What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

You're probably right.

Me personally, I would rank my preferences as:

#1 with the pick
#1 without the pick
Which one helps Atlanta land Lavine? If there is a trade that helps them get Lavine, then they would be more eager to give things up.

I twist words? Seriously?
Yes, absolutely, and you've been told this over and over again, by many people. I am assuming this is not deliberate, and that you don't realize how much you twist other people's words. You should take this as an indication that you need to read other people's posts more carefully and not project your on thoughts onto what they are saying so freely. This is a skill that requires practice.

I asked: "didn't Cy attack me for years?"
You said: "He's gotten pretty frustrated with you, and has crossed the line..". So you blamed me for Cy attacking me for years. That's what you said. Don't twist it.
Cy alone is responsible for his responses to you. As I said, he was the one who crossed the line. I reported him for it once. He has no sympathy from me.

It seems like you've built up some notion that you're a victim somehow. You're not. You're not trapped on JazzFanz, you could be on reddit or RealGM. Instead, you willingly come back for the abuse, and continue to (probably unwittingly) twist what other people are saying, knowing exactly how they will react. You are every bit as much a participant in the exchanges with Cy as Cy is himself.

I responded with " just don't what to tell you. You either saw what Cy did for years or you didn't. His actions are his actions."
I actually reported him for his actions. Cy's actions do not excuse your behavior.

And you twist again - when did I say I was the "center of attention"?
"And if I'm your FoxNews or CNN and you're on the other side, you're going to dislike what I say regardless of what I say."

Your attempt at tu quoque is unimpressive.

I just said that I might trigger some people when I have no intention of triggering anybody.
You're not a trigger, you're the event being responded to.

Please don't say I twist things.
To clear, I only told you what I see. What you do with it is up to you.

However, if you want to discuss this no longer, I'll respect that. You have to develop into the person you want to be in your own fashion.

@One Brow

I'm serious when I say I don't look for conflict and I do not want to argue with people here. I do not come here with ill intentions at all.

I will try my best to do better. I promise.

I would like to, and I'm sure many others around here too, move on to more positive conversations about the actual team.

Which one helps Atlanta land Lavine? If there is a trade that helps them get Lavine, then they would be more eager to give things up.
Lavine can get 5 years $213 with Chicago or 4 years $157 outside of Chicago.

If Lavine gets sign and traded to Atlanta, I would imagine that Chicago would want some of the pieces we want from Atlanta for Rudy. Pieces like Collins, Hunter and/or Huerter, picks, etc.

I really don't know the sign and trade rules well enough to know how a three way would work in that scenario.

Locke was ******** on the idea of getting Capela in the deal with Atlanta. While I agree he is overpaid... it ain't by much and we will need at least one reliable center. He's probably a 12-15M player but paid like 20+. Says we'd go cheap instead... but there is really not a lot of benefit and we don't have a lot of tools to go get a cheap center. You could grab Hartenstein for the taxpayer MLE but that is dicey as hell. I'd rather overpay 5-6M a year or so for a reliable option like Capela than use MLE or Taxpayer MLE on a guy you hope can play 30 minutes a game and might be significantly worse.

I just find it weird that Locke can say he's a poor man's Rudy in one minute and then talk about how he's overpaid.... then he talks about if we are trading Rudy we need XYZ and its just kind of a weird disconnect imo.

I don't see teams going cheap on center being all that successful. GS has Looney but Dray also plays a lot there. They also have a lot of wings and Steph so its different. Clips have Zubac who is underpaid and very good and hit on Hartenstein and then have a huge collection of big wings.

Charlotte, Toronto, Portland, have all struggled with more budget type options. I don't see it as some moneyball panacea. Capela makes a lot of sense imo. He makes a reasonable salary which mean you can add a shooting 5 or something different to him and you aren't overpaying for one position. His on/off splits are always good... even last year when he struggled.

