What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'm just going to say it. Without Gobert Don may not make the all star game. We're likely bottom of the pack and without Rudy screening our offense may be putrid forcing Don into being even more of a chucker. I personally can't wait to see how this season shapes up.
Excellent point.

We want players that don't fit to have a record next year to get our top 10 protected pick back. So heck yeah, give me Randle and all the garbage players and lots of picks.

And frankly, I hope we have no all-star in that all-star game. It would force most of the All-stars to say something and have sympathy. The coverage may be even better for SLC.

Not saying I’m advocating for this, but what would everyone’s reaction be to the following?

BKN gets Mitchell + Ayton
PHX gets Durant
UTA gets Simmons and 4 unprotected 1sts and 3 pick swaps from PHX + any available draft assets BKN can offer.

I could see Ainge entertaining that offer. Especially considering the current state of PHX’s ownership and who knows what’s going to happen with Sarver’s issues.

Just saying, for the fans who want to go full tank, this might be our avenue to getting the largest haul of picks possible.

Yeah you said this yesterday, and I asked you to link me to the report confirming that Mitchell asked for a trade to the Heat.

You didn't do it, but I'm a reasonable man, so I'll give you another chance. Post the link to the report.

Windhorst at ESPN is reporting that league executives expect Donovan to be traded this offseason, potentially in the next few days, and that NYK and Miami are his preferred destinations. (https://heatnation.com/videos/brian...ll-the-league-thinks-hes-getting-traded-soon/). If Mitchell has named NYK and MIA as his preferred trade destinations, that's evidence that he's made a request.

NBA Intel Report (https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/n...tel-early-free-agency-targets-2022-matt-moore) -- "As far as the idea of a Mitchell trade coming down the pike, league sources do feel that it’s a matter of 'when and not if' with Mitchell eventually asking to go to a “glamour market” like New York or Miami."

If you look at how the Jazz are now discussing Mitchell trade packages with Miami and New York, as well as throwing themselves into the Kevin Durant discussions with PHX and BRK, it's pretty obvious the Jazz are open to trading Mitchell. If nothing happens, then fine, but saying that this isn't a real rumor is burying your head in the sand at this point.

Not saying I’m advocating for this, but what would everyone’s reaction be to the following?

PHX gets Durant
UTA gets Simmons and 4 unprotected 1sts and 3 pick swaps from PHX + any available draft assets BKN can offer.

I could see Ainge entertaining that offer. Especially considering the current state of PHX’s ownership and who knows what’s going to happen with Sarver’s issues.

Just saying, for the fans who want to go full tank, this might be our avenue to getting the largest haul of picks possible.
I vote full tank. This year's draft is the best in a decade. Mitchell will force his way out. Might as well capitalize on the best draft at the same time. We shouldn't delay.

Keep in mind that Ferguson is basing this off of a report from some dude with 40 followers or whatever and some random internet stranger on another sports forum.

Dude, there are multiple reports on that, some of which are already posted in this thread. You're on something.

Windhorst at ESPN is reporting that league executives expect Donovan to be traded this offseason, potentially in the next few days, and that NYK and Miami are his preferred destinations. (https://heatnation.com/videos/brian...ll-the-league-thinks-hes-getting-traded-soon/). If Mitchell has named NYK and MIA as his preferred trade destinations, that's evidence that he's made a request.

NBA Intel Report (https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/n...tel-early-free-agency-targets-2022-matt-moore) -- "As far as the idea of a Mitchell trade coming down the pike, league sources do feel that it’s a matter of 'when and not if' with Mitchell eventually asking to go to a “glamour market” like New York or Miami."

If you look at how the Jazz are now discussing Mitchell trade packages with Miami and New York, as well as throwing themselves into the Kevin Durant discussions with PHX and BRK, it's pretty obvious the Jazz are open to trading Mitchell. If nothing happens, then fine, but saying that this isn't a real rumor is burying your head in the sand at this point.
You keep deflecting from what I'm asking you to prove.

Neither of these things confirms what the rando from another forum claimed, or the Knicks offered package the person with 42 followers claimed.

Dude, there are multiple reports on that, some of which are already posted in this thread. You're on something.
Somebody reporting that Mitchell would prefer Miami or NY in Ferguson's mind confirms the specific packages that internet nobodies are claiming have happened.

PHX gets Durant

I vote full tank. This year's draft is the best in a decade. Mitchell will force his way out. Might as well capitalize on the best draft at the same time. We shouldn't delay
Did you see what Illuminati Ainge serenaded Minnesota into giving us yesterday?
Dell Demps loved Gobert when he worked with him, so that trade was unnaturally biased with inside info. Mitchell will not yield the same thing. Sorry, he won't. It maybe close but in reality it won't happen. No team feels than Mitchell is absolutely necessary. None. Dell Demos felt Gobert was. Period.

You keep deflecting from what I'm asking you to prove.

Neither of these things confirms what the rando from another forum claimed, or the Knicks offered package the person with 42 followers claimed.

What part of Brian Windhorst saying that Mitchell could be moved to one of his preferred destinations, NYK or MIA, within a matter of days suggests there aren't trade discussions and trade packages on the table from NYK and MIA ?

Somebody reporting that Mitchell would prefer Miami or NY in Ferguson's mind confirms the specific packages that internet nobodies are claiming have happened.

The *specific trade packages* aren't final and are still being discussed. Every rumor and report acknowledges this. You would too if you had any IQ.

It's been reported by multiple sources that Miami did deliver a trade package to Utah last week. What exactly is in it hasn't been revealed.

I still think it's a strong net positive for the Jazz. But if Mitchell is already gone, I think there's less incentive to go get Ayton and I doubt Ayton chooses UTA in that scenario.
Maybe he wants his own team and if Mitchell is gone he will be able to be focal point of the offense?

The links are just speculation and not proof that DM has asked to be traded. Just because the media says Miami and NYK are his desired places doesn't mean he asked out. He is from NY and he was recently in Miami so the media draws its own conclusion. The NY predictions has been going on for years, so it isn't a surprise that the media calls this one of his preferred places. DM has been compared to DW and so Miami isn't a surprise either. In the end we don't really know. I haven't heard it out of DM's mouth or on his Twitter account.

What part of Brian Windhorst saying that Mitchell could be moved to one of his preferred destinations, NYK or MIA, within a matter of days suggests there aren't trade discussions and trade packages on the table from NYK and MIA ?

The *specific trade packages* aren't final and are still being discussed. Every rumor and report acknowledges this. You would too if you had any IQ.

It's been reported by multiple sources that Miami did deliver a trade package to Utah last week. What exactly is in it hasn't been revealed.

Guys, Miami is offering Jimmy Butler for Donovan Mitchell and New York is offering 4 FRP + Randle/Fournier for Mitchell.

Anybody with any IQ knows for a fact that I am telling the truth because of reports that Mitchell would be interested in Miami/NY.

Incredible how this fan base can so incredibly overrate one player and completely disrespect the other.

Rudy was great. Don was great. The supporting cast was disappointing and the coaching was suspect.

Don can definitely be the main part of our successful future.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Rudy was one dimensional IN THE PLAYOFFS. Teams schemed around him.

Every team that beat us in the playoffs proceeded to lose against Ayton and talked about how much more punishing and difficult it was playing against him than Gobert.

Ayton is a playoff Center imho. Gobert is not. Plus gobert and spida was a no go. You get a lot of the same in a reset with Ayton although he can spread the floor and punish little lineups.