What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz players' names are already starting to surface in trade rumors. Let's compile and discuss them here.

Here's one to start, the Raptors are apparently showing interest in Gobert per Ian Begley. Tim McMahon at ESPN also reported that the Raptors would have interest in Gobert if he's made available.

Other teams with some reported interest in Gobert are the Warriors and Mavericks.

Jazz players' names are already starting to surface in trade rumors. Let's compile and discuss them here.

Here's one to start, the Raptors are apparently showing interest in Gobert per Ian Begley. Tim McMahon at ESPN also reported that the Raptors would have interest in Gobert if he's made available.

Other teams with some reported interest in Gobert are the Warriors and Mavericks.

Rumours are swirling here in Toronto definitely don't know if they will amount to anything substantial

I like Hunter a lot. Would pair nicely with Donovan for the long term.

If we could get Collins and Hunter for Rudy, wow. I would even add Conley for Capela if that was needed to make it work.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd also want #16 so we can get another young player in here -- Hardy, Williams, Sochan, Dieng, Jovic, Moore, etc. Let's see what kind of market Ainge can create.

Last edited:
Rudy and Donovan are two of the best players in the NBA that are perceivably available. There is going to be a lot of this.

Been reading a lot of these trade rumors that are posted up by these barf sites. I entertain myself with them even though I find most of them to be one sided and comical. They do however often use the players that are on the trade market.

I’ve also been reading a lot in the last couple of days that makes it seem to me the jazz may want to bring back both of their stars next year.

I’ve seen trades in the rumor mill involving NO and the jazz sending us graham, Nance, and a pick for Mike. Also saw another with Mike and a 1st to Indy for Brogdon. Then I thought about the deadline and the potential Igor and a 1st to Detroit who is rebuilding and wants picks for Grant.

My idea takes these ideas with a couple tweaks.

Utah Out: Clarkson
Utah In: Graham (necessary to get pick)/1st rnd

Utah Out: Conley/UT ‘26 1st
Utah In: Brogdon

Utah Out: Hernangomez/NAW (Package Joe)/Royce/NO 1st
Utah In: Grant

This gives New Orleans an upgrade for a 1st rnd pick, it gives Indy a 1st rnd pick and a shorter contract, it gives Detroit a young player, an expiring contract and a 1st rnd pick.

This gives the jazz the size at point guard that they have needed and the elusive defensive wing we sorely have needed.

Brogdon
Mitchell
Bogie
Grant
Gobert

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Been reading a lot of these trade rumors that are posted up by these barf sites. I entertain myself with them even though I find most of them to be one sided and comical. They do however often use the players that are on the trade market.

I’ve also been reading a lot in the last couple of days that makes it seem to me the jazz may want to bring back both of their stars next year.

I’ve seen trades in the rumor mill involving NO and the jazz sending us graham, Nance, and a pick for Mike. Also saw another with Mike and a 1st to Indy for Brogdon. Then I thought about the deadline and the potential Igor and a 1st to Detroit who is rebuilding and wants picks for Grant.

This gives New Orleans an upgrade for a 1st rnd pick, it gives Indy a 1st rnd pick and a shorter contract, it gives Detroit a young player, an expiring contract and a 1st rnd pick.

This gives the jazz the size at point guard that they have needed and the elusive defensive wing we sorely have needed.

Brogdon
Mitchell
Bogie
Grant
Gobert

I like that lineup ok, but I'm still of the opinion that Mitchell needs to be your worse defender in your closing lineup, and so if you keep Mitchell then you probably need to trade Bogie, or move him to a 6th man role. I'm also not sure how realistic Grant is for the package you described, it seems like he would have been dealt at the trade deadline if that's all they were looking for.

Brogdon
Mitchell
Bogie
Grant
Gobert

I don't know what we do with anybody else on our roster, but I would take Graham, Nance and a pick for Conley all day everyday.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep. I could see the trade being Gary Trent Jr and Anunoby for Rudy.
Look Ujiri turned Cold Matthew into a very solid second rounder... if yall think we gonna do well in a trade with Toronto i got news for you.

My guess is OG and cap fodder... maybe a pick... OG and Trent is about as solid as you can get for our needs. I'm hesitant to deal with Toronto.

Yep. I could see the trade being Gary Trent Jr and Anunoby for Rudy.

Look Ujiri turned Cold Matthew into a very solid second rounder... if yall think we gonna do well in a trade with Toronto i got news for you.

My guess is OG and cap fodder... maybe a pick... OG and Trent is about as solid as you can get for our needs. I'm hesitant to deal with Toronto.

I have mentioned that deal multiple times. It is best case scenario. Some people have mentioned Siakam which I would be fine with too but doubt it happens.