Locke was ******** on the idea of getting Capela in the deal with Atlanta. While I agree he is overpaid... it ain't by much and we will need at least one reliable center. He's probably a 12-15M player but paid like 20+. Says we'd go cheap instead... but there is really not a lot of benefit and we don't have a lot of tools to go get a cheap center. You could grab Hartenstein for the taxpayer MLE but that is dicey as hell. I'd rather overpay 5-6M a year or so for a reliable option like Capela than use MLE or Taxpayer MLE on a guy you hope can play 30 minutes a game and might be significantly worse.

I just find it weird that Locke can say he's a poor man's Rudy in one minute and then talk about how he's overpaid.... then he talks about if we are trading Rudy we need XYZ and its just kind of a weird disconnect imo.

If we can get something out of Capela in a trade, I'm all for it. If we can clear enough salary to be able to use our full MLE I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Nurkic instead. If you have to go very cheap, bring back Hassan.

If Capela plays like he did last season, it's questionable if he's a starter. His FT shooting and finishing around the basket have fallen off where he's a sub par roll man and while the defense wasn't his fault, he's not a defensive anchor that's producing results.

I don't ultimately care how much "winning' value the Jazz get out of their C position if Rudy is gone. We're not winning anyways. If the FO would rather go cheap, I'm am incredibly in favor of that option if Capela can be dealt elsewhere.

I don't see teams going cheap on center being all that successful. GS has Looney but Dray also plays a lot there. They also have a lot of wings and Steph so its different. Clips have Zubac who is underpaid and very good and hit on Hartenstein and then have a huge collection of big wings.

Charlotte, Toronto, Portland, have all struggled with more budget type options. I don't see it as some moneyball panacea. Capela makes a lot of sense imo. He makes a reasonable salary which mean you can add a shooting 5 or something different to him and you aren't overpaying for one position. His on/off splits are always good... even last year when he struggled.

I don't see us being successful with Capela....and simply getting paid more does make Capela better. I think if Capela was a FA today he'd be close to the "cheap" zone anyways. Probably a full MLE guy.

I don't see us being successful with Capela....and simply getting paid more does make Capela better. I think if Capela was a FA today he'd be close to the "cheap" zone anyways. Probably a full MLE guy.
I don't think we would be successful at his current price. If he came to us at $10, he'd probably be a deal. With our luxury numbers, his number just really hurts especially if we're trying to extend Hunter soon.

The problem is.... who wants Capela if Charlotte gets Turner? Chicago maybe? Phoenix maybe if they lose Ayton?

I don't think we would be successful at his current price. If he came to us at $10, he'd probably be a deal. With our luxury numbers, his number just really hurts especially if we're trying to extend Hunter soon.

The problem is.... who wants Capela if Charlotte gets Turner? Chicago maybe? Phoenix maybe if they lose Ayton?

I don't think anyone really wants Capela right now, at least the shouldn't. If he was a FA today, his contract might be 50% of what it is. That's why I'm looking at Capela as a negative that should bring us back more value from ATL. He's definitely not a Rudy replacement. Tricking yourself into thinking we can do the same things with Capela is a mistake.

I agree.. Capela isn’t that overpaid. That’s the biggest problem with not taking him back is for one Atlanta would have to deal him somewhere else and they aren’t going to be too thrilled to do that.

Plus we are bare at center if we don’t take him back as well. I am super curious why Locke was ******** on him though. He is what is he at this point he’s not a bum by any means.

If we can get something out of Capela in a trade, I'm all for it. If we can clear enough salary to be able to use our full MLE I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Nurkic instead. If you have to go very cheap, bring back Hassan.

If Capela plays like he did last season, it's questionable if he's a starter. His FT shooting and finishing around the basket have fallen off where he's a sub par roll man and while the defense wasn't his fault, he's not a defensive anchor that's producing results.

I don't ultimately care how much "winning' value the Jazz get out of their C position if Rudy is gone. We're not winning anyways. If the FO would rather go cheap, I'm am incredibly in favor of that option if Capela can be dealt elsewhere.

If we trade Rudy the goal is going to be to win. Why would we trade him for the sake of trading him if we weren’t going to try and win.