What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Pass on DLo.

I was living in LA when DLo and Clarkson were teammates for the Lakers. Really don't want to relive that with the Jazz. Mostly just want the Wolves to be stuck with DLo as their PG which should lead to the Jazz getting a really nice pick.
They are not a good fit with each other. But they are both quite different players since then.

They are not a good fit with each other. But they are both quite different players since then.
Agreed, both have made vast improvements in their games. I think they'd be fine, however I suspect that D'Lo will be on a very short leash. I think he's just a rental to shed some salary and make room for three rookies.

D’Angelo Russell is apparently on the block as he’s reportedly unhappy there and he’s UFA and see ya! I don’t think any of the big fish are gonna bite for a pick and a possible rebuff; and a sign and trade would be above market value according to his latest tweet.

It makes way too much sense for us to shed some salary going into a draft with three picks. We rent to own, but forget the ownership part and send Conley and THT and their overpriced deals a packin. I mean the lure of reuniting Conley with Gobert should be palpable for them and THT also has plenty of appeal. Should be enough to beat the competition and keep us out of the draft asset return conversation.

Looks like I was on to something over a week ago after all. I imagine it's Conley and THT, no picks either direction. Besides the fact that the trade is win/win, it would also instill some good will for a trade partner in Connelly that probably feels a little beleaguered right now.

The fact that Atlanta just mysteriously cut a two way, tells me Collins is probably on the move as well. Does Atlanta value Beasley and Vando enough to throw in a first? I would hope so, as I'm not totally sold on the deal and will miss Vando very much.

Agreed, both have made vast improvements in their games. I think they'd be fine, however I suspect that D'Lo will be on a very short leash. I think he's just a rental to shed some salary and make room for three rookies.
JC has made vast improvements.

I know DLo had that one good year in Brooklyn. Maybe it's just me but overall he still looks about the same as he was in LA (and w/ the Warriors).
He'd be ok as an expiring to get off some future salary but he's not a guy I'd want on my team long term. The Wolves are going nowhere with him as their primary PG.

Jazz talk starts around 21 minutes. MacMahon thinks Vando likely gets moved but doesn't seem to think he's worth a first round pick, mentions maybe a good 2nd or a couple of 2nds. Seems to think Beasley has more value, says the Jazz would want back a 1st round pick or a young player to add to their core going forward.

Pelton mentions hypothetical trade idea between Jazz and Clippers of Conley for Jackson/Covington and a 1st round pick. Pelton and MacMahon don't think the Jazz would take on Covington's salary for next year unless the Clippers include the pick. MacMahon mentions Kennard but Pelton doesn't think the Clippers would give him up.

MacMahon say the Jazz don't view Sexton as a starting point guard, they see him as a 6th man. Tony Jones also mentioned this recently and said it will require buy in from Sexton.

They don't think Collins would be a great fit with the Jazz. MacMahon wouldn't take on his contract unless the Jazz get back a first round pick as well.

View: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1615529729112645634

Yup, I said a while back that the whole "Sexton can be a 6th man" thing has always been flawed since he is not going to want that role.

Trade asap

Jazz talk starts around 21 minutes. MacMahon thinks Vando likely gets moved but doesn't seem to think he's worth a first round pick, mentions maybe a good 2nd or a couple of 2nds. Seems to think Beasley has more value, says the Jazz would want back a 1st round pick or a young player to add to their core going forward.

Pelton mentions hypothetical trade idea between Jazz and Clippers of Conley for Jackson/Covington and a 1st round pick. Pelton and MacMahon don't think the Jazz would take on Covington's salary for next year unless the Clippers include the pick. MacMahon mentions Kennard but Pelton doesn't think the Clippers would give him up.

MacMahon say the Jazz don't view Sexton as a starting point guard, they see him as a 6th man. Tony Jones also mentioned this recently and said it will require buy in from Sexton.

They don't think Collins would be a great fit with the Jazz. MacMahon wouldn't take on his contract unless the Jazz get back a first round pick as well.

View: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1615529729112645634

Better not trade vando for 2nds.
I’d do the conley trade in heartbeat if it includes a first.
Glad they dont want collins. I have soured.
Its too early to say what sexton can or cant be or what he is or isnt imo. A dude with that kind of drive, determination, heart, and work ethic……. It’s stupid to count him out on anything.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I don’t really understand the Sexton hate… the Jazz seem to flow better when he is on the court, and he makes fewer mental errors than JC, THT or NAW. He does seem to be on an extremely short leash though.

Agreed. Dude looks amazing to me. Especially for someone so young in a new system coming off major injury in an inconsistent role and minute rotation.

He has been fantastic all things considered.

SO they even have a First Rounder they can trade? I thought they owed their entire future to OKC. . .
Yes… they can also swap their pick this year. I think they can trade 2028 or 2029… I know they have at least 1 pick they can now trade.

