What's new

Trey Burke - Fractured Finger on Right Hand

Trey's dad (also his agent) is saying Trey needs pins in his finger and will be out 8-12 weeks.

January???

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 4m Trey Burke needs pins in his fractured index finger. He will be out 8-12 weeks after surgery, per his agent.

My predictioin for 18 wins is looking strong.

Trey's dad (also his agent) is saying Trey needs pins in his finger and will be out 8-12 weeks.

January???

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 4m Trey Burke needs pins in his fractured index finger. He will be out 8-12 weeks after surgery, per his agent.

My predictioin for 18 wins is looking strong.

we can't catch a break.

Wow, surgery. Didn't see that coming, though if it means fifteen years with us having a properly healed finger, then it's worth it. I need to watch another preseason game to see for myself if any of our campees are good enough to fill in. Then again, really, if Lindsey has a mancrush on Lucas and also still have Burks and Clark, I don't see the need.

BOOM. The tank is one. A small injury suddenly becomes a huge injury.

I'm just kidding here. Hope he recovers quickly and gets back quick. We need him desperately.

Here's some info from the DesNews

Utah Jazz: Trey Burke, with broken finger, now expected to miss 8 to 12 weeks

By Jody Genessy, Deseret News

Published: Monday, Oct. 14 2013 10:48 a.m. MDT

SALT LAKE CITY — The Trey Burke news got worse over the weekend.

The Utah Jazz's rookie point guard will have surgery to repair fractured bone in his broken right index finger, the team announced Monday morning. The surgery will take place Tuesday in Salt Lake City.

Burke is expected to be sidelined for eight to 12 weeks because the nature of the break requires some pins to be inserted into his finger for a full recovery, his agent told the Deseret News.

The Jazz begin their 2013-14 season on Oct. 30, and that timeline would have Burke return somewhere between Dec. 9 and Jan. 6. That could leave the Jazz's starting point guard sidelined anywhere from 22 to 36 games.

Initially, Burke's camp hoped the 20-year-old would return after three weeks.

"It’s unfortunate," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "It’s part of the business getting hurt and seeing how he responds."

Veteran John Lucas III will handle the starting playmaker duties in Burke's absence, but the Jazz only have roster hopefuls Scott Machado and Lester Hudson on the point-guard depth chart.

The Jazz will explore other options as far as looking into trades and evaluating potential free-agent point guards.

Only being out three weeks was never a realistic appraisal. 12 weeks seems extreme but I'm not a doctor.

As unlikely as it may have been, I still had hope for trey's Roy candidacy. Fate likes to poop on jazzfanz dreams, it is written in prophecy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using JazzFanz mobile app

Does anybody know whether the fracture was on the joint? Big difference there as to whether he'll be able to recover fully if it doesn't involve the joint.

The tank is one.

aint_one_tank_top.jpg

Looks like he needed pins. Pretty nasty fracture.

On the positive side... our tank is in full swing, and Burke will be back with enough time left to gain experience, but not reverse the tank :)

Looks like he needed pins. Pretty nasty fracture.

On the positive side... our tank is in full swing, and Burke will be back with enough time left to gain experience, but not reverse the tank :)

Mmm hmm.
I like it

Changing pgs part way through the season was hard on the Jazz last year. This year the Jazz will find rythm with a new PG (Burks? JLIII?) just in time for the rookie Trey to come back and mess up the rotation and the chemistry. Throw in the additions of Rush and Marvin and this team may not hit a solid stride until March, and by then Enes, Derrick, or Gordy might be 'injured'.

I hate losing, but the Jazz may have got losing down to a science.

Hard to believe his bone could break so badly, watching the replay you can't even tell when the break happened. Trey needs to use this time to hit the weight room (and drink some milk).