What's new

Trade SZN

I dont think this is true about DL or any GM in the league. In fact I would say the evidence is clear the other way with DL. The fact that most make believe trades on message boards dont happen is not a reason to think GM's are sitting on their hands. He has done things that have not worked out (as does every GM) but I think he and the Jazz FO are very active.
He literally said that Denver called him on the DM trade. He laid the ground work and they called him. I think he's active but that he doesn't push like some do. I have my reasons to believe this is how he operates. The Conley trade hung out there forever and then fell flat on deadline day for example. We gave a fair offer and they shopped it for a week or so before declining to move him at the deadline... we had no other deal to pivot to because he waited too long.

I think it comes from him being laser focused on one player or prospect and then waiting on that one thing to work. He sold picks before and said there weren't guys they liked... he locks in early on guys... its why Locke has been able to predict picks in the past. I don't think he is the aggressor in trade deals.

Rolo got word he was gonna be in the sacramento trade if he opted in... so he declined his option... might be similar with Hood. Both guys probably have a fallback option.

I'd assume this too, but there could be competition for him. He's a great bench player when healthy.
Or he didn't want to be traded to Houston and has a similar offer elsewhere... not saying you are wrong but that is why RoLo turned down his option.

Why can't we be that team that everybody goes - wow, I can't believe Utah just got XXXXX amount for Mike Conley. What a steal!

Why can't we be that team that everybody goes - wow, I can't believe Utah just got XXXXX amount for Mike Conley. What a steal!

I can't even find a publication that rated the trade under an "A-" for Utah.

Yet another reminder you will talk out your *** to back up your narrative.

We are the team now that everyone goes, damn, in retrospect to the current market they didn’t give up **** for Conley.

I can't even find a publication that rated the trade under an "A-" for Utah.

Yet another reminder you will talk out your *** to back up your narrative.
And who was right? The guy talking out of his *** or the people writing their opinions?

And before you spout off with your usual garbage, we played better without Conley than with him this year.

And who was right? The guy talking out of his *** or the people writing their opinions?

And before you spout off with your usual garbage, we played better without Conley than with him this year.
You literally just said you wanted to be the team that gets praised by everyone for making a good deal.

THAT WAS UTAH LAST YEAR. STop moving the goal post on all your dumbass post.

We are the team now that everyone goes, damn, in retrospect to the current market they didn’t give up **** for Conley.

We gave up similar for Conley but Jrue is a better player.

Crowder, Korver, Grayson (2018 #21), 2019 #21, and a future first
vs
Bledsoe, Hill, 2 pick swap chances, and 3 first rounders.

Every first rounder coming from Utah will be higher than the ones from the Bucks in all likelihood.

You literally just said you wanted to be the team that gets praised by everyone for making a good deal.

I want to be the team that gets a lot for an overrated, overpaid player. So no, it's not the same.

We gave up similar for Conley but Jrue is a better player.

Crowder, Korver, Grayson (2018 #21), 2019 #21, and a future first
vs
Bledsoe, Hill, 2 pick swap chances, and 3 first rounders.

Every first rounder coming from Utah will be higher than the ones from the Bucks in all likelihood.
Have you seen the protections on the Bucks picks? They're unprotected four and seven years from now, plus the pick swaps. The Bucks are going to have to be very good for a very long time to get there and two of their best players - minimum - will have aged out by then. Those picks are fraught.

Almost half of our fans on this forum said - I can't believe Memphis got that much for Conley. Wow.

So no, it's not the same at all.

Have you seen the protections on the Bucks picks? They're unprotected four and seven years from now, plus the pick swaps. The Bucks are going to have to be very good for a very long time to get there and two of their best players - minimum - will have aged out by then. Those picks are fraught.
I have. Have you seen the protections on our other pick headed to Memphis? They can get a very good pick.

More than likely, Memphis will get #21, #21 and low teens from us.

More than likely, NOLA will get 3 picks in the#25-30 range from the Bucks. They will be lucky to get one pick not in the 20's.

I have. Have you seen the protections on our other pick headed to Memphis? They can get a very good pick.

More than likely, Memphis will get #21, #21 and low teens from us.

More than likely, NOLA will get 3 picks in the#25-30 range from the Bucks. They will be lucky to get one pick not in the 20's.
NOLA will get a lottery pick out of it. Those picks are structured the way they are for a reason.