What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The chances you get a dude as good as him with any of those picks is low and he’s exactly what you’re looking for in a rebuild, to pair with the draft capital we got from Rudy and (in this scenario) cap flexibility we would get from being off 2 max contracts.

If you wouldn’t do that deal why even GM at that point.

My answer is “yes….in a heartbeat” and so would every other GM now and in the future.
It depends. The picks you get in trade may not net you a players as good as him… but the rebuild process should. We kinda need to rebuild… that said…

I’d do the deal in part because Ball isn’t quite good enough as a winning player to get you to the playoffs… and if he does become that now with this roster then you are really on to something. I think you could tank and he’s younger than Don so you could retool around his timeline easier. If he isn’t happy you move him later for a picks type package.

I don't think the heat have enough assets even if they offer the largest conceivable package.

Don't really think 3 frps, Herro, Yurt, Jovic, Duncan, swaps gets it done.

Bam, herro, and 3 first rounders would be plenty for me.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I still want to see if some logjam is alleviated with a KD trade or if they just say eff it we will keep him.

Our next move is the move that’s tells us the true intentions… if we trade a Beasley or Bev or Bogey or Mike for picks and not good players then I think Donovan is out there on the market… if we do a deal where we snag Poeltl or something then it’s clear we are going to do a 12 month trial imo.

I still want to see if some logjam is alleviated with a KD trade or if they just say eff it we will keep him.

Our next move is the move that’s tells us the true intentions… if we trade a Beasley or Bev or Bogey or Mike for picks and not good players then I think Donovan is out there on the market… if we do a deal where we snag Poeltl or something then it’s clear we are going to do a 12 month trial imo.
At this point I want to see us move Mitchell, Conley, and Bogey for assets. Scorched earth, come back like a phoenix from the ashes.

At this point I want to see us move Mitchell, Conley, and Bogey for assets. Scorched earth, come back like a phoenix from the ashes.
I agree but ya never know on Ball… he could be pretty special so if you can go star for younger star and still end up top 5 you have enough to build around and enough runway to do it. I think you could at very worst flip Ball for more than Melo.

I agree but ya never know on Ball… he could be pretty special so if you can go star for younger star and still end up top 5 you have enough to build around and enough runway to do it. I think you could at very worst flip Ball for more than Melo.
Do you mean flip Lamelo for more than Donovan?

Do you mean flip Lamelo for more than Donovan?
Later on ya. I can see more teams bidding for him under team control longer… IDK. Could also do a three team we now I suppose. I think it would open up the bidding to more teams that are bad now because he’s younger.

It would be good to see what someone could do starting with a plan from the ground up. We kinda stack retool on retool on retool. Don and Rudy fit well so it was pretty good… but if you start by grabbing a couple two way wings the team building around those guys gets a lot easier and you have tons of options.

Rudy is gone. Please move on.

Beasley, Beverley, and Vanderbilt are good players. Kessler and Balmero might end up being good too.

Rudy is gone. Please move on.

Great. I'll plan to watch zero games that year, which will probably be better for my productivity if that's the case, but great. "Assets". Oh boy. Unless the asset is actually a player worth watching.

Like I can't imagine anything more painful than trying to watch the Thunder last year, but they have a lot of picks so there's that.

Great. I'll plan to watch zero games that year, which will probably be better for my productivity if that's the case, but great. "Assets". Oh boy. Unless the asset is actually a player worth watching.

Like I can't imagine anything more painful than trying to watch the Thunder last year, but they have a lot of picks so there's that.
Nobody said it would be fun. But it's better than running on the 38-win treadmill for 2-3 years then going though the whole mess anyway, but when those guys will get us a lot less.

Who are you talking to?
wall-talking.gif

The great news is if Indiana gets Ayton that is one less team on tank watch.

Haliburton/Duarte/Mathurin/Ayton are too talented of a group to be a bottom 3-4 team.
They also dont like tanking. Not sure that team is great next year but the roster they threw out there last year was straight g league ****.

The great news is if Indiana gets Ayton that is one less team on tank watch.

Haliburton/Duarte/Mathurin/Ayton are too talented of a group to be a bottom 3-4 team.

I don't think you get Ayton if you are trying to be bad. The whole point of getting Carlisle back as a coach was to be a great playoff team. They are still some pieces away a solid playoff team, but they are trying to be competitive in the next year or two.