What's new

Trey is a Chucking Ball Hog

LOL! Talk about a hideous box score....did you see Derick Roses' a couple of nights ago? He missed 20 shots....had 11 turnovers....and only 1 assist...and the Bull's STILL won the game! Can someone explain that to me???

It was just one game. With Trey this has been the rule rather than the exception.

Know your role

In his first 114 games since he entered the league after being drafted 9th overall in the 2013 NBA draft, Trey Burke has been, well, underwhelming to say the least. The Jazz point guard is shooting 37.7 percent from the field and 32.6 percent from 3 over his career while regressing in both those categories (37.3, 31.8) in his second season. His performance has validated some concerns I had about him before entering his league; namely an inability to pass up a questionable shot for himself in order to make simple plays for his teammates.

Burke’s struggles have forced the Jazz to move the former lottery pick to the bench in favor of a 19-year-old rookie. So far, the early returns have been promising. Burke is shooting 40.9 percent from the field and 37.0 percent from 3 -- numbers that aren’t great but a marked improvement -- during his first three games leading the second unit, a stretch in which Utah has posted a 2-1 record.

During his time as a starter, Burke has looked burdened by the non-scoring duties that come with running an NBA team. While certainly young and able to grasp such concepts with more time, some players just aren’t wired to handle those responsibilities. Off the bench, Burke is free to do what he seems naturally inclined to do: score.

Excelling in this role -- the Lou Williams, volume-shooting, bench scorer -- may be Burke’s best (and possibly only) avenue to sticking in the league.
https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/236438/Coachs-Corner-A-Twist-On-Hero-Ball-Trey-Burke-Mozgov

"Talk about a hideous box score....did you see Derick Roses' a couple of nights ago? He missed 20 shots....had 11 turnovers....and only 1 assist...and the Bull's STILL won the game! Can someone explain that to me???"

....no one can explain THAT......not even Einstein!!!

"Talk about a hideous box score....did you see Derick Roses' a couple of nights ago? He missed 20 shots....had 11 turnovers....and only 1 assist...and the Bull's STILL won the game! Can someone explain that to me???"

....no one can explain THAT......not even Einstein!!!

Yes, the Bulls outscored their opponents.