What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

They'd also have to move Capela for it to work.
Jazz receive: Capela, Hunter, Johnson, #13, #16
Hawks receive: Rudy, Bojan
Hornets receive: Capela

I'd target Mark Williams at #13 and Jeremy Sochan at #16.

Try to move Mike Conley as well...
Something like:
Jazz get Collins, Hunter, Plumlee, #15 and #16

Hawks get Rudy and Bojan

Hornets get Capela

We also save $15 million in the deal. Could we maybe pry Washington away from Charlotte instead of #16? fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-13-2022_7-13-18AM.jpg

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Only 10 more days... I'd assume that we want to have a head coach in place before draft night and the rebrand will be announced too.
We have no picks currently. I don’t think draft night is a deadline for us. All of us would want a pick… I think the front office is very much looking at swapping veterans… I don’t think they want a rookie.

We will buy a second round pick though… because it actually saves us money because of the tax.

We have no picks currently. I don’t think draft night is a deadline for us. All of us would want a pick… I think the front office is very much looking at swapping veterans… I don’t think they want a rookie.

We will buy a second round pick though… because it actually saves us money because of the tax.
We don't have any picks currently but if we move Gobert we could land 1-2 picks in the late lotter/mid 1st round.

I disagree that they don't want a rookie, Danny Ainge built the current Celtics core through the draft by drafting guys like Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams, G Williams, Pritchard, etc.

I'd prefer Jalen Johnson over Plumlee tbh and the deal could happen without Plumlee if the Hornets rennounce some of their FA's rights.
I don't think Charlotte would want to renounce Oubre just to take Capela.

Plumlee isn't great, but he could be a solid rotation big. He plays hard.

If we could get Jalen Johnson too, I'm all about that.

Charlotte can renounce Harrell and land Capela.
Don't they have to extend Bridges? I'd have to look closer, but I feel like they have to send something back.

If we could do what you're saying, then by all means let's do it. We would have enough space to take on more. Maybe we demand Huerter back since Atlanta would still have Danilo and Bogdon.

Or we let Charlotte keep their pick and we take PJ Washington back instead.

Don't they have to extend Bridges? I'd have to look closer, but I feel like they have to send something back.

If we could do what you're saying, then by all means let's do it. We would have enough space to take on more. Maybe we demand Huerter back since Atlanta would still have Danilo and Bogdon.

Or we let Charlotte keep their pick and we take PJ Washington back instead.

They currently have $13M in cap space and Harrell has a $12.6M cap hold so if they renounced Harrell's hold they'd easily be able to take on Capela without sending anything out.

I don't think Atlanta would be interested in moving Hunter, Collins, Capela, Huerter, and #16 for Rudy and Bogdanovic.

I think Washington is a possibility because he has been up and down and is due for an extension soon. Which might not be something they want to do if they have to extend Bridges and Ball soon too.

They currently have $13M in cap space and Harrell has a $12.6M cap hold so if they renounced Harrell's hold they'd easily be able to take on Capela without sending anything out.

I don't think Atlanta would be interested in moving Hunter, Collins, Capela, Huerter, and #16 for Rudy and Bogdanovic.

I think Washington is a possibility because he has been up and down and is due for an extension soon. Which might not be something they want to do if they have to extend Bridges and Ball soon too.
So we could potentially make it...

Utah gets Collins, Hunter, Washington and #15 (and $20 million in cap savings)

Hawks get Rudy and Bojan

Hornets get Capela

So we could potentially make it...

Utah gets Collins, Hunter, Washington and #15 (and $20 million in cap savings)

Hawks get Rudy and Bojan

Hornets get Capela

Would be pick #16 but yes, although not sure how great Washington/Collins fit together as neither is really a 5.

Would be pick #16 but yes, although not sure how great Washington/Collins fit together as neither is really a 5.
Yes. #16.

I think the goal would be to add as much young talent with potential as possible. It's conceivable that a new coach is good enough to find rotations where Collins and Washington can play together.

Yes. #16.

I think the goal would be to add as much young talent with potential as possible. It's conceivable that a new coach is good enough to find rotations where Collins and Washington can play together.

We'd have to move Conley in that scenario most likely and try to find a 2 guard.

We'd have to move Conley in that scenario most likely and try to find a 2 guard.
I agree. I think Conley gets moved no matter what. He still has some trade value.

Cleveland really doesn't have a fit I like. LeVert is a scoring 6th man type but I would rather have Clarkson in that role.

I'm intrigued by Washington. KCP could light a fire for our defense, but I don't know what else could come with him that we would need with Hunter, Washington and Collins on board.

Maybe Conley and #16 to Washington for KCP, a salary filler and #10?

I agree. I think Conley gets moved no matter what. He still has some trade value.

Cleveland really doesn't have a fit I like. LeVert is a scoring 6th man type but I would rather have Clarkson in that role.

I'm intrigued by Washington. KCP could light a fire for our defense, but I don't know what else could come with him that we would need with Hunter, Washington and Collins on board.

Maybe Conley and #16 to Washington for KCP, a salary filler and #10?

These moves and then Duren at #10 would be amazing.

Don - KCP - Hunter - Collins - Duren

Clarkson - Washington - Royce

We don't have any picks currently but if we move Gobert we could land 1-2 picks in the late lotter/mid 1st round.

I disagree that they don't want a rookie, Danny Ainge built the current Celtics core through the draft by drafting guys like Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams, G Williams, Pritchard, etc.
All the messaging has been we don’t want to take a step back. If we trade a vet or Rudy then the draft capital will reduce the bet talent returning. While I think they should go get a good prospect in the draft and cross they fingers… I think there is too much flux and they haven’t really been bringing in or interviewing any first round guys. I honestly think if they got a good pick they’d likely reroute it for veteran talent… I want it clear I don’t agree with this position but I don’t want to get my hopes up and wait on draft night for us to do nothing.

I think next year Danny gets his license to rebuild and is unleashed a bit. I think this is the Jefferson Harris in between year. Hopefully our guys hold their value. It’s Ryan’s fault not Danny’s doe.

They don't have cap space... unless they waive Plumlee, Oubre (both have partial guarantees still), waive capholds for Bridges, Martin (both who they want to keep), and Harrell. Even when they do that the space is closer to $15M... I'm guessing they wouldn't really be excited to move all those guys to accept Capela to help us.

The picks they have will have cap holds and they still have $9M of Batum on the books. They are going to be closer to the tax than to having space.

They don't have cap space... unless they waive Plumlee, Oubre (both have partial guarantees still), waive capholds for Bridges, Martin (both who they want to keep), and Harrell. Even when they do that the space is closer to $15M... I'm guessing they wouldn't really be excited to move all those guys to accept Capela to help us.

The picks they have will have cap holds and they still have $9M of Batum on the books. They are going to be closer to the tax than to having space.
Okay. If we have to take Plumlee and Washington (~$15 million), so be it I guess.