What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'd still try to pick up Cam Reddish from the Knicks. They don't play him and he's coming up on a contract year. He's a multi-positional defender if he keeps his head in the game.
I used to think he was a good buy low candidate... but i watched him play this year and... no thank you.

Two years from now both Conley and Gobert won't be on the Jazz and the Jazz will be a play in team built around Donovan and Lopo will still cite the Mike Conley trade as an excuse for Donovan's failures.

Another thread overtaken by negative posters who can't see any potential success with Donovan Mitchell because they are too attached to flawed system built around Rudy Gobert.

When, not if, but when we trade Rudy, we will change how we play. We'll start playing more like the teams that survived this year deep into the playoffs. Teams that prioritize roster flexibility, multiple scorers and shooters all over the floor for many of the minutes of the game.

Have faith people. There's no reason to go scorched earth.
We are basically starting from scratch to build the kind of roster you are talking about. Boston built their squad of switchy flexible dudes over like 6-7 years. Warriors even longer. Miami can pivot quickly because they can get free agents and are one of the best at finding and developing undrafted gems. We could be kinda like Dallas... One big time scorer and a bunch of 3 and D types.. but Donovan really isn't the scorer Luka is and definitely is not the passer he is.

We trade Rudy we might be the Dame Blazers that had Harkless, Aminu, and made one improbably run to the conference finals. You don't have to go scorched earth if that is your upside but you can understand why some would consider it the best path forward.

We are basically starting from scratch to build the kind of roster you are talking about. Boston built their squad of switchy flexible dudes over like 6-7 years. Warriors even longer. Miami can pivot quickly because they can get free agents and are one of the best at finding and developing undrafted gems. We could be kinda like Dallas... One big time scorer and a bunch of 3 and D types.. but Donovan really isn't the scorer Luka is and definitely is not the passer he is.

We trade Rudy we might be the Dame Blazers that had Harkless, Aminu, and made one improbably run to the conference finals. You don't have to go scorched earth if that is your upside but you can understand why some would consider it the best path forward.
Also Donovan isn't 6'9 like Luka is.

I browsed through. Same type vibe of "if we make miracles happen we can be an okay team".

I'm excited about a near future of playing modern day basketball. We should be optimistic.
The degree of difficulty is extremely high... merely being optimistic won't change that. I think that you think getting rid of Rudy takes some ceiling off this team that he has caused.... when I think it is quite the opposite... it removes the floor on how far down we can fall.

Those players had CJ and Nurk....

Lopo wants all 3&D without a true big. He wants to look like the Rockets the year they traded Harden mid season lmao.
Nurk was out during the playoffs that year iirc... but yeah... you need some bigs. This playoff has shown both the value of rim protecting bigs and stretchy bigs. I think if Williams is healthy GS may really struggle with Boston's size. Looney has been awesome but its a lot to ask.

Ain't gonna beat up on Lopo though. It is what it is. We have a 50/50 shot at seeing his vision of Donovan and wings... I'm just not sure why I am supposed to be optimistic that we can add these types of players when we have known this for a long time and whiffed over multiple years. Some on here acting like this is the first Tony Jones report of we will add flexible 3 and D types and be aggressive... we have been talking about it for 3+ years. We either haven't tried hard enough (doubt it) or been unsuccessful... or a little bit of both.

5 out and switch everything is great to have... but you still have to have someone (or everyone in Boston's case) do the stuff a traditional big can do... control the glass and protect the paint. Boston is second in the league in blocks and top 4 in rebounds. They add a lot of good perimeter defense with that but those things are crucial to their sucess. Raps are probably the most "modern" team but their defensive rating is the same as ours... It makes some sense they are looking for a center. Their offense was average so maybe if they had an offensive engine like Donovan it would be better. I just don't think you can look at our defense and say swapping out Rudy for 2-3 defensive wings and an average center will make our defense a lot better.

So does adding those wings (who can also shoot) while losing Rudy on offense make our offense super awesome? Our offensive rating was really high this year... even though we have no stretch bigs. Not sure that Rudy is the problem with our "inflexibility".

