What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I don't think Miami and NY not wanting to pay Ainge's price for Donovan is "tearing down" Donovan.

He's definitely putting something out there is a vague way. One of my least favorite parts of how he communicates.

If he’s talking about the fans then he is just looking for excuses to justify wanting out. You can go look at any other players Twitter and you will find the same stuff.

Sure… they won’t have any irrational fans that will wonder if he’s partying too much and not working enough… I’m sure they will be totally fair with him. All of a sudden he’s this martyr… he’s a great dude. If he had came out and said he’s committed to us or acted like he’s a part of the team at all I’m fairly sure the noise around who he hangs with would be very quiet.

The second that New York team is bad they will be up in flames. He should legit have a sit down with Deron so he can tell him **** ain’t as sweet as it sounds.

If he’s talking about the fans then he is just looking for excuses to justify wanting out. You can go look at any other players Twitter and you will find the same stuff.
This is part of the unnerved path of getting out without asking out. My guess is we are drawing a line in the sand and he may not think he’s headed out… so time to make some noise.

This is part of the unnerved path of getting out without asking out. My guess is we are drawing a line in the sand and he may not think he’s headed out… so time to make some noise.

Your post the other day really hit home with me… he hasn’t said a single word about the team… or the new coach… or anything Jazz related.

Sure… they won’t have any irrational fans that will wonder if he’s partying too much and not working enough… I’m sure they will be totally fair with him. All of a sudden he’s this martyr… he’s a great dude. If he had came out and said he’s committed to us or acted like he’s a part of the team at all I’m fairly sure the noise around who he hangs with would be very quiet.
So he's supposed to do something that no one else on the team did.

Neither did Rudy or literally any other player on the team, lol.
I don't follow social media all too closely except for these times. From what I have seen, Donovan doesn't seem to put that many things out there big like that.

But hell, I just don't know anymore. I just want some sort of resolution. Either do something to build around Don (finally from my perspective) or trade the guy.

I’m fine with trading Donovan I just need a young prospect back that can become a star for us. I need someone like Barrett coming back in the deal or Bridges someone like that.

So he's supposed to do something that no one else on the team did.
I haven’t seen what others did or did not do… Donovan is more active on social media and Rudy literally lives in Utah. He’s known he’s getting traded for a while… so it makes sense to me. We don’t really have any reason to question other guys commitment. I would say the racist hate (which is real but I don’t see it a lot on this site) is much worse than anyone being critical of who he parties with.

To me this is us in a Mexican standoff (not sure of that is the right phrase)… he likely has a destination he’s want to go to and now there is some friction… so he changes the narrative a little “all the fans have turned on me… why do I want to play there?”

Danny is very patient so I can see CAA wanting to do stuff to push their narrative or goals to their timeline.