Wall works. They give us an unprotected pick. We buyout Wall and send him home (I honestly think he is an issue there in the locker room and on court).

I hate having that much dead salary for next year with Gay, Wall, and maybe RoCo but not sure it prevents us from doing something in FA and could use some of those guys in sign and trades.

Someone offered them 3 firsts for OG and they turned it down??

View: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1617905696707584003

this is 100% the Knicks... guarantee it was their ****** protected first rounders. They likely bitching about how DA told Massai not to make a totally fair trade and both guys are being petty even though they have all the leverage.

My guess is it was like Fournier and the wiz, detroit, dallas picks they own. If it was 3 unprotected picks then they dumb.

Speaking of Dallas... that is the team that may want to consider ponying up here.

this is 100% the Knicks... guarantee it was their ****** protected first rounders. They likely bitching about how DA told Massai not to make a totally fair trade and both guys are being petty even though they have all the leverage.

My guess is it was like Fournier and the wiz, detroit, dallas picks they own. If it was 3 unprotected picks then they dumb.

Speaking of Dallas... that is the team that may want to consider ponying up here.
Yeah that was my first thought as well. Brilliant move by them to immediately capture the leverage, there’s no way another team could beat their offer.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, it has to be the Knicks with those protected firsts of theirs.