Can someone help me understand why we want to trade Vando? He’s young, on the right timeline, is long, is athletic, and is a tough guy that does the little things. Unless someone is willing to overpay for him, I wouldn’t want him to be included in a deal.

I totally get wanting to move Beasley, Conley, KO, etc.
First of all, some here want to trade everyone who can bring back a FRP... except maybe Markkanen and Kessler who are the consensus "building blocks" (I guess Ochai doesnt give back enough to justify giving his recently flashed upside away). Part of it is to stack assets part of it is to outright tank our record this year.

I think most in here dont want to trade Vando for just a future FRP (myself included).. but would be willing to include him in a package. Personally the biggest reason I would move on from him is that he and Kessler together destroy our spacing. Neither one draws attention on the perimeter, so when they are on together the paint will be crowded and help defense against Lauri and JC is easy to find.

There are some who are absolutely against trading him as well. @Thee Idiotic Minivan K has been most vocal and I think @fishonjazz is also opposed to trading him unless the price is very high.

Can someone help me understand why we want to trade Vando? He’s young, on the right timeline, is long, is athletic, and is a tough guy that does the little things. Unless someone is willing to overpay for him, I wouldn’t want him to be included in a deal.

I totally get wanting to move Beasley, Conley, KO, etc.
I think the idea of Vando is better than the reality of Vando. He gets lost on his defensive assignment a lot. He is not even close to an efficient scorer. Many people confuse activity with effectiveness, and Vando is a prime example of that. He is fine to hold onto, but if you can get prime assets for him, cashing in on that perception of Vando as an energy/hustle guy that does the "little things", then you take it and run.

Collins lol every single week for 3 years some so called league insider has the scoop on whats going to happen and who has the most interest.
Nobody wants this guy really , especially now that he has sunk to terrible stats. not without the Hawks bleeding value in other assets to eat his contract,They know damn well the odds he ever earns that paycheck are minimal.
I just don't see Ainge actually wanting him on this roster. He probably is trying to steal value being involved in the Collins mess and has been for awhile but beyond that no.
meanwhile some of you see a deadline season story linking him to the Jazz, that was likely conjured up by some click bait hungry beat writer in metro ATL, or some Hawks employee hiding under some alias, and you think he is the next great rehabilitation story we got for nothing.
I look around the league at the shooting numbers of similar archetype forwards who are paid league minimum deals and am more positive in the odds we get one of them.
Only way I see this org going down the Collins rabbit hole is if they get Griffin or OO not some meh 4th first.

You have disgraceful person
I speak the truth, and the truth has created enemies, who are wearing rose colored glasses, because that is their idea of fandom.
Disgrace is when you say or do something dishonorable. You considering my humor and vulgarity disgraceful, is based on your igorance of realty.

Agreed. Dude looks amazing to me. Especially for someone so young in a new system coming off major injury in an inconsistent role and minute rotation.

He has been fantastic all things considered.

He is clearly not 100% or definitely is on a short leash for some reason. His pounding the air out the ball instead of quickly initiating the offense angers me sometimes. But, I think he is doing what Hardy wants, trying to get his team to their spots and run the plays. Maybe his perfectionism is the real issue that hurts him as a floor gen?
I liked him better when he was going balls out scoring in CLE and nobody could stop him. He got a lot of flak I think for not giving up the rock though and it has changed his mind about how to approach the game some.
In the end I want him at the 6 if they are not going to let him be more of a score first point guard type and demand a pass first type instead.

I think the idea of Vando is better than the reality of Vando. He gets lost on his defensive assignment a lot. He is not even close to an efficient scorer. Many people confuse activity with effectiveness, and Vando is a prime example of that. He is fine to hold onto, but if you can get prime assets for him, cashing in on that perception of Vando as an energy/hustle guy that does the "little things", then you take it and run.
He also gets rolled through by basic bigs. Like the disruption is nice when it happens but I need you to be either fast enough to guard wings well or hold up against bigs. Nathan Knight scored over and through him like he was nothing… it’s a regular occurrence.

Don’t get me wrong he’s fine… the shooting has gone way south… the “playmaking” is okay but can lead to turnovers just as much as assists… if we can get a first you do it and move on. If not he becomes a third big.

I don't disagree with you. I don't think JC was the problem and he's unfairly gotten a bad rep for being "unhappy". But it's been a well known discussion point for years.
It is absolutely common knowledge that Collins wants out, Speculation is Collins is a little crybaby that got outplayed by his teammates, and has been sent to the corner literally where he is averaging scrub player %'s ,and would never see the floor at all if he wasn't owed so much ****ing salary. Now he might be a little sweetheart now that his balls are all shruk up from dosing, but he is a bum getting paid like a real man. this fanbase needs to wake the f up