What's new

Trey Burke Highlights vs. Pelicans

It was one game.

yes it was one game

It was one game.

How many games would you like us to wait until we may share our impressions? I'll be waiting for your permission.

(I don't see anyone making too broad or sweeping generalizations or extrapolations)

How many games would you like us to wait until we may share our impressions? I'll be waiting for your permission.

(I don't see anyone making too broad or sweeping generalizations or extrapolations)

I was kinda pokin fun at people who say "its only one game"

I think each game should be discussed by what you saw that particular night and think its strange when people get all upset when we talk about a player playing bad or good based off a particular game

Not outlandish

um, maybe you're smart and have green on your ignore list, but did you see this on page 1?

Originally Posted by green: "Have the Jazz ever had a player that looks so smooth and effortless?"

First, what are you "Ummming" about?

I read the comment and have no problem with green's opinion. The reaction is as if he said something completely outlandish like "Trey B, the most consistent Jazz player of all time." He was sharing an impression which seems debatable but reasonable. Others chose to pee on his parade with cynacism.

Green, I got your back, don't let the b@$&@%*s get you down!

agree

I was kinda pokin fun at people who say "its only one game"

I think each game should be discussed by what you saw that particular night and think its strange when people get all upset when we talk about a player playing bad or good based off a particular game

Agreed!

Oh Yeah, we had summer league!

I got a feeling that he is the type of player when he gets under more spotlight he plays better. He was great at March Madness, he showed the glimpses of he can do it in the NBA too and he was better in pre-season than SL. I think the bigger the game is the bigger he'll play.

^^
I knew you were being sarcastic man. When you mentioned SL, i just wanted to say what might be the reason behind his poor SL performance.

I think it has more to do with summer league only barely resembling basketball. Trey Burke can play basketball. I find it humorous that many here probably putting Trey on par with early Carlos Arroyo and speak about hoping he at least becomes a solid backup after summer league. He is far closer to Deron Williams than a middle of the road pg. Also humorous are those slotting him into about 7 million a year on his next contract. His on the ball D will be worth most of that by itself. People need to cheer the hell up, we drafted a player. Enjoy it!
Now, as for the tank, there could be problems down the road. . .

Dammit Burke, give us something to cheer for tonight. Burks is a lost cause and the rest of the lottery picks on this team are so meh this season.

Dammit Burke, give us something to cheer for tonight. Burks is a lost cause and the rest of the lottery picks on this team are so meh this season.

Rudy-Gobert_full_diapos_large1.jpg

* Disapproves of this comment. . .

Found this on youtube this morning, thought anyone who missed last night's game might appreciate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tS3LX-tQJI

I think he looks kind of herky-jerky out there, not really in rhythm. He needs to watch some game-tape of Stockton so he can see how to make the game come to him much easier.

I think he looks kind of herky-jerky out there, not really in rhythm. He needs to watch some game-tape of Stockton so he can see how to make the game come to him much easier.

He always looks like that to me but eventually I realized it's because he uses a lot of arm in his shot. It's not even a bad thing, just a little unusual and it makes his shots look odd if you're used to a more fluid jumper.

I'm encouraged a little given how uncomfortable, almost to the point of feeling unsure about himself, he looked in the summer league and preseason. The fact that the self doubt doesnt seem to be plaguing him and he can just play and react is a huge positive.