I know some of this is regular season vs. playoffs stuff... I get that but the last 4 standing were all top 6 defenses in the regular season. So this isn't an accident or switch flipping etc. The best 4 teams were all very good and connected on defense... if you think we trade Rudy and get better on defense... well I can't help ya.

Another thread overtaken by negative posters who can't see any potential success with Donovan Mitchell because they are too attached to flawed system built around Rudy Gobert.

When, not if, but when we trade Rudy, we will change how we play. We'll start playing more like the teams that survived this year deep into the playoffs. Teams that prioritize roster flexibility, multiple scorers and shooters all over the floor for many of the minutes of the game.

Lol i really think there's no help for you m8. There's no success with Don in jazz. Only blind ppl can't see this.Rudy got alot of flows and don't have any offensive game but Don is chooker nothing else nothing more. 30 players in ligue can do same or better or same with his usage. Blow all up if needs but if u keep Don as franshize player you are are delusinal if u think u can do more than r2

Donovan/OG/Trent trio is a great idea if we want to go that route. It’s best case scenario for a win now Rudy trade. If people can’t see that I don’t know what to tell them.

Lol i really think there's no help for you m8. There's no success with Don in jazz. Only blind ppl can't see this.Rudy got alot of flows and don't have any offensive game but Don is chooker nothing else nothing more. 30 players in ligue can do same or better or same with his usage. Blow all up if needs but if u keep Don as franshize player you are are delusinal if u think u can do more than r2

This is one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen. Donovan is one of the best playoff performers in league history let alone in the league today. There is a path forward to winning with Donovan. Surround him with guys who can score and play defense (OG and Trent) and we’re off to a great start.

5 out and switch everything is great to have... but you still have to have someone (or everyone in Boston's case) do the stuff a traditional big can do... control the glass and protect the paint. Boston is second in the league in blocks and top 4 in rebounds. They add a lot of good perimeter defense with that but those things are crucial to their sucess. Raps are probably the most "modern" team but their defensive rating is the same as ours... It makes some sense they are looking for a center. Their offense was average so maybe if they had an offensive engine like Donovan it would be better. I just don't think you can look at our defense and say swapping out Rudy for 2-3 defensive wings and an average center will make our defense a lot better.

So does adding those wings (who can also shoot) while losing Rudy on offense make our offense super awesome? Our offensive rating was really high this year... even though we have no stretch bigs. Not sure that Rudy is the problem with our "inflexibility".

I know some of this is regular season vs. playoffs stuff... I get that but the last 4 standing were all top 6 defenses in the regular season. So this isn't an accident or switch flipping etc. The best 4 teams were all very good and connected on defense... if you think we trade Rudy and get better on defense... well I can't help ya.

I don’t really agree with this. I think getting 2-3 perimeter defenders would make us better defensively if we are swapping them for Gobert. It has to.

The degree of difficulty is extremely high... merely being optimistic won't change that. I think that you think getting rid of Rudy takes some ceiling off this team that he has caused.... when I think it is quite the opposite... it removes the floor on how far down we can fall.
If we got OG and Trent for Rudy, I think we would likely have a better team for the playoffs than we have now. Perimeter play is key, and our current perimeter options are pathetic.

And we would need to be smart with a Conley deal. And maybe a Bojan deal.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan/OG/Trent trio is a great idea if we want to go that route. It’s best case scenario for a win now Rudy trade. If people can’t see that I don’t know what to tell them.
Not big on Trent though.... What about a 3 team trade with Toronto and someone else that wants Trent

Trade idea of the day... Washington will be finding a pg... they are the best suitor for Conley. We send Mike to Washington, Washington sends KCP and Ish Smith (salary filler) to Chicago, Chicago send Lonzo to us. We gamble on Lonzo's deal... Chicago rolls with Caruso and Demar/Zach as primary creators. Get an expiring and a wing defender/spacer.

We might get something that fits amazing or he might be broken. Its a big swing. He does a lot to address our needs if healthy.
Why wouldn't Washington just trade for Lonzo in this case? Kuz and him are buddies too