What's new

Trade SZN

I wonder were Derrick Rose ends up... they could have got a first for him last year but I doubt they do now. Just don't see the right spot for him now that the Lakers got Shroeder.

I’m intrigued with some reunions. I would love Favors and Hood back.

Also, I would gladly take Burke back if we don’t end up re-signing Clarkson.

Well he brings yo mama to the party for one... I had a whole thread about it but TLDR...

- He gets his hand on the ball a lot on defense. One of the top deflection guys... got 2.5 steals per 36 and 1.4 blocks also add in 6 rebs per 36 on top of it. We are last (basically) in deflections steals and blocks... so its a big need.
- He has some positional versatility... can play 1-3.
He sounds like a lot of guys that reside in the GLeague. My concern is waived by the Suns twice, and pink slipped by two head coaches with the Bulls. I get that he played for Danny Manning in college but to be sent packing basically four times by non-playoff teams indicates that this guy is missing something or some things.

Everyone plays by the same rules. No one is out here following all the rules to a T. Get creative.
From Hollinger who has worked in the league and around the league for a long time:

(A quick aside: Remember when the league was going to really crack down on teams and agents doing deals before the start of free agency? That was fun. Free agency “negotiations” aren’t slated to begin until Friday evening, yet somehow we already know where Bogdanovic is headed in a highly complex transaction. Look, everyone knows that clandestine free agent talks have been happening for weeks, but teams and agents had the good sense to keep deals under wraps until Saturday. This is ridiculously brazen stuff from the Bucks and Kings, and the league office will not be happy about it.)

From Hollinger who has worked in the league and around the league for a long time:

(A quick aside: Remember when the league was going to really crack down on teams and agents doing deals before the start of free agency? That was fun. Free agency “negotiations” aren’t slated to begin until Friday evening, yet somehow we already know where Bogdanovic is headed in a highly complex transaction. Look, everyone knows that clandestine free agent talks have been happening for weeks, but teams and agents had the good sense to keep deals under wraps until Saturday. This is ridiculously brazen stuff from the Bucks and Kings, and the league office will not be happy about it.)
Get creativitay, doe

It just as easily demonstrates why those organizations are losing organizations: they are bad talent evaluators.

Get creativitay, doe
Its like when you get creative with taxes... sometimes its a nice way to say you cheating... okay its always that. It is fine as long as you don't get caught or don't get all the red flags raised but I bet there are some pissed off GMs today... and I would bet that DL is very much a "do it right... dont skip steps" type of guy.

Reminder: Hood is garbage and is coming off an ACHILLES injury. Big ****en no thanks, especially since he thinks his market is >$6 million a year.

He can keep being bitter about Joe Ingles outworking him somewhere else.

Its like when you get creative with taxes... sometimes its a nice way to say you cheating... okay its always that. It is fine as long as you don't get caught or don't get all the red flags raised but I bet there are some pissed off GMs today... and I would bet that DL is very much a "do it right... dont skip steps" type of guy.
To be fair, Jazz were working on Portis, Mirotic, and Bojan well before it was allowed. So maybe not all hope is lost.

A healthy Hood is way way better than Clarkson. The issue is he can't stay healthy. I don't mind that if he is just a 20 mpg type guy on a team. Jazz could split the MLE between him and Dunn and greatly improve the team over over-paying Clarkson.

To be fair, Jazz were working on Portis, Mirotic, and Bojan well before it was allowed. So maybe not all hope is lost.
Agree that we did work last year but I am not sure that has always been the case. DL is a lay the groundwork and wait for the phone to ring type of guy.

A healthy Hood is way way better than Clarkson. The issue is he can't stay healthy. I don't mind that if he is just a 20 mpg type guy on a team. Jazz could split the MLE between him and Dunn and greatly improve the team over over-paying Clarkson.
So they each get 4.5M? Cuz they likely getting more than that... Hood opted out of $6M. Dunn projects to get more than that too... I mean if we can get those guys to do that maybe we can get JC to take $5M a year no?

Agree that we did work last year but I am not sure that has always been the case. DL is a lay the groundwork and wait for the phone to ring type of guy.
I dont think this is true about DL or any GM in the league. In fact I would say the evidence is clear the other way with DL. The fact that most make believe trades on message boards dont happen is not a reason to think GM's are sitting on their hands. He has done things that have not worked out (as does every GM) but I think he and the Jazz FO are very active.

I don't understand why Hood would decline his $6 million option, especially coming off of an injury. Seems like a dumb move.