What's new

Trent Forrest is Legit

He and Doka are the only two guys I would keep. Hughes needs to prove something to me. I know it is summer league and only one game but he was awful.

Yep he was. Makes me laugh when people say things like put Hughes in, or blaming the coaches for not putting him in. When they have no idea how he looks in practices. Obviously after yesterday, we have a somewhat good eye for why he doesn’t play.

Yep he was. Makes me laugh when people say things like put Hughes in, or blaming the coaches for not putting him in. When they have no idea how he looks in practices. Obviously after yesterday, we have a somewhat good eye for why he doesn’t play.
Yesterday’s game demonstrated next to nothing.

I don't think it would have made much of a difference, but I felt like Forrest should have gotten the playoff minutes that went to Oni.

No, it's very good.
Very, very good. All we could give him this year is a two year min. Next year we can tap into MLE or taxpayer MLE and give him a 3 year min if we want... so you add 2 years of cheapness potentially. Also keeping him doesn't count against the tax.

This is easily the best use of a two way we've had.

That’s bad, isn’t it? Like, isn’t it clear he deserves a real contract? Not a couple of these other *******s.
Getting him for less than a minimum and retain matching rights. I mean, kinda sucks for him but if he plays well we can keep him. Essentially restarting the clock.

Did anyone see that over the last 9 games (excluding tonight, which probably won't make a huge difference) the Jazz have had a 122 defensive rating? The worst all time for a season is 119. Simply horrendous. Not sure how a trade is going to fix this flaw.

Did anyone see that over the last 9 games (excluding tonight, which probably won't make a huge difference) the Jazz have had a 122 defensive rating? The worst all time for a season is 119. Simply horrendous. Not sure how a trade is going to fix this flaw.
Weird. It’s almost like missing our leading scorer, one of the league’s top centers, and our best shooter struggling with a bad finger has affected our offense.

When you see $100+ million on your bench in street clothes, I’m guessing you’re going to see a drop in performance.

3 things to fix this:

1) get our actual all-stars back, you know the guys that made us a historically good offense and defensively in the top 1/3 in the league
2) Development of the young guys in this stretch hopefully not stimmied by the coach during the rest of the season
3) make a trade or some move to move us up in the defensive standings in the league, to the top 5 would be great. Here is where a trade can make a huge difference, even for a seemingly minor role-player.

All of that help us turn that historically bad defensive rating into a really good one.

It isn't rocket surgery.

For a young player, Forrest generally looks under control and confident in what he's doing. His size really helps on defense and if he develops any kind of outside shot he could be an even better addition.