What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If the Warriors come up short in the finals I’d consider making an offer for Andrew Wiggins.

The majority of their roster are on expiring deals including guys like Looney, Porter, Iggy, and GP2.

The only players they have locked up long term are Curry, Klay, Draymond, Kuminga, Wiseman, and Moody who they have roughly $140M committed too. Wiggins will be on the last year of his deal at $33M and Poole is going into last year of his rookie deal as well. Would be a huge financial commitment to extend both while also trying to maintain depth.

Trading for Wiggins is a risk as it could potentially be a 1 year rental but if we’re committing to keeping Don/Rudy he’s probably one of the best players that we can realistically acquire.

Jazz receive: Andrew Wiggins
Warriors receive: Bojan Bogdanovic, Royce O’Neale, Gay/Herangomez

Jazz receive: Richaun Holmes, Patrick Williams, OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr, #18
Cavaliers receive: Mike Conley
Raptors receive: Rudy Gobert
Bulls receive: Bojan Bogdanovic
Kings receive: Caris Levert

I don’t think the bogie to Chicago for P Williams and the 18 pick is happening though. Chicago only makes that trade if they have cap space because the financials don’t work. They only have cap space if they don’t get LaVine to re sign. Also P Williams was the 4pick in 2020 so they are not going to give us a pick and him for bogie. I think we could get a first from toronto with Trent and OG and send that with bogie to Chicago for P Williams if they swing and miss in LaVine and any other good player in FA. I think the Jazz can get a 2nd rnd pick from Sacramento too.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Trade rumors are likely to heat up with Quin stepping down.

If it were up to me, I'd proactively trade Mitchell if I could get Banchero back in the deal, and I'd reset the roster with young talent and a 7-year window to do a proper rebuild.

Truly no idea on that one. I would say 90% he is not getting traded.

If the best value they get for Gobert is mostly future facing assets though (like future 1st rounders) I wonder if they take that reality and just use it to accept a tank.
If they're taking firsts and salary filler for Gobert, they are going to need to fire up the tank. To me, Gobert's trade dictates what Utah does. If it's just future assets, Utah will probably just tear it down.

Def a safe bet. Over/under on Don getting shipped?

I think the Jazz are going to try to do a re-tool with Mitchell on the roster. They probably think they can trade him next off-season or the following trade deadline if they need to.

They'd have to get a through-the-roof offer to move him this summer, imo.

I think the Jazz are going to try to do a re-tool with Mitchell on the roster. They probably think they can trade him next off-season or the following trade deadline if they need to.

They'd have to get a through-the-roof offer to move him this summer, imo.
It would be super smart to delay the tank a year so we miss out on a chance at the next best generational prospect.

It would be super smart to delay the tank a year so we miss out on a chance at the next best generational prospect.

I don't disagree with you, and as I've said, I'll take Banchero and a future pick right now. I could just picture the front office putting off the decision to trade Mitchell for another year or so because he's the face of the franchise and they don't *HAVE* to trade him. I'd be pretty impressed if the Jazz moved Mitchell this offseason. That would be cold and surgical.

Don is fake gold. He plays no defense and is selfish offensively. He's also the worst clutch player in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
All our players have a problem. He has the best pizzaz and market appeal. In my mind he has only one flaw. He is too short. He can do anything if the team is constructed for it. You want him to play more defense then get someone who is equal on offense so he has the energy. But yeah his pride about his height hurts him.